(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,353 posts
  • 273 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by monkfe
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg
20240306_183518 (resized).jpg
2024-01-04 18.36.14 (resized).jpg
20231206_172809 (resized).jpg
20231208_085055 (resized).jpg
20231208_085047 (resized).jpg

There are 2,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 48.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Coil stop goes on this end of coil.[quoted image]

Gotcha. Thanks for breaking it to me.

The flipper movement was reduced appropriately, but I think it reduced the plunger movement too much causing the weak flipper. I'll drill and swap it.

#1202 4 years ago

I'm I correct that Bally Williams legs will make my Stargate sit at the same level as my others(Deadpool&Doctor Who).

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

I'm I correct that Bally Williams legs will make my Stargate sit at the same level as my others(Deadpool&Doctor Who).

Correct!! The 28.5 Bally/Williams legs on a Stargate will set the game the same hight as modern Sterns and Bally/Williams games.

1 week later
#1204 4 years ago

Hi.
This pinball was my first one abouyt 20 years ago. Great game.
When I bought it I was not able even to change only one lamp
After years and after some pinballs, now I can restore and repair an entire machine.
So I would like to restore the body of the pinball, putting naturally new cabinet and backbox decals.
I searched them, but without success.
Does someone knows if there are repro of the cabinet and backbox decals ?

1 week later
#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.
This pinball was my first one abouyt 20 years ago. Great game.
When I bought it I was not able even to change only one lamp
After years and after some pinballs, now I can restore and repair an entire machine.
So I would like to restore the body of the pinball, putting naturally new cabinet and backbox decals.
I searched them, but without success.
Does someone knows if there are repro of the cabinet and backbox decals ?

https://pinballdecals.eu/shop/stargate-pinball-cabinet-decals-set/

#1206 4 years ago

You really don't know for how much time I've searched them.
Thank you really much.

1 week later
#1207 4 years ago

I couldn't find any image of the skill shot ramp decal and I finally managed to make a nice looking one from a high res picture of the ramp.
Made some touch-ups, printed it, applied some mylar on the top, some double sided adhesive tape on the bottom and here it goes. Looks fine on the ramp.
Files attached.

20190905_083852.jpg20190905_083852.jpgIMG_20190905_174151.jpgIMG_20190905_174151.jpg
#1208 4 years ago

Finally got around to finishing my rope light mod. Found this mod on the net.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

Where did you find this? Is there a setting to keep it a single color vs the color-changing? Ideally I'd probably set it to blue since it's supposed to be the stargate event horizon.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from Rhaegal:

I couldn't find any image of the skill shot ramp decal and I finally managed to make a nice looking one from a high res picture of the ramp.
Made some touch-ups, printed it, applied some mylar on the top, some double sided adhesive tape on the bottom and here it goes. Looks fine on the ramp.
Files attached.[quoted image][quoted image]

I find the result really professional. Well done.

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

WOW ! Now tell us how you did.

#1212 4 years ago

This is the page I followed . But could not get the activation when the ring light blinks to do the lock sequence. Had to use a relay instead of the voltage regulator. Took a bit of time with a MM to find the issue. But now every time the ring light would flash it does lock sequence.

I agree the all blue would look better than the rainbow. Maybe later I'll learn how to reprogram the arduino to do blue

https://stacydevino.com/2017/04/stargate-pinball-reactive-led-ring-modhack/

1 week later
#1213 4 years ago

I've had intermittent issues with the 2-target bank not resetting since I purchased my Stargate about 2 years ago. Finally digging in to fix it. Using the solenoid self test the plunger fails to consistently go up. Plunger seems to cock slightly and jam - doesn't matter if targets are up or down. Coil resistance is good. MOSFET rings OK. Resistance from the 48VDC at the transformer rectifier , through the coil, to the A3 driver board checks ok. I've also taken it apart and cleaned the entire assembly including plunger and sleeve. The rollover target that uses same coil type and power source never jams even if I push it sideways to try to get it to similarly jam. Also reflowed solder at coil. De-oxed the assembly connector. My next thoughts are to replace MOSFET, coil, and sleeve. Any thoughts?

#1214 4 years ago

I had the same issue with the drop targets not resetting and got some from help from another owner on here. He suggested to slightly bend this metal piece away from the guide where it slides up. Mine was catching on there and doing this got it working again. I had to disassemble the mech but it was a quick fix. Just start with a small bend to see if it's enough to not catch and go from there. Mine didn't need much. He also mentioned using a graphite spray to help with the movement.

74131986-8D84-4C89-904D-20B9DC6A97FD (resized).jpeg74131986-8D84-4C89-904D-20B9DC6A97FD (resized).jpeg
#1215 4 years ago

Thanks Bonk! 10 minutes to make adjustment and it's working great. You saved me a lot of time - much appreciated!

3 weeks later
#1216 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the wiring on my bullseye target? The outer target won't register. As I look at it I realize the red blue wires are on a lug for the inner target only..so should they both be on the outer target lug (second from front)? Or?

Any help appreciated!

IMG_20191013_221236941 (resized).jpgIMG_20191013_221236941 (resized).jpg
#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the wiring on my bullseye target? The outer target won't register. As I look at it I realize the red blue wires are on a lug for the inner target only..so should they both be on the outer target lug (second from front)? Or?
Any help appreciated![quoted image]

I can send you a picture of mine in the afternoon (here in Italy actually 9.30 am). But I need to understand exactly where you are under the playfield. For example with the nr of switch.

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Any help appreciated![quoted image]

Hope this helps

49587CE4-0981-4B99-9035-8AB7054C24B0 (resized).jpeg49587CE4-0981-4B99-9035-8AB7054C24B0 (resized).jpeg
#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Hope this helps

Perfect thanks!

#1220 4 years ago

Just looking to show off my new baby. Got her a few months ago. Since then I've switched everything to new LEDs with purple, orange and blue regions on the play field . I also added LED strips under the pyramid, in the gutter and a few other strategic places. I added a spotlight on the left guard and a spotlight with a snoot on the right guard. Under the hood I rebuilt all the flippers, both slingshots, the left lower kicker and a couple of the drop targets. New stickers all around and fresh cleaning and coat of wax. She's pretty!!! The pics don't do her justice but was excited to show you all! A HUGE thank you to everyone on this site who have answered all my questions, guided me in the right direction for parts, etc and welcomed me into your addiction!

IMG_5495 (resized).jpgIMG_5495 (resized).jpgIMG_5493 (resized).jpgIMG_5493 (resized).jpgIMG_5455 (resized).jpgIMG_5455 (resized).jpgIMG_5482 (resized).jpgIMG_5482 (resized).jpg
#1221 4 years ago
Quoted from Daximus:

Just looking to show off my new baby. Got her a few months ago. Since then I've switched everything to new LEDs with purple, orange and blue regions on the play field . I also added LED strips under the pyramid, in the gutter and a few other strategic places. I added a spotlight on the left guard and a spotlight with a snoot on the right guard. Under the hood I rebuilt all the flippers, both slingshots, the left lower kicker and a couple of the drop targets. New stickers all around and fresh cleaning and coat of wax. She's pretty!!! The pics don't do her justice but was excited to show you all! A HUGE thank you to everyone on this site who have answered all my questions, guided me in the right direction for parts, etc and welcomed me into your addiction! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice but, how do you see the ball????

1 month later
#1222 4 years ago

Fresh from the oven...

Stargate copy (resized).jpgStargate copy (resized).jpg

Stargate - Sand copy (resized).jpgStargate - Sand copy (resized).jpg

#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Fresh from the oven...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

These look good! I'd like to see them installed in a game. It looks like the ramps would block the artwork near the top of the blades.

#1224 4 years ago

There is always room between the stuff on the pf and the cabinet, even if it is close. It also depends on the angle from where you are looking. So even if from some angles the art is blocked, it needs to have art everywhere because there is always one angle that can be seen.
In this case, the right side has more stuff, that is why there is more detail and more important elements on the left blade. Green arrow:

Stargate - Sand copy (resized).jpgStargate - Sand copy (resized).jpg

Stargate copy (resized).jpgStargate copy (resized).jpg

#1225 4 years ago

I dig both of those sideblades, will probably order both Stargate and Freddy after new year. Thanks for showing Gottlieb some love.

On another note, I found out that on my machine the Vertical Upkicker had the bottom snap off of the base of the rod so the rod would occasionally come out of the coil and jam up the machine. That was a pain in the ass to get to and replace, lol.

#1226 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Thanks for showing Gottlieb some love.

We have Side Blades done for ALL Gottliebs since 1986 (since Genesis). Some of them are already at the site and the rest is waiting so in a few days it will all be online. It's a total of 39 Side Blades for Gottlieb games. Basically for all of them since the time the cabinet can fit side art.
Gottlieb's games deserve the love so we did it.

#1227 4 years ago

2 things: Does anyone make "mirror blades" for Stargate? Does anyone make playfield plastic protectors? Any info is appreciated.

2 weeks later
#1228 4 years ago

Good day,

I just picked up a Stargate and loving this game, but need some help with the auto plunger, as it is not launching the balls up the ramp. The part looks broken? Ive looked everywhere online and can not find this part. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

20191230_122919 (resized).jpg20191230_122919 (resized).jpg20191230_122925 (resized).jpg20191230_122925 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Good day,
I just picked up a Stargate and loving this game, but need some help with the auto plunger, as it is not launching the balls up the ramp. The part looks broken? Ive looked everywhere online and can not find this part. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

easy weld fix.

#1230 4 years ago

Steve Young, pinball resource. Call him and ask for one. He may have a used one that's not broken.

2 weeks later
#1231 4 years ago

Joined the club after a long time searching! Finally got mine all shopped today. Comet warm white frosted LEDs for the GI makes this game really pop. Plastics look so cool lit up. Playfield has wear in all the usual places, and I had a few specs of paint around the slings chip off while cleaning Put a new rope light from PBR in, looks way cooler than I expected with the infinity effect. Swapped the flipper mechs for williams fliptronics, game plays super nice now.

Does anyone have a kickback that doesn't hit the lowest drop target most of the time? Mine seems to hit that target almost every time; sends the ball out of control and seems like that can't be good for the targets either... I tried to bend the lane guide a bit but it didn't help much. Seems like it'd be really cool if the kickback fed the upper flipper.

is there an adjustment for the height of the sarcophagus drop target to get it level with the playfield?

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Joined the club after a long time searching! Finally got mine all shopped today. Comet warm white frosted LEDs for the GI makes this game really pop. Plastics look so cool lit up. Playfield has wear in all the usual places, and I had a few specs of paint around the slings chip off while cleaning Put a new rope light from PBR in, looks way cooler than I expected with the infinity effect. Swapped the flipper mechs for williams fliptronics, game plays super nice now.
Does anyone have a kickback that doesn't hit the lowest drop target most of the time? Mine seems to hit that target almost every time; sends the ball out of control and seems like that can't be good for the targets either... I tried to bend the lane guide a bit but it didn't help much. Seems like it'd be really cool if the kickback fed the upper flipper.
is there an adjustment for the height of the sarcophagus drop target to get it level with the playfield?

I feel like fliptronic flippers would make this game very difficult, especially if your kickers and slings are strong. I still have the system 3 mechs on mine but took out the big right outlane post. Combined with a clearcoated playfield and this game is fast and mean even with being able to catch the ball off of the ramp returns. I might try the System 1 coil stops at some point to see how that feels.

My kickback does hit the lower drop, but it also usually feeds the upper flipper. It's more of a graze than directly smashing it. I have found that there is some play in that kicker and that unscrewing it and rescrewing it in with a slightly different alignment can make a difference (mine was rattling a lot off the right side of the lane, so much so that it was really weak and causing the ball to go 50/50 left inlane or outlane).

As for the sarcophagus, you can add a small layer of mylar or a washer to the bottom of the drop target to raise it slightly. It also might be worth checking that it is screwed in as tightly as can be.

#1233 4 years ago

Streamed mine today, did a tutorial and showed off the wizard modes, etc: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/546514861

#1234 4 years ago

I just made my own Stargate RGB LED Ring. This one reacts to the game since the original had two modes, flashing and solid on.

#1235 4 years ago

That looks great mate is it something you are looking to sell or did you just make it for you?

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

That looks great mate is it something you are looking to sell or did you just make it for you?

Yes?

#1237 4 years ago

If people were interested in the RGB ring, I could make it available. You would still have to crimp a 3-pin connector, splice into the GND wire of the AUX driver board, and solder a wire to the 20V supply by the power resistors if you want to use my PCB. The PCB has a 20->5V regulator hiding under the microcontroller.

IMG_20200206_205510681 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_205510681 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_205542443 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_205542443 (resized).jpg
#1238 4 years ago

Nicely done!

#1239 4 years ago

Does anyone know the exact part number for the rope light connector? I replaced mine with a new one from PBR, but it just had bare wires, and PBR doesn't seem to stock the connectors. Thinking it may be https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0039012020/WM3700-ND/61315/?itemSeq=316425919 but not sure

#1240 4 years ago

MiniFit Jr is the correct series. That connector looks like the one on my rope light.

IMG_20200208_140551081 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_140551081 (resized).jpg
#1241 4 years ago

Just sold my Stargate. I was planning on re silk-screening my speaker grills. I still have the silk screen in frame. If anybody is interested and pays shipping they can have the screen for free

IMG_20200213_185113 (resized).jpgIMG_20200213_185113 (resized).jpg
#1242 4 years ago

Hello fellow Stargate owners !
I recently restored my second one (had sold my first one a few years back, and quickly regretted it)

Now, I have a quick question for you guys :

When in coil test mode, coil 15 : when pressing start, does your pyramid stay up, or does it directly go back down ?
I'm trying to figure out why it doesn't go up during a game while it does react in tests...

Thanks in advance.

#1243 4 years ago

@wylcot, are you talking about the pyramid drop target? If so, that drop reset assembly likes to bind. The drop stays down until the skillshot is hit or failed. When testing, is your playfield upright? That may be enough change in gravity to prevent the binding. Play with the sound off and you should hear a buzz when it tries to reset that target.

#1244 4 years ago

cobra18t Nope. I'm talking about the pyramid itself.
It should be lifted and let the glider go forward and then move from left to right.
It just doesn't, and i can see the glider moving under it.

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

When in coil test mode, coil 15 : when pressing start, does your pyramid stay up, or does it directly go back down ?
I'm trying to figure out why it doesn't go up during a game while it does react in tests...

Mine goes right back down during test, but works fine during the game

#1246 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine goes right back down during test, but works fine during the game

Okay then !
Thanks. Problem must be somewhere else...

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Okay then !

Check pyramid switch? Game might think the pyramid is open when it's not.

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Okay then !

It looks like the pyramid actually uses a dual wound coil and EOS, like a flipper, so that it doesn't overheat? If so, maybe there's a problem with the eos, or one of the windings is bad?

#1249 4 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Quoted from zacaj:

It looks like the pyramid actually uses a dual wound coil and EOS, like a flipper, so that it doesn't overheat? If so, maybe there's a problem with the eos, or one of the windings is bad?

Thanks for these info !
I'll get into this in the afternoon.

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Quoted from zacaj:

Well I'm totatlly lost there...

In tests, the pyramid goes up, and the glider goes forward, and on the sides too. But in game, the pyramid doesn't move.
What's also pretty weird is that the glider moves on the sides, behind the pyramid, but it doesn't go forward.

I've looked at the EOS, but it looks ok. I couldn't find a way to test it though, as it's not recognized in the switch test (like the ones for the guards).
I mean, when open, the pyramid doesn't open in tests. When normal, the pyramid reacts. So i assume it is fine.

I wish someone had encountered the same issue.

I might create a thread, as it's probably not the place......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 2,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid/page/25?hl=cobra18t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.