Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,075 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by zrbrt
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 308 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED List (resized).png
Back Box (resized).jpg
Playfield (resized).jpg
Stargate Shooter Lane (resized).jpg
20181013_142224 (resized).jpg
F793C30D-B744-4CF0-81CE-1D27B8BA668E (resized).jpeg
E4B045AD-56B0-456E-B261-90741241B7B6 (resized).jpeg
5CA7690F-9C5F-4A84-9EDE-D8EA63F33091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3995 (resized).JPG
IMG_3992 (resized).JPG
515C0F9D-5E48-4BB6-ACCE-E5AE89D96F0D (resized).jpeg
84A361FC-1F80-44D1-AFE1-D26800E16325 (resized).jpeg
690FF791-46B0-4C4D-94BC-679B3DDD8CD9 (resized).jpeg
0487B199-8404-4DDD-B4E1-CD5EEC80CE91 (resized).jpeg
A4070D11-D7F0-49E2-8ADD-5A482B50ED6E (resized).jpeg
0586FBE4-2946-479D-A5EA-28C083C75CD0 (resized).jpeg

There are 1075 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 25 days ago
Quoted from zrbrt:

Anybody redone their SG with LEDs? What did you use? Looking for frosted / warm wight non-ghosting but I can't find anything slim and trim that will fit in to the System 3 skinny-style holes in the playfield.

When I did mine. I just drilled out all the GI holes with a 1/2 inch drill bit. It was a little time consuming because you have to unscrew every GI lamp socket and push it out of the way, drill and then re-screw it back. But the problem is solved for good. Never half to worry about finding the right size led again. I did all three of my Gottlieb system 3 games this way. I also added several lights here and there. I find it funny that so many people have a mental block when it comes to doing true "modifications" to there games that improve its functionality but then spend hundreds buy plastic toy "mods" that do nothing.

#1052 25 days ago
Quoted from Brunsie:

This was my first LED conversion so I'm no expert. I spent about 6 months reading up on posts containing "LED" in this forum and looking at Stargate U-Tube videos. I went with Comet Pinball LEDs for no particular reason. Their non-ghosting bulbs fit fine. Note that the two opmax bulbs I used required enlarging the existing holes in the playfield. I leaned heavily to not use colored bulbs - a matter of choice and great debate in the forums. Except for RAs eyes (gotta go red) and the green combo inserts. My LED list below. Mainly used various cool white and warm white with various lenses and LED counts. For the back box I attempted to copy from TNT Amusement:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=stargate+led+video+utube&view=detail&mid=9339CDDBF2FF54FE3A9E9339CDDBF2FF54FE3A9E&FORM=VIRE
I still want to add a blue LED rope light and play with replacing various red posts with clear posts with post lights - winter projects.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job not clown puking it out!!

#1053 24 days ago

I'm looking for a NOS translite for my Stargate. Could also use both ramps and a pyramid, mine are tarnished and they won't polish up and the left ramp has a broken weld. PM if you can help me out.

#1054 24 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

I'm looking for a NOS translite for my Stargate. Could also use both ramps and a pyramid, mine are tarnished and they won't polish up and the left ramp has a broken weld. PM if you can help me out.

I could not find replacement ramps. Both of mine were broken. Luckily my dad is a phenomenal welder and he was able to fix them no problem.

Maybe you could find someone to weld them. Someone tried repairing the left ramp before I bought it. They ended up burning a hole and caused some discoloration due to the thinness of the metal.

My dad's repairs did not cause any damage, so be careful with who does the repairs.

#1055 23 days ago
Quoted from campbellut:

I could not find replacement ramps. Both of mine were broken. Luckily my dad is a phenomenal welder and he was able to fix them no problem.
Maybe you could find someone to weld them. Someone tried repairing the left ramp before I bought it. They ended up burning a hole and caused some discoloration due to the thinness of the metal.
My dad's repairs did not cause any damage, so be careful with who does the repairs.

I can weld my ramp but the finish on my ramps and pyramid are not good and there is some surface rust on the ramps, and I tried polishing already. I think the original finish is a yellow zinc plating and not brass. I may have to weld my ramps and then see if I can find a local zinc plater and have them recoated. I checked with Hotrod Plating and to have the the two ramps and the pyramid brass plated was going to be around $400, which is more than I am wanting to spend. My other option is to have them powder coated.

#1056 23 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

My other option is to have them powder coated.

That would look nice. Would you powder coat the habitrails as well, just to make everything match?

My ramps could use some TLC after the botched weld atemps by whoever attempted the repairs. the discoloring is horrible, but not too noticeable from the player’s prospective. I haven’t put the stickers back on the left ramp yet in case I decide to coat them.

Please post a picture if you powder coat yours.

#1058 22 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have a TIG welder?

Fixed mine with a MIG. Came out perfect. No discoloration.

#1059 22 days ago

Looking for bottom part of pyramid. Anyplace I can get one?

If not, anyone have dimensions? Maybe I could get one 3d printed.

#1060 22 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Fixed mine with a MIG. Came out perfect. No discoloration.

You know what your doing with that thing.

#1061 21 days ago
Quoted from Brunsie:

This was my first LED conversion so I'm no expert. I spent about 6 months reading up on posts containing "LED" in this forum and looking at Stargate U-Tube videos. I went with Comet Pinball LEDs for no particular reason. Their non-ghosting bulbs fit fine. Note that the two opmax bulbs I used required enlarging the existing holes in the playfield. I leaned heavily to not use colored bulbs - a matter of choice and great debate in the forums. Except for RAs eyes (gotta go red) and the green combo inserts. My LED list below. Mainly used various cool white and warm white with various lenses and LED counts. For the back box I attempted to copy from TNT Amusement:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=stargate+led+video+utube&view=detail&mid=9339CDDBF2FF54FE3A9E9339CDDBF2FF54FE3A9E&FORM=VIRE
I still want to add a blue LED rope light and play with replacing various red posts with clear posts with post lights - winter projects.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have inspired me to go warm white in mine. Great job, man.

#1062 20 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have a TIG welder?

No I don't have a tig, but I have a mig. I plan to tack it on the back side so it shouldn't be visible. I also plan to have the ramps replated or powder coated anyway so if it discolors it's no big deal.

#1063 19 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

If you find a new pyramid, I'd buy your old one. I need a bottom part.

#1064 15 days ago

I probably have a pyramid. I brought a populated playfield years ago, I will have a look and pm you.

#1065 15 days ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I probably have a pyramid. I brought a populated playfield years ago, I will have a look and pm you.

Awesome!

#1066 13 days ago

BREEAKING NEWS!!!!!
From Mirco, quoted from another thread...

"I will run plastic sets shortly. We have just cleared the licence and all stargate art pieces like playfields, plastics, back glass and cab art will be done shortly.

Regards,
Mirco"

#1067 13 days ago
Quoted from ZEN:

BREEAKING NEWS!!!!!
From Mirco, quoted from another thread...
"I will run plastic sets shortly. We have just cleared the licence and all stargate art pieces like playfields, plastics, back glass and cab art will be done shortly.
Regards,
Mirco"

Just saw that. Great time to be a Stargate owner!

1 week later
#1068 6 days ago

First pinball owner and Stargate is it. While I love the game, a couple of issues just popped up. First, a wire came off of a switch that is keeping me out of tournament mode. I found it thanks to guys on this forum but I need to solder it back. Any tips for this? Should I remove the switch or solder in place?

Second, the left pivot target (Horus) just stopped working last night. No obvious loose wires. Any ideas? Not sure how to diagnose. Thanks in advance for any help!

#1069 6 days ago

Congratulations, Stargate is a fantastic game. Typically solder in place. Fix the first issue and see if it fixes your second. Where are you located as maybe someone can lend a hand.

#1070 6 days ago

About 25 miles west of Milwaukee

#1071 6 days ago

Far from me. Use a good iron, I like the flat tips opposed to cone ones. Put solder in the iron tip first to help with soldering and you can tin the wire first with some. It’s easy after you’ve done a few, practice before on some wires if you want.

#1072 5 days ago

Thank you Bobcade

#1073 4 days ago

Found my issue with the left pivot target. It was a fuse that was hard tell visibly that it was bad but found it with my ohm meter. All is working as it should except for a few lights which I will address next. Thanks for the help.

#1074 4 days ago
Quoted from Bcarr:

Found my issue with the left pivot target. It was a fuse that was hard tell visibly that it was bad but found it with my ohm meter. All is working as it should except for a few lights which I will address next. Thanks for the help.

If the fuse for the left guard blew, it might be a good idea to check the end-of-stroke to make sure it's opening when the solenoid is fully extended. If it's not, the solenoid will remain at full power and could blow a fuse if it's activated for too long and overheats.

#1075 3 hours ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

When I did mine. I just drilled out all the GI holes with a 1/2 inch drill bit. It was a little time consuming because you have to unscrew every GI lamp socket and push it out of the way, drill and then re-screw it back. But the problem is solved for good. Never half to worry about finding the right size led again. I did all three of my Gottlieb system 3 games this way. I also added several lights here and there. I find it funny that so many people have a mental block when it comes to doing true "modifications" to there games that improve its functionality but then spend hundreds buy plastic toy "mods" that do nothing.

Wow! You sure went for it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Machine - For Sale
Glenview, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Macomb, MI
$ 42.00
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 126.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.50
€ 3.70
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 1075 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside