Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bbismuth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

The glider on my Stargate goes left and right but does not come out of the pyramid. The pyramid door doesn't open either, but it does go up during ball search.

I've check to see if all the wires are connected in the top motor and if the board looks crispy. Everything look correct.

What could it be other than the motor is bad? How would I know if the motor is bad?

Thanks in advance

#4 8 years ago

The scissor pieces are intact. Could it be the switch? I've ordered a new one. The problem is in waiting on a chip to make the DMD work so I can do tests. Thanks for the info though.

2 weeks later
#6 8 years ago

Alright, I have my DMD and have figured that both microswitches are working. However, the leaf switch that is attached to the coil that raises the pyramid isn't registering on switch edges check. Should it?

I'm still getting the glider moving left and right during glidercraft mode and not coming out. The pyramid doesn't raise either. Could someone check to see if the switch for the pyramid coil shows up in switch edge check? It doesn't show that it's open or has an issue in autocheck.

#7 8 years ago

I should also add that both motors work in diagnostics.

1 week later
#8 8 years ago

Ok. Got a new leaf switch and the glider still won't come out. Also, the leaf switch still doesn't show up in diagnostics. Is it supposed to? I'm out of ideas for now. Any help would be crazy appreciated.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Almost this exact same thing happened to mine. It ended up being a connector in the backbox.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid/page/10

Interesting. Thanks for the lead.

#12 8 years ago

So the connector didn't have any obvious wire issues like yours did. I reseated it a few times. No go. I guess I'll track the switch down and test continuity. I really wish I knew I'd the switch showed up on diagnostics. The only reason I ask is that the switch in question has the clear plastic triangle like the EOS switches and they don't show on switch edge test. If I get the glider figured out this machine will be 100%, at least for now.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you wiggle the wires during the game play when the glider should be extended?

I'll try again, but that was my first line of attack. I have since resoldered or replaced all three switches. I just tracked the pyramid switch to a sensor board that I haven't fiddled with yet. I'm wondering if the issue could lie there.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

Just saw this thread or I would have responded sooner. I had exact same problems (moved back/forth in game play, but didn't come out; worked a step at a time in test mode; pyramid only pop up in ball search, ...). Fixed the problem, but not 100% how. FYI, I'm very novice in pinball repair Stargate is 1st and only machine so far.
PinballManiac40 was helping me with it and I ended up swapping out his new controller board (bottom left in backbox) for mine. Boom problem fixed! I played with for a few days and decided I needed to swap the controller boards back so I could return his and buy a replacement for me. BUT when I put my old board back in, it continued to work correctly! Yea!
So the problem was something in the controller board connectors, wires or backbox. At the time it went from not working to working, I only messed with the controller board in the backbox. I had messed with the playfield and under playfield earlier without success.

Interesting. I'll try reseating the driver board connectors. It's really driving me crazy. Everything works in diagnostics. Except for the pyramid leaf switch, but that's an EOS and the others don't show in diagnostics. I'm so frustrated right now. :/

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I feel your pain! Check out that link I left you. When I put my Stargate all back together it had a ton of problems. Slowly but surely with pinsiders help I tackled them all, so will you Reach out to viperrwk, he is an absolute wizard when it comes to Stargate!

Thanks for the sympathy. I've already scoured your link. No loose connector wires unfortunately. I'll see if viperrwk has any ideas.

#19 8 years ago

Solved!!!!

Viperrwk pointed out that the glider won't come out if the left right switch doesn't activate. Sure enough, when I tested the glider to go all the way to the right, the switch wasn't engaging. I needed to bend the arm of the switch really far to get it to engage. It Works now!!! I'm just wondering if my left-right motor has limited motion. Should the switch have to be bent so far?

#20 8 years ago

After watching videos, the glider doesn't have full range of motion. Bad motor? I wonder if it can be adjusted.

#22 8 years ago

I fixed the left-right range of motion. There is an Allen screw that allows the glider motor to move up and down on the shaft. It needed to come up. Works perfectly now. I am beyond happy! Such a load off my shoulders.

Now I need to tackle this Solar Ride.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bbismuth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-glider-not-working?tu=Bbismuth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.