(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,322 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by d0n
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 449 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A5975A94-8CE7-4ECE-88C7-2776CABF9B0A (resized).jpeg
D5903A19-0308-47A3-BF46-1000BEABDF0B (resized).jpeg
ACC4F0E0-9526-4978-8516-2CF6B6F52C87 (resized).jpeg
B1D9930E-FC81-4FD0-9369-5844A5D18578 (resized).jpeg
LED Rope On (resized).jpg
LED Rope 2 (resized).jpg
LED Rope Schematic (resized).jpg
LED Driver Board (resized).jpg
E4773209-91D6-4DAB-8AFA-8F98EA6A1AC2 (resized).jpeg
Lights Populated (resized).jpg
Lights Bare (resized).jpg
Anibus (resized).jpg
Horus (resized).jpg
Glider (resized).jpg
Mastadge (resized).jpg
Right Sling After (resized).jpg

There are 1322 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.
#1301 56 days ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Mine did this too. It ended up being the L bracket on the back side of the guide rail(above the flipper) was broken. The one that secured the rail to the playfield.
My guide rail was no longer guiding the ball down the flipper anymore, as it was sitting back too far. I still haven’t fixed it. I ended up putting an old flipper rubber between the post(that sits behind the guide rail) and the guide rail.
It works for now. I haven’t had any issues except it vibrated loose once. I put it back and have played several games with no problems. I have contacted Steve from the pinball Resource and he didn’t have any guide rail replacements.
Maybe check to see if that’s your issue? Hope it helps.

My L bracket there was also broken. I ended up sticking a small plastic post there instead for the guide to rest against

#1302 56 days ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Mine did this too. It ended up being the L bracket on the back side of the guide rail(above the flipper) was broken. The one that secured the rail to the playfield.
My guide rail was no longer guiding the ball down the flipper anymore, as it was sitting back too far. I still haven’t fixed it. I ended up putting an old flipper rubber between the post(that sits behind the guide rail) and the guide rail.
It works for now. I haven’t had any issues except it vibrated loose once. I put it back and have played several games with no problems. I have contacted Steve from the pinball Resource and he didn’t have any guide rail replacements.
Maybe check to see if that’s your issue? Hope it helps.

Thank you! That helps a lot and now I know what to look for. I appreciate the info!

Update: That's exactly what it was, broken bracket on the guide rail. Looks like a previous owner had already tried to fix this by using a longer screw and a post sleeve. I replaced that sleeve with a fatter tapered one and it works great now, I'm able to consistently hit the ramp shot. Thanks again for the help!

5D613BAA-D26D-4CD9-9BB3-883BF52BDE8B (resized).jpeg56609A8E-832A-4200-94D2-A8B49CC30341 (resized).jpeg6EBA9624-694E-45E7-B7DA-28AD7BBBFD3F.gif
#1303 56 days ago

Awesome! No problem bro!

I’ll have to do that to mine hehe!

#1304 51 days ago

Mine same bracket was broke as well. I contacted PBR and they didn't have anything. I bent up a piece of sheet metal and used JB Weld to attach it. Pretty sure I read about this fix in the forum but too lazy to look up the original source. If this doesn't hold up I have a 1" L bracket from the hardware store to modify.

Bracket (resized).JPG
#1305 51 days ago

Took some time to install some clear rubber rings from Titan today. I really like em! Got some post sleeves too, but they don’t fit to well. I went with Tapered Slims per recommendation. I threw a picture in to show the gap they leave up the middle. I wouldn’t get those if I you are wanting to try something new. Lol.
Wasn’t their fault, but Eric from Titan is sending me another size to try for free! Great guy!

BA4F864B-4A40-4C52-82CF-6A4D201CCC0C (resized).jpeg5CD294CD-A60D-40B5-AE47-FE04787A4DC1 (resized).jpeg62AB1282-83D1-4DAC-B9D6-20BE3ED90879 (resized).jpegD0373203-77B0-4537-AF59-DF4280D9DDC6 (resized).jpeg8BE3F505-2A3D-4100-80B8-5CDDD0FF12BE (resized).jpeg8304353F-4F93-48F0-9B75-209477D3C7F0 (resized).jpeg
#1306 51 days ago

My Stargate has taken the brunt of me being stuck at home. I've done a few things and will break it up into different posts by topic. So first up is my playfield. It isn't terrible but the ball drop areas were starting to chip a little. I wanted to put down mylar to prevent further damage but didn't want to just cover the bad areas and plus I wanted them flat for the mylar. I did a little playfield repair trying to follow Vid's Ultimate Playfield Repair guide. Ended up painting all the GI areas white as well. I drew the line at working on inserts and trying to take up the huge mylar in the middle of the playfield. Luckily no mistakes I wasn't able to recover from. Attached is one before/after picture of one area. Not bad - don't look to close - you get what you pay for.

Right Sling Before (resized).jpgRight Sling After (resized).jpg
#1307 51 days ago

Add me to the painted toy club. Did them all - Horus, Anibus, Glider, and Mastadge. Repaired Anibus Left ear that was missing top half as well.

Mastadge (resized).jpgGlider (resized).jpgHorus (resized).jpgAnibus (resized).jpg
#1308 51 days ago

Converted all my bulbs to LED a year ago (Post 1050). I noticed then how neat the clear Siamese post back in the transporter fly-back looked with the GI light shining through it. So I converted all the red faceted posts to clear faceted except I went yellow next to the bracelet kicker and stayed red in the right out lane. Also put Comet post lights just about everywhere. Cool white everywhere except I went warm white next to the bracelet kicker, the red out lane, the sarcophagus fly-back, and the quartz fly-back. I used dimmers pretty much all the way down except for the four I put buried back at the back of the playfield (I added a post at the end of the sarcophagus fly-back as I was getting balls jammed up there). With clear posts I decided to go black bands all around. Also added a Comet LED strip on the out-hole, a Comet LED strip to light the plunger, an LED bulb for the sarcophagus, and a warm white spot light over the 2 bank target shining on the pyramid and Anibus (really lights up the glider). Definitely more fun to play in the dark now. Included photos of the playfield with the lights exposed and after fully populating the playfield. No longer a dark game! FYI - I noticed the GI shines through the clear posts much better than the red providing more playfield light even without post lights.

Lights Bare (resized).jpgLights Populated (resized).jpg
#1309 51 days ago
Quoted from Brunsie: It isn't terrible but the ball drop areas were starting to chip a little. I wanted to put down mylar to prevent further damage but didn't want to just cover the bad areas and plus I wanted them flat for the mylar. I did a little playfield repair trying to follow Vid's Ultimate Playfield Repair guide.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good! I’d love to try and repair my playfield. I’d be afraid to try without practicing on something other than my current favorite game, though. Great job on your part if ya ask me.

#1310 50 days ago

So I have had my stargate for awhile now, after trading my really nice high speed for it. For quite a bit I just couldn't get into it. But with everything shut down, I took a full day to work through the few little issues I had with it. Not to go into the details, as it really was just minor tweaks on the fillers and the lane guides and other such things.

But after all of that, it plays pretty sweet now. And I have been loving it. Been playing it exclusively for the last week or so.

I don't consider it a "deep" pin, but it has quite a bit of shots and goals to attain. As far as game play I think it is a good comparison to my congo as far as a type of rule set and depth. Which I love my congo, so it is a great comparison, for my opinion at least.

Though, this pin is def a drain monster and kinda hard for me to get the damn balls under control. That left outlane, is just pure brutality.

So glade that the few trades I tried to do, did not go through. Pretty sure I would have regretted it, just like I regret selling my Judge Dredd.

1 week later
#1311 43 days ago

Yeah! It’s got some really fun shots when it’s dialed in. If you ever have trouble hitting the ramps, do a flipper rebuild. I have mine at a 6.5 angle and still killing the ramps no problem. I did a complete flipper rebuild on all 3. Somebody replaced the coil in left flipper with a stronger one, but I changed it back to original and have absolutely no trouble hitting it. Also if the ball is rolling down and bouncing off the top right flipper, check back a few posts for a quick fix for that.
It’s a true gem of a game, and plenty of cool features. I used to love the glider ship mode, but I think my favorite mode now, is “battle”, where you shoot at Horus and Anubis.
I do like the eye of ra mode and have yet to complete all the shots, but I’m dang close. I will hang on to this game for many years!

#1312 43 days ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

I think my favorite mode now, is “battle”, where you shoot at Horus and Anubis.

Battle is so fun. Especially if you get the base value up first. Probably my favorite Star Gate moment was starting the mode with a 60 million base and 3x scoring going. Managed to get up to like 150m before the 3x ran out... crazy points

#1313 42 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Battle is so fun. Especially if you get the base value up first. Probably my favorite Star Gate moment was starting the mode with a 60 million base and 3x scoring going. Managed to get up to like 150m before the 3x ran out... crazy points

Awesome! I need to practice. Some days I hit only 4 in a row and others I can’t get anything going. I have my flippers set to where I flip right before, or very close to the rail artwork on the playfiled. (If that makes sense...lol)
I’ll see if I’m smart enough to edit and add a pic of about where I come off the flipper for battle mode.

E4773209-91D6-4DAB-8AFA-8F98EA6A1AC2 (resized).jpeg
#1314 41 days ago

Rather than buy my 3rd rope light in 4 years decided to go the blue LED route. Turned my own. Used old rope tube. Used 5 sets of 5 parallel LEDs in series - that was fun wiring. Schematic attached with picture of home made driver board. Used simple constant current circuit. Picture of it on way over emphasizes the blue - looks much nicer in person.

LED Rope Schematic (resized).jpgLED Driver Board (resized).jpgLED Rope 2 (resized).jpgLED Rope On (resized).jpg
#1315 41 days ago
Quoted from Brunsie:

Rather than buy my 3rd rope light in 4 years decided to go the blue LED route. Turned my own. Used old rope tube. Used 5 sets of 5 parallel LEDs in series - that was fun wiring. Schematic attached with picture of home made driver board. Used simple constant current circuit. Picture of it on way over emphasizes the blue - looks much nicer in person.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, I really like the effect you have working there.

1 week later
#1316 32 days ago
Quoted from cobra18t:

Thanks, zen! I am glad you like it.
It is running an Arduino Pro Micro and can be modified with the Arduino IDE and the FastLED library. I can send you the code as a starting point if you are interested. I went with the original movie's blue water/white sparkle stargate, but it is easy to change to another color.
If anyone else is interested in a ring, let me know. I don't currently have all the parts so I would need to order a few things.

I am definitely interested in this as well.

#1317 28 days ago

Hey guys just excited to share my Horus and Anubis eye mod. I wanted to do this since I saw Sly311271’s mod. I really think it fits well, and is a nice improvement. To see any details check out the “Stargate mods ?” Thread

ACC4F0E0-9526-4978-8516-2CF6B6F52C87 (resized).jpegA5975A94-8CE7-4ECE-88C7-2776CABF9B0A (resized).jpegB1D9930E-FC81-4FD0-9369-5844A5D18578 (resized).jpegD5903A19-0308-47A3-BF46-1000BEABDF0B (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1318 8 days ago

where are you all getting your flipper rebuild kits for stargate? Every maker except for gottlieb is pretty easy to find but system 3 gottliebs are hard to find. I'd even prefer a complete new flipper assemblies if they're available.

#1319 7 days ago
Quoted from d0n:

where are you all getting your flipper rebuild kits for stargate? Every maker except for gottlieb is pretty easy to find but system 3 gottliebs are hard to find. I'd even prefer a complete new flipper assemblies if they're available.

PBR. I don't think full mechs are available anywhere.

Or swap in williams mechs

#1320 7 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

PBR. I don't think full mechs are available anywhere.
Or swap in williams mechs

Thanks. Any other place than PBR? Their antiquated website and payment methods make shopping there such a drag.

Is there a post about swapping williams mechs in?

#1321 7 days ago
Quoted from d0n:

Thanks. Any other place than PBR? Their antiquated website and payment methods make shopping there such a drag.
Is there a post about swapping williams mechs in?

Marco has them too but you'll pay a hefty premium. Pretty sure they're just reselling PBR's parts.

I don't know of any specific posts. I bought three new ones from PBL, fully assembled. FL-11630s for the right flippers, 11629 for the left flipper. A12390 coil stops. Flop the lower flippers so they align about with the snubber rods/bottoms of the inlane guides, not parallel to the top of the guide. I was able to fit all the mechs in fine, just had to loosen one wiring harness a bit. Plays way more solid than with gottlieb mechs, but the outer shots are a bit tougher, and you can't easily trap from the ramp feeds. I like my pins to shoot challenging though so it's a win win.

#1322 7 days ago

That's interesting but I really like how the game is able to trap the ball so easily. I got the rebuild kit from marco for $88 shipped. I think that's about $20 more than PBR but I'll pay that to not have to deal with that grumpy owner guy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
2,900 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Cheshire, CT
There are 1322 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside