(Topic ID: 63732)

Stargate Help Please! Will not power up!

By pinballwiz

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rancegt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Recently bought a Stargate project. When I got it, it was missing A1 Control board and the DMD. I was told by the operator that they removed the DMD and used it on another pin but bought the machine without the control board.

I ordered a new DMD and A1 control board from pinball resource. Installed the both and checked all fuses to ensure they were not blown. Noticed that the plug going to the Games Control Board A26 was unplugged so I plugged it back up.

I plugged up the machine and turned on the power switch and left the front door open. Nothing happened. I pressed the interlock switch at the front door and the GI came on and a loud constant hum from the speakers. I quickly looked at the DMD and nothing. Looked at the boards and A1 controller board and A8 Display control board's LED came on and was constant (not blinking). A6 Sound board LED did not come on. After about 7-10 seconds I released the interlock switch and everything powered down.

I started looking for any obvious problems and noticed the left flipper capacitor is broken at one of the leads. Cannot be repaired. I'll have to replace.

Would this cause the issue? If not any suggestions on where to look next? Also is there boards I can unplug and re-apply power to try and locate the problem?

Thanks for any help!!!

#2 10 years ago

Did you get the ROM for the CPU board? There's also a jumper mentioned in the manual depending on which ROM you have.

The flipper problem wouldn't stop the CPU from starting.

#3 10 years ago

There's some good info here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargatesystem-3-owners-help-please

I'll try to be a little more helpful later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-help-please-will-not-power-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.