(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,378 posts
  • 275 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_120445 (resized).jpg
20240413_120413 (resized).jpg
20240413_120404 (resized).jpg
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg
There are 2,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 48.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Based upon your measurements and my estimates from them, I would say that the inner diameter (the center hole) of the Stargate should be 40mm which will put the outer diameter at 56mm. Can you please confirm if these measurements seem suitable for the placement where pictured?

Seems about right.

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

IIRC somewhere on Pinside Vid made a post about how to use LEDS for the rings using the original power source. It was done by using a certain voltage led and resistors to cut the volts down. Been a while so might have that info wrong.

When I purchased my latest example of Stargate, the previous owner gave me a few of these homemade led ropes blue and white, it involves an led and resistor stuffed into a clear tube at intervals, I wonder if you get the voltage drop by using diodes, I'll take at look at it.

#1103 5 years ago

Sneak peak on my Stargate . . . first reports are positive, but still working out a few details, so more to come soon.

1.jpg1.jpg
#1104 5 years ago

Looking good so far. Hope suggestions are welcome? How about a darker color, more grayish.
Maybe even hammered look paint. Its like a light and dark paint mixed. It may help with an aged look.

Sgc-gate-room (resized).jpgSgc-gate-room (resized).jpggate (resized).jpggate (resized).jpg
#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Looking good so far. Hope suggestions are welcome? How about a darker color, more grayish.
Maybe even hammered look paint. Its like a light and dark paint mixed. It may help with an aged look.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Always open to suggestions, but I do have a few comments regarding your points.

1) These are 3D printed, not painted, so I am limited to the filament coloring that I have and/or is available to me. I'm currently using a very high quality silver/gray for the ring which best matches from what I have or have seen. Plain gray just looked bad, and black is too dark. I do have a non-gloss black with silver speckles in it, but it too is dominantly black, quite dark, and has no hint of gray. Also, the pic I posted was hit with a camera flash, so it is not an accurate representation of the true colors.

2) For those who want different coloring, you can always hand paint details on it or even spray paint it a different color. You may loose some of the detail in the piece with paint layers, and will take some skill to hand paint given the size of the piece and its elements.

I'm still working with my beta tester, but I'll be able to post more pics soon. In the end, these will not be one-offs, so I want to get everyone's input before I deliver the final product, so thanks for your suggestions. I'll continue to look for other filament options, but up to this point I've not seen anything that would be "better".

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
#1106 5 years ago

I am not the creator of these Stargate score cards. However, I thought I would share them. I think they are my favorite ones.
I have had real good luck printing with photo paper and metal photo paper.

stargate custom card.pdfstargate custom card.pdf
#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

So, I've been looking around for more color options. At this point, I've found this which might be a bid darker than what I am currently using (albeit it gets mixed reviews), but probably a flatter/darker gray than silver. While the Pantone color looks good, some are saying that it is actually much lighter.

https://www.amazon.com/Paramount-3D-Graphite-Filament-BGRL7043425C/dp/B01MSIJKNL/ref=sr_1_4

While I'm not adverse to changing the color, I'm not going to start buying spools of filament just to test. I need the community's input on the overall preference, and that is what I'll go with. Also, please feel free to volunteer Amazon links to other filaments that might be a good option.

#1108 5 years ago

I am only helping with a little feed back. So, take my advice with a grain of salt. A while back. I bought one of those beautiful custom 3d printed car surround mods for junk yard. From a guy here on pinside. He did a few small runs of these. They turned out great and fit better than the original car surround. Here is what he did. He made them all black. He offered two versions. Unpainted ready to be painted and had a friend of his that enjoys painting, paint some. Painted ones were more expensive, of course. There was a waiting list for the painted ones. They made the machine even more of a work of art. I am proud to have gotten one.

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I am only helping with a little feed back. So, take my advice with a grain of salt. A while back. I bought one of those beautiful custom 3d printed car surround mods for junk yard. From a guy here on pinside. He did a few small runs of these. They turned out great and fit better than the original car surround. Here is what he did. He made them all black. He offered two versions. Unpainted ready to be painted and had a friend of his that enjoys painting, paint some. Painted ones were more expensive, of course. There was a waiting list for the painted ones. They made the machine even more of a work of art. I am proud to have gotten one.

I have no desire to paint the details on these things, but the gray/silver I am using is a great base for anyone who wants to add detail themselves with paint. I've designed and sold all kinds of 3D pin mods and graphics, and know what is in my wheelhouse and what is not.

If there is someone who wants to act as a go-between and offer paint services, then I am more than happy to ship anyone's orders directly to that person and he/she can provide the service at whatever costs are agreeable between them and the end-user.

The way it is looking now, I'm finalizing my design and sending it off to my beta tester for final fit and photos. Once that is completed, then I will post the offering. These are going to be able to be utilized in many spots given my new design and will not require the removal of any wireframes to install. My plan is to also offer discounts for multiples.

Keep the input coming, and I'll keep everyone posted as I progress.

#1110 5 years ago

Well, I wanted to give everyone an update on the Stargate project. To begin with, I am very close to finalizing my offering. I just sent the third revision off to my beta tester, and hopefully everything is perfect this time. I still have to put together the pricing, but in general here is what you need to know:

- I will be offering in two flavors: Shooter Lane Stargate & Wire Frame Stargate (I've attached just a couple of pics to illustrate, but note that the Wire Frame version is not the final)
- The Shooter Lane Stargate will install via mounting tape and is designed to fit exactly into the areas where the lane changes widths
- The Wire Frame Stargate is designed with some special considerations
* It will have a narrow slit in the center bottom which will allow it to be installed nearly anywhere on any of the wire frames without have to remove, loosen, or otherwise alter or adjust the wireframe. Simply use the split to slide over all of the wires to encapsulate them within the ring.
* There are two notches perfectly aligned with the two bottom rails of the wireframe. Simply align to rails, pull up, and snap into place for a secure and perfectly oriented Stargate
* The area of the Stargate that sits below the bottom two rails is cutout to the perfect size to allow the ball to pass without any obstruction. This will allow the Stargates to be more stable and maintain their position (of course you could always put a dab of glue on the back of the Stargate touching the rail where the ball won't to make it even more secure).
* The design will allow you to install as many Stargates as you want in nearly any position you want.

Anyway, thought I would show everyone that the project is progressing, and more to come very soon (including pricing - there will be discounts for multiple Stargate orders).
IMG_1103.JPGIMG_1103.JPGimage1.JPGimage1.JPG

#1111 5 years ago

They look awesome! I really like the shooter lane Stargate, reminds me of the movie a bit more too.

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

They look awesome! I really like the shooter lane Stargate, reminds me of the movie a bit more too.

Thanks, and that was the thinking behind the shooter lane (similar to the backglass).

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I wanted to give everyone an update on the Stargate project. To begin with, I am very close to finalizing my offering. I just sent the third revision off to my beta tester, and hopefully everything is perfect this time. I still have to put together the pricing, but in general here is what you need to know:
- I will be offering in two flavors: Shooter Lane Stargate & Wire Frame Stargate (I've attached just a couple of pics to illustrate, but note that the Wire Frame version is not the final)
- The Shooter Lane Stargate will install via mounting tape and is designed to fit exactly into the areas where the lane changes widths
- The Wire Frame Stargate is designed with some special considerations
* It will have a narrow slit in the center bottom which will allow it to be installed nearly anywhere on any of the wire frames without have to remove, loosen, or otherwise alter or adjust the wireframe. Simply use the split to slide over all of the wires to encapsulate them within the ring.
* There are two notches perfectly aligned with the two bottom rails of the wireframe. Simply align to rails, pull up, and snap into place for a secure and perfectly oriented Stargate
* The area of the Stargate that sits below the bottom two rails is cutout to the perfect size to allow the ball to pass without any obstruction. This will allow the Stargates to be more stable and maintain their position (of course you could always put a dab of glue on the back of the Stargate touching the rail where the ball won't to make it even more secure).
* The design will allow you to install as many Stargates as you want in nearly any position you want.
Anyway, thought I would show everyone that the project is progressing, and more to come very soon (including pricing - there will be discounts for multiple Stargate orders).

More fine mods Mr Tantrum.

#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

More fine mods Mr Tantrum.

Thanks MP - you’re the best!

#1115 5 years ago

Very cool!

1 week later
#1118 5 years ago

Very nice!

#1120 5 years ago

Hi fellow owners. I wondered if any can help.

I discovered lately that the kicker target to the left of the pyramid did not register. I fickled with the blue-green wire and pulled it loose very easy. Bad connection i assumed.

Then i soldered it onto the same lug with the other wires, but still the switch does not register. I got unsure if the wire was supposed to be on the other lug ie the other side of the diode. I tried soldering it on there, but then the tournament switch did not work, except now the kicker target worked again but it slso triggered the tournamen switch at the same time. I see both are on same switch column so suspect that was wrong wiring.

Can anyone send me a photo of how the wires should be attached to the center kicker target switch?

Thanks

20190206_214015 (resized).jpg20190206_214015 (resized).jpg20190206_214019 (resized).jpg20190206_214019 (resized).jpg20190206_214033 (resized).jpg20190206_214033 (resized).jpg
#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hi fellow owners. I wondered if any can help.
I discovered lately that the kicker target to the left of the pyramid did not register. I fickled with the blue-green wire and pulled it loose very easy. Bad connection i assumed.
Then i soldered it onto the same lug with the other wires, but still the switch does not register. I got unsure if the wire was supposed to be on the other lug ie the other side of the diode. I tried soldering it on there, but then the tournament switch did not work, except now the kicker target worked again but it slso triggered the tournamen switch at the same time. I see both are on same switch column so suspect that was wrong wiring.
Can anyone send me a photo of how the wires should be attached to the center kicker target switch?
Thanks [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here's how it looks on mine.

96F4DAE9-E090-4973-9741-C1292D534667 (resized).jpeg96F4DAE9-E090-4973-9741-C1292D534667 (resized).jpeg
#1122 5 years ago

Thanjs! That was it, orange brown on wrong side. Thanks =)

#1123 5 years ago

Hi all, just joined the club with a pretty big project. The clearcoat is pretty shot with the broken glass look in multiple areas. A previous owner decided to try to do some major touch up work and....it did not go well to say the least. He used some pretty terribly pixelated decals without clearing under or over them. Does anyone happen to have a line on high res playfield pics/scans? In particular I need the gate in the center of the playfield as well as the white area around the drop target inserts and the upper silver and black sections.

Pics of the damage.

IMG_20190211_235731716 (resized).jpgIMG_20190211_235731716 (resized).jpgIMG_20190211_235736271 (resized).jpgIMG_20190211_235736271 (resized).jpgIMG_20190211_235747938 (resized).jpgIMG_20190211_235747938 (resized).jpgIMG_20190211_235754059 (resized).jpgIMG_20190211_235754059 (resized).jpg
#1124 5 years ago

Ooh, yeah.

Maybe try the virtual pinball sites? I believe they have files on games that you could use. I've never tried it, but remember hearing something about it.

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Ooh, yeah.
Maybe try the virtual pinball sites? I believe they have files on games that you could use. I've never tried it, but remember hearing something about it.

correct I grabbed a couple of different ones for mine there on VP. My playfield has the same issues, the previous owner tried to remove the mylar, but lifted some of the paint off. I guess there were issues with the primer on the playfields and the paint did not stick to it all that well.

frisbez, pm me an email address and I will send you what I have.

#1126 5 years ago

I wanted to say thank you to all of those who purchased my Stargates (there were quite a few of you). I would appreciate it if those of you who have them would consider posting some pics here in the thread for others to see if you have the time and desire to do so.

To everyone else, I'm not going to offer these forever, so if you think you are interested then please PM me with your order and I'll provide payment information and get them made and sent to you as quickly as possible (typically I ship with in 1 or 2 days from time of payment). My plan is to let the ad run its course through mid-March, and then that will be it for the offering (well, I can always be incentivized

#1127 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I wanted to say thank you to all of those who purchased my Stargates (there were quite a few of you). I would appreciate it if those of you who have them would consider posting some pics here in the thread for others to see if you have the time and desire to do so.

Dude, as soon as mine land in the UK you got it

#1128 5 years ago

Here's some not so great pics of my Stargates.

IMG_6682 (resized).jpgIMG_6682 (resized).jpgIMG_6692 (resized).jpgIMG_6692 (resized).jpg
#1129 5 years ago

Got my rings over here in the UK, they look great, thank you

Rind 1 (resized).jpgRind 1 (resized).jpg
Ring 2 (resized).jpgRing 2 (resized).jpg

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Got my rings over here in the UK, they look great, thank you
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks for posting the pics.

3 weeks later
#1131 5 years ago

Is anyone aware of a Stargate for sale in north Texas (Dallas - Fort Worth) or surrounding areas (e.g. Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri)?

Also, I'm still making Stargate rings for anyone interested, just PM me.

1 month later
#1132 4 years ago

Is anyone parting out a Stargate? I'm looking for the metal pyramid insert part#30730.This is the brass plated piece that sticks out under the plastic pyramid. Let me know if you have one to sell.

#1133 4 years ago

Anyone have a source for the light rope in the back box?

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Anyone have a source for the light rope in the back box?

Steve Young should have some at the pinball resource.

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Steve Young should have some at the pinball resource.

Thanks. I haven't check PB since my initial purchase of the game (and subsequent order from Steve) when they were out of stock.

1 week later
#1136 4 years ago

New member of the stargate owners club. My stargate needs a little love but should be a fun project. It is missing the smaller metal pyramid and brackets. The only one I could find the guy wanted $200, so I'm making my own. Heres some pics of the prototype mocked up. I"m pretty happy with the results. Made it out of Aluminum to keep it light. Still need to figure out the brackets and powdercoat it brass. Also going to attempt to make a new translite since no one sells those either.

pyramid1 (resized).jpegpyramid1 (resized).jpegpyramid2 (resized).jpegpyramid2 (resized).jpegpyramid3 (resized).jpegpyramid3 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1137 4 years ago

I finally made it to the club!

5D2A0B9E-C443-4213-8885-E00651F2F6B7 (resized).jpeg5D2A0B9E-C443-4213-8885-E00651F2F6B7 (resized).jpeg
#1138 4 years ago

Congrats! Cool pic!

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

Congrats! Cool pic!

Thanks!
Now I have to research 2 things. A fix for the weak flippers, and type of LED’s to fit the GI’s.
It came with LED’s already, but the ones in it now are non frosted white, and are blinding me in spots. I hear this game is hard to find ones to fit.
I want to use purple, blue, and red...not just plain ole white. It’s not terrible, but I will def need to change em out.

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Thanks!
Now I have to research 2 things. A fix for the weak flippers, and type of LED’s to fit the GI’s.
It came with LED’s already, but the ones in it now are non frosted white, and are blinding me in spots. I hear this game is hard to find ones to fit.
I want to use purple, blue, and red...not just plain ole white. It’s not terrible, but I will def need to change em out.

Cointaker LEDs fit into Stargate. Comtacs for the flipper buttons might need a cleaning. I know you didn't ask about maintenance. Vuk springs probably in bad shape. A complete sleeve job goes along way.

#1141 4 years ago

It's your game, so do what you want, but I put frosted warm white LEDs in my Stargate's GI and it looks great. Colored LEDs will drown out the artwork. If you want more pop though, putting matching colored LEDs in the inserts should look good. Putting some bright colors in place of flashers should also look good.

One thing to note though is that while any type of LED should work in the GI (As long as it fits, of course), you'll probably want non-ghosting LEDs for the inserts, otherwise they won't completely shut off when they are supposed to.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

It's your game, so do what you want, but I put frosted warm white LEDs in my Stargate's GI and it looks great. Colored LEDs will drown out the artwork. If you want more pop though, putting matching colored LEDs in the inserts should look good. Putting some bright colors in place of flashers should also look good.
One thing to note though is that while any type of LED should work in the GI (As long as it fits, of course), you'll probably want non-ghosting LEDs for the inserts, otherwise they won't completely shut off when they are supposed to.

The previous owner has some comet LED’s all white under inserts
Looks pretty good. I’ll orobably leave that for now until I can afford a complete color matching kit, but yeah for now the white do the job underneath. I just don’t wanna be blinded by the non frosted under the slings and outlanes.

5CFAF0CC-52F5-4F1D-8B7A-6C8D9C430237 (resized).jpeg5CFAF0CC-52F5-4F1D-8B7A-6C8D9C430237 (resized).jpeg
#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Cointaker LEDs fit into Stargate. Comtacs for the flipper buttons might need a cleaning. I know you didn't ask about maintenance. Vuk springs probably in bad shape. A complete sleeve job goes along way.

Nah that’s cool I appreciate the input. I’ll check it. I have read tons of posts on this game. I know one person switched the coils to orange and still have trouble. Actually the previous shop out on this one looks like they changed the left flipper to an orange coil. The flipper bats are old and look like they are cracking so that could be part of my issue. Haha. I’ll look at a rebuild, but for now I’m gonna check the sleeves as you mentioned. Also I’m kind of a moron. Are the EOS switches supposed to touch when flippers are at rest? And the 1/8 space is supposed to be when they are held down. Right?

#1144 4 years ago

Just custom painted the glider, cant wait to do the other playfield toys.

IMG_20190601_153808556 (resized).jpgIMG_20190601_153808556 (resized).jpg
#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Are the EOS switches supposed to touch when flippers are at rest? And the 1/8 space is supposed to be when they are held down. Right?

Yep, that's right!

#1146 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaymach1:

Just custom painted the glider, cant wait to do the other playfield toys.[quoted image]

Looks great!

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Yep, that's right!

Here’s a short video of the condition of the top right flipper. Only rebuilt flippers once about 6 years ago on my swords of fury. That turned out okay. Can’t remeber what all’s involved, but assuming all rebuilds are similar. Just not sure about Gottlieb. Things seem loose on this one.

#1148 4 years ago

Custom mustadge, one down one to go

IMG_20190602_222426061 (resized).jpgIMG_20190602_222426061 (resized).jpg
#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaymach1:

Custom mustadge, one down one to go[quoted image]

What do you mean one more to go?? I bet you'd get lots of orders

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

What do you mean one more to go?? I bet you'd get lots of orders

I actually really enjoy hand painting the toys, so I wouldn't be against it. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 2,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid/page/23?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.