6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Edenecho
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello!
I have a problem with the 2-bank drop targets on my Stargate, and even after cleaning it I cannot understand what causes this. Maybe someone can chime in?

When in game, the upper drop target bank wont reset. When I go into test mode, and try to fire the reset solenoid manually,the first time the plunger link seems to get stuck or something, and when I fire it again it works. After some tries it seems to work every time. But as soon as I start the game it wont reset again. I have made a short video here:

I have cleaned the targets, and also cleaned the plunger link and inside of the coil sleeve.

Thanks!
Morten

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

It's look more like a mechinical problem than electrical..Did you take out that coil and inspect the coil sleeve the plunger looks like its getting hung up?Also,The spring on that coil seems weak/worn out

I am ordering new coil stop, plunger, spring etc and will see if that helps with the issue

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Reset the targets manually, several times slowly so you can feel if there is any resistance. Do they reset and drop smooth? If not then it's possible that the bracket needs adjusted (bent). I had to do that with mine when I first got it...although my problem was that the targets wouldn't drop all the way on the first hit. I guess they can bend slightly out of alignment over the years of use.
If that operates smoothly manually then you can focus on the coil side...I'd start by checking for a bent bracket (the ones that holds the coil in place, and straight) or mushroomed plunger. If it isn't electrical then something is encountering resistance on either the target side or the coil side.

Yeah it seems like something mechanical. Thanks for the tips!

1 year later
#7 4 years ago

No worries. But I sold the game in January, and I dont think I fully solved it, but I cleaned all the parts and just gave a fuck about it afterwards, and noone else mentioned anything in tournaments so... yeah

Dont have any more helpful answer, unfortunately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-drop-target-bank-reset-issue?tu=Edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.