4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A17A127-FCA3-4309-A765-00A0B265A085 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hey guys. I recently switched out some comet LED’s with CoinTaker frosted LED’s in my Stargate. I noticed whoever owned it before didn’t have the bayonet pushed in all the way at 1A15J1 once I was replacing it. That would explain why it didn’t work until I tapped it from above the playfiled most of the time. Just a light tap and it would stay on until it vibrated loose I guess.
Anyway, since I was installing CT’s I figured I’d go ahead and remedy the loose bulb problem by twisting my CT bulb all the way in and twisting it like it should be.
Once I powered up, it blew F9 fuse.
I went and bought some more 7amp 250v fuses(1/2 amp less than it calls for not sure if that matters) at a hardware store that seem to work fine, until again I try and plug an LED into that socket. Is there a known problem with that lamp socket? Should I not be changingimg bulbs with power on, because I did that with my Dirty Harry machine with no problem whatsoever. Maybe Gottlieb don’t like that?
Update..literally one minute after posting... I also found that installing a bulb in the socket just below does the same thing. Pow! Blown fuse again. Annnnnd I gotta go get some more now so as it is now I don’t have a bulb in either socket...where as before, the comets that were in didn’t blow the fuse, just one of them want plugged in all the way.
Is it possible I have 2 bad LED’s from CoinTaker? I tried a super the first time it happened and then I tried a standard GI frosted. Both 6.3V and basically the same bulb with a cap on it.
9A17A127-FCA3-4309-A765-00A0B265A085 (resized).jpeg9A17A127-FCA3-4309-A765-00A0B265A085 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

If a regular incandescent bulb also blows a fuse, then the lamp socket has some type of short.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If a regular incandescent bulb also blows a fuse, then the lamp socket has some type of short.

I’ll try. It came with LED’s in it. Was working fine with the comets.(except that one bulb wasn’t pressed down all the way and twisted in)
I just wanted to replace with frosted that I knew without a doubt would fit, and the cointakers I tested fit easily so I went with those.
I’ll have to get an incandescent bulb from my Dirty Harry and try.

#4 4 years ago

Not sure what I did, but all seems to be working again for now.
I did go buy some 7 1/2 amp fuses as the game calls for and I plugged LED’s in while game was off instead of switching them while powered on. Turned it on and it’s fine now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-gi-fuse-f9-blowing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.