(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_120445 (resized).jpg
20240413_120413 (resized).jpg
20240413_120404 (resized).jpg
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clempo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#910 6 years ago

From a cradle, is your left flipper strong enough to make it to the top of the right ramp?
Mine only works if the ball is coming down the inlane. This makes it hard to spell STARGATE or get combos.

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

From a cradle? yes...all flippers can make all ramp shots easily.

Alright, that means it's worth it to install my spare flipper coil.
I would use the right ramp as a loop pass more often if the flipper was stronger.
I find a post pass from the left to the right does not work very well on a Stargate.

#913 6 years ago

Can you give me your technique for cradle separation on a Stargate?
When I have two balls cradled on a flipper and only want to send one ball in play with precision, I often screw up and lose one of the balls.

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I am no expert but when I am cradling 2 balls on one side and want to move a ball to the opposite flipper, I will try to lightly bounce the outer ball up and tip it with the flipper tip to the other flipper...there may be other techniques.

That's the problem, when I try to lightly tap the flipper, it still goes all the way up and it launches the ball out of control.

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

How would I go about scanning the playfield? There were some touch ups made...

You can unpopulate the top side in the area of interest and use a flatbed scanner.
I tried to use a wand scanner once without unpopulating and that did not work well.

1 month later
#934 6 years ago

There is an annoying bug in my Stargate. Sometimes when I'm in multiball with two balls left in play and I lose one ball, the machine turns the flippers off which makes me lose the last ball too. It could be a problem with my outhole switch and trough, but it never happens when there are 3 balls in play, so I'm leaning towards a software bug instead. I have Rev3 ROMs. Is this fixed in Rev5?

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Sounds like a trough switch.
Never happens in 3 Ball is because the machine probably thinks you have 1 ball in play (even though you have 2) after one drains.
When you have two, and drain one, it thinks you have zero.
A trough switch is probably indicating a ball is there when it's not.

That's a good theory. I'll check my trough. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm confused, because if I have two balls and the machine thinks I only have one ball, then it would end the multiball mode but that's not what is happening. I now agree this is likely a trough switch problem, but I think the trouble starts when the second to last ball enters the trough, not earlier.

1 week later
#941 6 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

Can you give me your technique for cradle separation on a Stargate?
When I have two balls cradled on a flipper and only want to send one ball in play with precision, I often screw up and lose one of the balls.

I finally figured it out. Since the flipper is so steep on Stargate, the normal resting position of two cradled balls is one in the in-line and one on the flipper. If you try cradle separation a la PAPA tutorial from this position it does not work because the inner ball does not clear the slingshot. You first have to tap the flipper a little bit to make the outer ball go in the in-line and come back ending up with two balls on the flipper. In this position, it's easy to do cradle separation.

The same caveat applies to separate 3 balls cradled on the same flipper. Make sure only one ball is in the in-lane and two balls are on the flipper, then you can attempt separation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clempo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid?tu=clempo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.