Stargate or X-Files

By IceMaster

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I’m trading one of my games for one of these two. They are the same price, working, and LEDd. I’ve played Stargate before but not a great example. I know X-Files doesn’t have a great rating but from what I’ve heard it could be a hidden gem. I’m not a huge fan of either show so that’s not a factor. Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

Stargate is one of my favorites pins. So great. The code is SUPER deep. I've always thought of stargate as a hidden gem.

#3 6 years ago

I played both I love the X-Flies show and the pinball is hard to find . Stargate is on my whish list . It is a toss up . I would go with (Stargate) I suppose .

#4 6 years ago

Would be easy for me, Stargate.

#5 6 years ago

I vote x files.

#6 6 years ago

Stargate!!

#7 6 years ago

I miss my X-files dearly, but have never played Stargate.

#8 6 years ago

I love my X-Files, and hear Stargate is great too, but I haven't had enough time on that one.

What are you trading? We want to judge that side of the trade too...

#9 6 years ago

There is no comparison.. SG is amazing. XF is one of my least favorite, so for me Stargate..

#10 6 years ago

I’m trading my Black Rose. Great game but I only have space for 4 games so I want them to have more depth. Plus, have had it 3 times longer than my other games.

#12 6 years ago

Stargate for sure. I've only ever played X-Files on Visual Pinball, and while I do enjoy it (Love the music and the challenging playfield design), the rules really are incredibly shallow and I get bored of it pretty quickly. Stargate on the other hand offers lots of Strategy and overall has more going on, and I think the fact that it's been my only pin for almost two years now and I'm still not bored of it says something.

One warning about Stargate is that it barely has any flow (It can get pretty fast though, with all the kicker targets and guards that can block off the VUK shots). Even the five-way combo involves shooting three VUKs. If you're looking for a game with good flow, I might go for X-Files instead.

#13 6 years ago

Shoot the pyramid, Stargate ftw!

#14 6 years ago

I played X-files at Expo many times it's very fun.... love the series and the theme.

But I own SG and it's a VERY fun game, lots to do and many ways to do it. Fun for walkups that just want to play and impossibly hard to hit everything without some serious skill.

The Sandstorm lightshow is amazing.

Quoted from mystman12:

One warning about Stargate is that it barely has any flow

There's flow, it's just really hard. Try to get a full combo loop.

And it needs to be said the "Shoot the pyramid" will haunt your dreams... and nightmares.. and waking moments... and periods of calm... just saying.
faz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-or-x-files and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.