(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,378 posts
  • 275 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_120445 (resized).jpg
20240413_120413 (resized).jpg
20240413_120404 (resized).jpg
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#692 8 years ago

Picked up a Stargate this past weekend. Had been after one for awhile, enjoyed the movie and TV series (all of them).

Game is in good shape, cabinet is near perfect. Playfield has a few wear spots in the usual places. Plastics are good ( at least the ones you see) I have a few broken ones behind the pyramid. I had an issue with the VUK/ramp on the right side. Pulled the ramp out, heated it up, bent it and then tack welded it and now the ball is working fine.

Only other issue is random scoring when you hit the flippers, using switch test mode i can't find any sensative ones. Also sometimes the ball gets stuck behind the drop target in the upper right lane.

Overall, very fun game, glad to finally have one.

#693 8 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Hey, could someone please post a picture of the game with the playfield slid out? I really can't figure out how this is supposed to work. I can slide it out all the way to the ends of the pivot brackets, but that isn't far enough for the supports under the play field to reach reach lockdown bar, and I'm not about to prop the playfield up on its own components! Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's something misplaced on my game...

Yeah it seems like a struggle to pull it out, it pulls a portion, then you have to pivot up and then it'll pull the rest of the way...

#694 8 years ago

Where are you guys getting your ramps replated?

My left ramp had a crappy weld/repair job, so i'd like to clean up the welds and then have the ramp recoated.

#695 8 years ago

What LED's did you guys use for the flashers? I put in some #89, the only ones i could find with 8 led's and they are fricken blinding, i'm seeing spots after playing a game.

1 week later
#698 7 years ago

That's just the ball guide to drop it down. According to PBR, there isn't a pad or anything that goes on there. It should be straight down, can't tell if yours is bent or not. I only get a bounce back down the shooting lane occasionally and only if i do a full throttle release. The goal is to get either of the skill shots.

It should drain to sarcophagus in the lower left, which has a kicker that will kick it back out. The gate should be open to allow it to go into the sarcophagus.

#699 7 years ago

I picked up a NOS right ramp as i was having trouble with mine and it was beat up and bent... however, i seem to have a fitment issue...

This is with the ramp sitting on the 2 black posts that were there... Trying to find pictures to see what posts should be where. Looks like 2 silver ones support the left ramp and 2 black posts support the right ramp.

Any ideas or thoughts?

IMG_7810_(resized).jpgIMG_7810_(resized).jpg

#701 7 years ago

Yeah, i was more referring to the fact it was already secured in the back, and it wasn't a great fit. I had to force the ramp down flush with the PF. The screws held it (wasn't sure if they would). Then hopefully the ramp flap is also holding it down.

From my research, the 2 black supports are correct for the rear. 2 silver on the left ramp.

1 month later
#704 7 years ago

Yes the rear right rubber is suppose to be around the siamese post (white/clear) and the red post. It's a 1" rubber.
I just did the same, put black there because i had issues with it bouncing out a lot (I had clear silicon everywhere, but it's all black now).

9 months later
#796 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Love our stargate after about a month of owning it. My favorite pin ever. We have room for 2 pins only. If you could own a stargate and one other pin, what would the other pin be? Looking for ideas. I want something just as fun as stargate.

Stargate is good, but my Medieval Madness takes the cake

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from Brunsie:

mystman12 I cleaned and waxed my machine. Noticeable improvement but I was still getting balls exiting quartz/center VUK spinning back and around then down ramp. I traced problem to ball impacting optic sensor bracket in front of the VUK exit. Back bottom edge of bracket showed noticeable wear down to bare metal. My fix was to bend the front of the guide down a little bit to guide ball under opto sensor bracket. See photos after mod. In photo shot back into VUK exit you can actually see a little glint on bracket back bottom edge where balls have hammered the bottom edge down a little. Front edge of guide is now below the plastic and just even with top of opto sensor bracket. I tired to keep the bend at the same radius as the back of the VUK guide. Balls are now consistently landing smoother and closer to habitrail. I have not had any balls come even close to spinning back and down the ramp in the weeks since I did this.

I've been struggling with this forever, i've tried bending the bracket and still have issues. I even replaced the ramp with a new one to see if that was the case.

#799 7 years ago

My original optical bracket was beat to hell. I replaced that with the new ramp. I spent a lot of time bending and adjusting the original one. It was fine for awhile, but it's nearly 90% the ball runs backwards now. Just haven't taken time to mess with it again.

1 year later
#1009 5 years ago

hey everyone, i'm a former owner, great game. I sold my Stargate to my brother. He let me know that he has no sound on bootup now all the sudden. I'm going to head down soon to help troubleshoot it, but wanted to see if there were common things to check on it. I haven't touched the game in a couple years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid?tu=chrisnack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.