New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,375 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by sixgill
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 474 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

64F8D727-B925-4F1A-87CC-BEFC65DBCD6B (resized).jpeg
B8E775E4-5759-443D-B4C9-D36D9865308D (resized).jpeg
642D6293-1BCB-49F3-9280-C02351634DE0 (resized).jpeg
815DF4B6-D678-49F6-AA3F-46A8760D5B77 (resized).jpeg
IMGP3854 (resized).JPG
IMGP3853 (resized).JPG
IMGP3852 (resized).JPG
figures (resized).jpg
stargateglider (resized).jpg
allfigures (resized).jpg
20201020_073010 (resized).jpg
20201019_151818 (resized).jpg
20201019_151533 (resized).jpg
IMG_2253 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
118157076_989284748151635_4131402152767584694_n (resized).jpg

There are 1375 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.
#1351 41 days ago

So I bought a Stargate with an issue that in WPC and DE games I would have fixed fairly quickly.

Fuse 28 and Q11 MOSFET on the driver board keep blowing as soon as I test them. Coil is new (top center kicker) and I’ve swapped the wires to the coil a few times (replacing the coil diode, MOSFET and fuse each time). I’ve tested for continuity and shorts and no issues there. Is there another coil or diode in-line that I’m missing? The Driver board is a new Rottendog board and the (top center kicker) coil is also new. I’ve tested the switch in the switch test and it works.

#1352 41 days ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

Lol...the second photo is close. The center VUK coil wiring and diode direction is what I need...the photo cuts off the wiring colors at the bottom the photo, and I really need to see the diode direction.

Oops...sorry...how's this?

20201020_073010 (resized).jpg
#1353 41 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Oops...sorry...how's this?
[quoted image]

Yes sir that is exactly the photo I needed. Thank you!

#1354 40 days ago

So I got ‘er fixed...with a lot of photos provided by the member FtrMech which I greatly appreciate and couldn’t have fixed it without his help. I hope the solution helps others fix Gottlieb system 3 pins. So center kicker kept blowing the fuse, diode on the coil and Q11 MOSFET. I think I looked at everything and replaced all three of the above components at least 4 times. Then I looked closer at the fuse block and removed F26-F27-F29 and kept in F28...guess what it worked. I then replaced F27 and it still worked, then F28 and it still worked and lastly F26 and it didn’t work. I really don’t understand it but the coil that serves F26 still works and the diode is good but has a small short in it enough to blow F28??? Not sure why?

If you come across an issue where the MOSFET and diode are replaced and blow, take out the fuses that serves the same group of fuses and see if it resolves the issue

#1355 40 days ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

So I got ‘er fixed...with a lot of photos provided by the member FtrMech which I greatly appreciate and couldn’t have fixed it without his help. I hope the solution helps others fix Gottlieb system 3 pins. So center kicker kept blowing the fuse, diode on the coil and Q11 MOSFET. I think I looked at everything and replaced all three of the above components at least 4 times. Then I looked closer at the fuse block and removed F26-F27-F29 and kept in F28...guess what it worked. I then replaced F27 and it still worked, then F28 and it still worked and lastly F26 and it didn’t work. I really don’t understand it but the coil that serves F26 still works and the diode is good but has a small short in it enough to blow F28??? Not sure why?
If you come across an issue where the MOSFET and diode are replaced and blow, take out the fuses that serves the same group of fuses and see if it resolves the issue

Happy to help...that's what being part of the "Pinball Community" is all about...nice job on the fix!

#1356 36 days ago

In looking over my Stargate playfield on the Mastage, Horus, & Anubus figures all the paint has faded or is gone.
Does anyone out there have a mint condition game that they can post Med rez photos of them so I can restore the
paint on these.
Also can the Anubus and Horus figures be removed from the top of the playfield

#1357 36 days ago
Quoted from sjt1803:

In looking over my Stargate playfield on the Mastage, Horus, & Anubus figures all the paint has faded or is gone.
Does anyone out there have a mint condition game that they can post Med rez photos of them so I can restore the
paint on these.
Also can the Anubus and Horus figures be removed from the top of the playfield

You can always go look at the ones in stock at Pinball Resource...I have already touched mine up so I am not sure they will do you any good...but you always check some of my previous posts to this topic of my playfield swap and see if you can use them.

#1358 36 days ago

I looked at what is on his site and at least one looks nothing like what I saw posted IPDB postings of the playfield .. The one figure on his site for example is painted bright blue on the front of it.
I was just going to buy new ones, but saw that and decided would be better to restore them Which is why I thought to try and find someone with a mint game that did not spend a lot of time in sunlight.

#1359 36 days ago

Here is what new ones look like. Two seem fine, one not so much. The images are low rez

allfigures (resized).jpg
#1360 33 days ago

While I'm going over my Stargate playfield, I started on making the figures a little more appealing. First up the glider.
If you look in the manual (pg65) you'll see more what the designer had in mind.

Besides adding paint details, I added guns to the glider, these taken from a 3d model, shrunk, printed and modified for this "mini" glider.

Here is the result

stargateglider (resized).jpg
#1361 31 days ago

Here are all of them

figures (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1362 24 days ago

Hi Stargate owners! I am looking to join your club and I’m wondering if someone could give me the rundown on what I should look for when I’m looking at a used Stargate other than the normal Pinball things. What goes wrong with this game? Are there any parts I can’t buy? Thanks ahead of time I love pinsiders!

#1363 24 days ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I’m wondering if someone could give me the rundown on what I should look for when I’m looking at a used Stargate other than the normal Pinball things. What goes wrong with this game? Are there any parts I can’t buy?

Quoted from Whysnow:

ball wear on pf at all places the ball drop on it. Check on lower half of pf for cracking in art. Check around left outlane diverter for pf wear.

Quoted from Hougie:

Make sure that the glidercraft functions. Check the optos. Pass a ball through each and make sure that they register.

Quoted from 20eyes:

The upkickers can be problematic, broken weld tabs on the ramps.

Quoted from Whysnow:

plastic entrance/shooter ramp is sometimes broken but PBR still has them last I checked. Also often broken at top of this plastic ramp from the deadend pounding it takes on launch.
Take the glass off and walk the ball through a game to make sure all mechs work. Glider is a PITA if the siccors are busted. Liek others have said check welds on vuks popers and ramps. Check rope light in backbox also I guess.

#1364 23 days ago

Anybody ever have an issue where the glidercraft runs constantly? I reckon it's a switch that's off, but for the life of me I'm not finding it. It is even running in attract mode, which is super weird. I can grab a video if it's not making sense, but after working on the machine tonight and looking online I'm coming up empty.

#1365 23 days ago

Thank you for all of this I really appreciate it. When you’re testing these things is the best way to test them with just a switch test or do you actually run a ball through them? I’m thinking that maybe I should switch test at least the most complicated pieces of each game? I’m fairly new to buying older pins so I appreciate the advice.

#1366 23 days ago
Quoted from sjt1803:

Here are all of them

I haven't done my Glidercraft but am happy with the other figures. Did these probably 6 years ago.

IMGP3852 (resized).JPG
IMGP3853 (resized).JPG
IMGP3854 (resized).JPG

#1367 22 days ago
Quoted from DParcade:

Anybody ever have an issue where the glidercraft runs constantly? I reckon it's a switch that's off, but for the life of me I'm not finding it. It is even running in attract mode, which is super weird. I can grab a video if it's not making sense, but after working on the machine tonight and looking online I'm coming up empty.

Here's a look at what's happening, if anybody has any ideas I'd love to hear em!

https://i.imgur.com/nwAnytn.mp4

#1368 22 days ago

Just joined the club again. I did some trading last weekend, and end up with a wreck of a Stargate. The previous owner started to tear down the playfield to see about restoring it and got in over his head.

I love the theme and the game is fun, so I’ll just keep this one folded up in storage until the repro playfields become available.

642D6293-1BCB-49F3-9280-C02351634DE0 (resized).jpeg64F8D727-B925-4F1A-87CC-BEFC65DBCD6B (resized).jpeg815DF4B6-D678-49F6-AA3F-46A8760D5B77 (resized).jpegB8E775E4-5759-443D-B4C9-D36D9865308D (resized).jpeg
#1369 18 days ago

Hey guys has anyone ever had trouble with the sarcophagus target popping up before you even launch the ball? Mine is popping up and continues resetting over and over once I start a game. It triggers the speech “you got it”, over and over each time it resets. Like I’m hitting the skill shot over and over when the ball is just sitting in the launching lane. I’ve never had this happen before.
When I first bought it over a year ago, the target was tapped down under the playfield and was basically disabled. Maybe this is the reason he did that. I took the tape off immediately the first day I got it home and have had absolutely no trouble out of that target since owning it, until now.
I tried looking up sarcophagus drop target issues and hvent had any luck yet. Figured I’d ask.

#1370 16 days ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

I love the theme and the game is fun, so I’ll just keep this one folded up in storage until the repro playfields become available.

I have a nice original playfield but I think the shipping would probably kill it!

#1371 15 days ago

Would make a great topper. And I don't really like toppers. LOL
https://thestargateproject.com/

1 week later
#1372 9 days ago

Hi all,

I have just replaced the battery holder on my control board and have reset all the settings however whenever a extra ball gets awarded the machine goes through all the sound effects etc but no extra ball appears, if you were on ball one you would go to ball 2 instead of getting an extra ball.

I have looked through the manual to see if I have set it to award points or something but can't see anything.

Am I missing something

#1373 4 days ago

Hey, everybody. My name is Bill and I, too, shoot the pyramid.

#1374 4 days ago
Quoted from Shijuro:

Welcome Bill

#1375 3 days ago
Quoted from Shijuro:

Hey Bill.

I had a quick game last and hit 800,000 on two balls, on track for a personal record. Couldn't get much off the third and it all ended anti-climactically...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Lighting - Interactive
Cobra Amusements
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 1375 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside