(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_120445 (resized).jpg
20240413_120413 (resized).jpg
20240413_120404 (resized).jpg
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg
There are 2,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 48.
#151 10 years ago

Hi guys I am looking for a set of the coin entry buttons that fill the bezel on the coin door. I have tried PBR, but they don't have any. Somebody have a spare set for sale or possibly some used ones? I con't figure out whatother games of that era might have used same either,

#152 10 years ago

Just finished changing out the back box lights to LED, especially testing out the new Op Max from Comet Pinball. Wow. I almost blinded myself doing it, but I think it looks great now. I just need to replace my rope light and it will be done.

The bulbs behind the rays that flash were a pain, because nothing seemed to work in them because of low voltage. Has anyone else had that problem? Bulbs would work fine in another socket, but in the 10 strobing ones they would fade to almost nothing and barely show up.

Before, after, and new bulbs shown.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-91.jpgimage-91.jpg
image-349.jpgimage-349.jpg

#153 10 years ago

I like the regular bulbs better in this case. Shows the natural colors off better with bulbs.

#154 10 years ago

I am probably going to tone down the top row once I get more regular bulbs instead of what is essentially a car headlight bulb, but I couldn't see any of the blues before with the incandescent bulbs and now that lightning and walkway shine and look 3D.

If you don't like this, you'd probably despise my NGG. All flashy bright and inserts so color coded and changed out from the orange/yellow that we call it Gofers of Oz.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

The bulbs behind the rays that flash were a pain, because nothing seemed to work in them because of low voltage. Has anyone else had that problem? Bulbs would work fine in another socket, but in the 10 strobing ones they would fade to almost nothing and barely show up.

AFAIK, there are only 9 controlled lamps in the backbox, not 10. Do they work with the incandescents? If so, you may want to try a different LED. Sys3s are a bit more finicky about lamps, especially in controlled inserts.

For fun I put blue flasher LEDs behind Ra's eyes. Because of the color shift from the white, when it flashes it looks like Ra's head moves. Freaky looking but appropriate for the theme.

viperrwk

#156 10 years ago

I know people have said they put colored flashers behind Ra, so I was going to try it but only had white bayonet on hand. So I put in the white LED flashers I had in the 4 flasher spots, but they immediately started flashing. Not strobing/flickering... full power flashing the whole time in attract mode until I started a game. I couldn't stand it doing that all the time, so went back to the incandescent flashers.

You are right, there are only 9 controlled lamps... I forgot the middle one just has one. I tried incandescent, frosted cool/warm bullet LED, colored convex LED, 2-LED faceted, 5-LED flat top, and basically everything I had on hand that was a bayonet base. They all looked good/normal in the standard sockets but sad/weak and barely on in the controlled. Even the incandescent looked like it was a faint orange glow instead of the warm light they normally put out. I ended up using the cool bullets since they had the most output of the group, which is why I had to use so many of the Op Max because I only had 25 total on hand. (I think my eyes are still screwed up and seeing spots from last night. Dang those things are bright while looking straight at them.)

#157 10 years ago

Gameplay question - how do you actually get your Horus bonus? How do you add segment bonus that you get at the end of game? What does it mean when 2 or three modes (save Sari, Rebellion, etc) are lit at the same time? Are you trying for more than one at a time?

I have had this game 6 months and am really starting to learn the ruleset. Amazing that someone designed the ruleset this way. So much to do after you learn it! The more I learn the more I enjoy it though.

Thanks

Oh also just put a new plastic ramp in and used a rivet gun for the first time. Went smoothly and will past photos later.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Gameplay question - how do you actually get your Horus bonus?

You can only collect the Horus bonus during "Battle" mode. Each time you successfully hit one of the two shots, you collect the current Horus bonus, and raise it by 10 million. Each made shot also adds additional time. This is why "Battle" is probably the most lucrative mode in the game.

What does it mean when 2 or three modes (save Sari, Rebellion, etc) are lit at the same time? Are you trying for more than one at a time?

I have never seen this on my game. Perhaps you are getting some ghosting, or have some type of short in the lamp matrix.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have never seen this on my game. Perhaps you are getting some ghosting, or have some type of short in the lamp matrix.

I think he means they are already lit, which happens after you have activated that mode. Flashing mode means it is the next one to be activated by shooting the pyramid. You can change which one is next by hitting Ra's Bracelet. Once all the modes are solidly lit (not flashing), meaning you have activated each of them once, the Eye of Ra in the middle will start flashing. Shoot the pyramid again, and you will be in the Eye of Ra wizard mode.

It sounds like in the case you are describing, you had already completed 3 modes?

#160 10 years ago

How do you add segment bonus that you get at the end of game?

Segment bonus is how many of the Stargate segments you had activated at the end of the game (10 million each): Sarcophagus, Transporter, Combo, Quartz Trade, Hurry Up, Pyramid, and Spell Stargate. 70 million possible. If you complete all of them, you do get to go into Stargate Wizard mode (although I have never accomplished this myself, I've only gotten 6 of them).

#161 10 years ago

One strategy that is helpful with Advancing Horus is that it can be advanced by hitting the transporter award over and over (before even going into Battle Mode). That way you can start battle mode and have the first shot be worth however much you advanced the Horus Bonus (I've been able to start at 70 million, but as luck would have it, that was my shortest battle mode ever!).

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

If you complete all of them, you do get to go into Stargate Wizard mode (although I have never accomplished this myself, I've only gotten 6 of them).

I have only got all of the segments twice in 2 years of owning Stargate.I usually get all of the segments by trading 20-25 quartz.The Hurry Up segment is the hardest to get in my opinion.Great game my first pin and will be a keeper for sure.I don't even hear the callouts anymore."Shoot the pyramid"Ha.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from scottnds:

The Hurry Up segment is the hardest to get in my opinion ...

Without question.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Without question.

I am not sure I even understand how to get it correctly, can someone explain?

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure I even understand how to get it correctly, can someone explain?

You have to hit the pop bumpers a certain number of times to start it. Once the mode begins, you have a limited amount of time to shoot the sarcophagus shot.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You have to hit the pop bumpers a certain number of times to start it. Once the mode begins, you have a limited amount of time to shoot the sarcophagus shot.

Thanks. If I am in another mode, do pops not count? Seems really inconsistent for me.

Anyone know how many hits is takes?

#167 10 years ago

Apparently, You can also start the hurry up via combos. I was not aware of this ...

http://pinball.org/rules/stargate.html

Hurry-Up is activated normally by getting 10 pop bumper hits. It is also activated by getting 10 combos. When lit, shoot the right lane within 10-15 seconds to collect the Hurry-Up award. The awards are:

10M
30M
extra ball
50M
+ ??

The value is held for the whole game (i.e. you don't need to make all 3 Hurry-Ups on one ball to get the extra ball), though that's probably adjustable.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks. If I am in another mode, do pops not count? Seems really inconsistent for me.
Anyone know how many hits is takes?

Indeed, during multiball or modes, the pops don't count.

#169 10 years ago

thanks for the clarity.

#170 10 years ago

A couple of you Stargate Owners mentioned in this thread having new ramp stickers - can you let me know where you got them? I asked Pinball Resource and they said they didn't have them?

Awesome machine - first pin I bought - managed to beat the final wizard mode 2x - a tough goal to reach! A machine that I never tire of playing!

#171 10 years ago

My ramp stickers came with the machine, but he got them from Pinball Resource. Maybe he's just out for now? This would have been within the last few months.

Does anyone have a good free play score card replacement? I've seen some in pics but haven't gotten around to making any yet, and have nothing this size already.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Does anyone have a good free play score card replacement? I've seen some in pics but haven't gotten around to making any yet, and have nothing this size already.

Zach made some cool ones ...

http://pinballcards.blogspot.com/search/label/Stargate

#173 10 years ago

I just got a ramp sticker for for my plastic ramp from Pinball Resource. I pulled up the picture on the web and went over exactly what sticker I needed when I called them on the phone. He went and checked he had the sticker on the shelf.

#174 10 years ago

Thanks - It may be that I asked years ago - but now they have them (ramp stickers) - Thanks for the answers - I'll give them another call -

I have had some high scores over 1 billion - save up the super jackpot, doubling as you go - build up your quartz and somewhere around 23 or 24 quartz you can trade in for the Super Jackpot!

That's my hint!

1 week later
#175 10 years ago

I've been waiting to join this club since it was formed and I am happy to say that I finally found one for sale near me and it will be in my home in a week or two once I can go pick it up. I'll post up pics when I get it.
I already warned my wife that she or I might start mumbling shoot the pyramid in our sleep once we get it.
Cheers and have a great Thanksgiving!

- Josiah

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I've been waiting to join this club since it was formed and I am happy to say that I finally found one for sale near me and it will be in my home in a week or two once I can go pick it up. I'll post up pics when I get it.
I already warned my wife that she or I might start mumbling shoot the pyramid in our sleep once we get it.
Cheers and have a great Thanksgiving!
- Josiah

How did one get out West? The pin must have gotten past border patrol and that 30 foot high 1000 mile long electrical fence! Good job smuggling a Stargate to your area! Slower and deeper than T2 and should balance out your collection nicely.
Enjoy!

#177 10 years ago

It required some travel north across the border to lock this one down. Don't tell the Queen or the authorities in BC cause they may never let it leave, what with it being a masterpiece and all. Not sure how it got out west to begin with. I only know of 2 SG's anywhere within a 700 mile radius around my house so they are sparse.
Tommy @ Nitro in Mission BC hooked me up with the one that they had. It was a bit outside what I wanted to pay and he was willing to negotiate down to a price that I was happy to pay and my better half gave me two thumbs up so a trip north is happening next week or the week after to go grab it.
Next up will be a TAF for the wife. It's her favorite movie and she loves the pin. I guess good taste is expensive but she has been awesome with me diving headfirst into the hobby so she deserves it.

#178 10 years ago

Darn dollar being devalued! I have an awsome wife also. She was a little suspect on my first pinball purchase, but super supportive when I bought my second, HS2. She is giving me the thumbs up to expand out the unfinished side of our basement to even get more pins. Got bid and good to go.
Buy her that TAF! She sounds awsome!

1 week later
#179 10 years ago

Awww yeah!!! It took a while but I am in the club now. This pic was taken after the 9 hour drive it took to get this bad boy home. My friend Steve drove with me and it was late when my wife took the picture but don't we look happy?
It almost didn't happen as our Subaru broke a rod a day before the planned trip but through fate and good friends we made it all work out.
It's a re import, has ball wear by the drops and is missing the rope light but other than that it's nice and clean and looks like it has been treated well.
Now comes an order to PBR and an order to Comet so I can get the lighting the way I want it and so I can get a manual not in German.
Does anyone know which connector the rope light is supposed to hook up to? I figured I'd ask in case anyone here knows that off hand or can take a peek at theirs. I have not had a chance to find that out yet on mine.
Cheers and have a great week!

1425595_10151772325067823_1781049078_n[1].jpg1425595_10151772325067823_1781049078_n[1].jpg
#180 10 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Does anyone know which connector the rope light is supposed to hook up to? I figured I'd ask in case anyone here knows that off hand or can take a peek at theirs. I have not had a chance to find that out yet on mine.

Congrats on the pickup. I know you'll enjoy it for some time.

The rope light is connected behind the insert panel by a two wire connector. One wire is white with orange tracer and the other is white with a brown/green tracer. If the rope light has been removed chances are this connector was cut off and the only thing you'll have there are the wires.

You can go to Radio Shack and buy this - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103449 - and this - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103448. Steve Young sells the rope light without the connectors and does not sell the connectors separately. Crimp the connectors to the wires and install. If you need a pic just holler.

viperrwk

#181 10 years ago

The wife and I have been on a daily marathon of Stargate SG1. Such a great show. One day when I own a larger house I am sure this will be in the collection. One of my favorite backglasses.

#182 10 years ago

My husband finished re-watching all of SG1 and Atlantis, and has moved on to re-watching Stargate Universe. Or, as I like to call it, BattleStargate-lactica.

I highly recommend hooking a sub up to Stargate. Sandstorm sounds amazing with extra bass.

#183 10 years ago

Thank you viperrwk!
That's exactly what I needed. I appreciate it.

I also found last night that some of my spare 44 bayonet style led bulbs from comet would not fit into my playfield GI because they had a wide collar. Sounds like you may have had the same issue blondetall.
Can anyone give a recommendation for a LED brand who's single frosted led bulbs will fit into the PF GI?

viperrwk do you remember which brand of bulb you used for the flasher behind Ra?

Thanks for the help!

#184 10 years ago

The bullet style from Comet worked for the playfield, GI, and backglass for me. I also put some of the OpMax in the backglass. I tried the other LEDs I had on hand when I first got it but they didnt work, and somehow the cheaper bullet bulbs did. I am not near the machine but can check more details if you need them later.

#185 10 years ago

That's perfect! Thanks blondetall!

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

viperrwk do you remember which brand of bulb you used for the flasher behind Ra?

CT flat 89 blues.

viperrwk

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

My husband finished re-watching all of SG1 and Atlantis, and has moved on to re-watching Stargate Universe. Or, as I like to call it, BattleStargate-lactica.

I was bummed when they cancelled SGU. I liked it more that Atlantis.

#188 10 years ago

Husband likes SGU the best. I get tired of the angst/tension and lack of obligatory big muscled up dude with either no or lots of hair. Lol

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I get tired of the angst/tension and lack of obligatory big muscled up dude with either no or lots of hair. Lol

It's amazing how much success Jason Momoa has had since Atlantis. He's by far the biggest star from that show now. I was just reading in Variety today that he is being considered for the part of Doomsday in Zack Snyder's upcoming Batman/Superman movie.

#190 10 years ago

Another ruleset question - Superjackpot - once you trade in your 26+ quartz for it then what? It is a reward or a mode? Can't find it in the rulesheet and did not pick up on it while I was playing. Any answers?

Also, Been digging into the rules over the last couple of months and the game is more fun than ever. I could see how someone could walk up to it play a few games and not get this pin, but they are missing out. What fool would rate this game a 3 out of 10 on the ratings scale anyway? Thanks

#191 10 years ago

Another ruleset question - Superjackpot - once you trade in your 26+ quartz for it then what? It is a reward or a mode? Can't find it in the rulesheet and did not pick up on it while I was playing. Any answers?

You get the amount of points the Super Jackpot is at that moment. Could be 100 million, but could also be 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 or even more millions (depending on how much you've build it till then).

#192 10 years ago

So having had SG for a few days now the only thing I have found wrong with mine is that the ball is not being sensed when you hit the Horus or Pyramid Shot and you have to wait until the game ball checks and then the VUK works like a charm.
This is the first game I have with optos and I am guessing that is the issue I am having. I am an electronics noob but I love learning so I thought I'd ask if any one else has had this problem. I know viperwrk and Gov had brought up optos earlier (end of page 1 beginning of 2) but any additional help would be great as I don't know what is actually wrong.

I'll also be ordering LED's this week so hopefully I can get this all sorted so I can fix everything when I tear it down in a couple weeks or so. Cheers!

#193 10 years ago

I guess it could be a switch as well. My manual is in German so I without tearing mine down I am flying a bit in the dark. Thanks again!

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I guess it could be a switch as well. My manual is in German so I without tearing mine down I am flying a bit in the dark. Thanks again!

The ball is sensed in the VUK by an opto. It's common for the opto to miss balls in there especially if they don't sit square in the VUK. You can test it in switch test to see if it sees the ball at all. If it doesn't, you have an opto problem that I would first address by cleaning then reflowing the solder on the optos as they tend to go cold.

viperrwk

#195 10 years ago

I am a dummy with electronics too... It happened to me. All I can say is that cleaning the optos was enough to solve this issue. I doubt it could be a switch. The pin is simply not noticing the ball is there, and that's the task of the opto. Right ?
Any tech advice from me must be taken with precaution...

#196 10 years ago

The opto is treated by the machine as a switch. Tripping the opto which is part of the switch matrix is the only way the machine knows the ball is waiting in the VUK to be kicked up. Alignment on the VUK is critical. If you want to see what happens with a badly aligned VUK, watch the PAPA Stargate gameplay video. It's pretty funny how it ends and the bad VUK ruined a perfectly good score.

http://papa.org/2012/12/03/stargate-gameplay/

viperrwk

2 weeks later
#197 10 years ago

I just got my first 5 shoot combo last week. After months of not knowing about it and months of missing the pyramid shot at the end (choke), I finally hit it. Keep in mind I am not a great player by any means, but the little pinball victories I acheive keep it fun for me.
All and all it was a good first year in pinball for me and hope you had a good year too! I am looking forward to my second year. At 42 it is so nice to have a hobby again!
Have a great New Year and play more pinball!

#198 10 years ago

I cant wait to get my right ramp opto fixed so i can fully enjoy my SG

1 week later
#199 10 years ago

I didn't thoroughly read all the details. But on my sg the lower left optos werent registering. I swapped them out with the top right and those did not work in that position.. So long story short the optos were fine. Somehow one of the fat resistors legs on the board that controls these had broken loose. Resoldered and all is well. I almost jumped the gun in ordering . I swear I tested them before and thought they were the problem.
I absolutely love this game. I'm not the best player but find I can almost command this one. I do fear that it could get boring (not anytime soon) but by no means is it a boring game . It is by for one of the best I've played . True flow and a stackable ruleset with great modes. The glider is such a simple toy by just swinging back and forth but seems to be one of the best attention getters ever. I doubt I'd let this one slip away for any other reason than finding a nicer example.

#200 10 years ago

Thx for the info jammer74 , ill take a look at that to see if it can be the same problem !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 2,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.