3%
  • All of the above, shut up about the pyramid forever! 16 votes
    55%

(29 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_1811 (resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

After seeing the near universal hate for the "Shoot the pyramid!" callout in Stargate, I decided to make a custom sound ROM you can burn and use in your game. Vote in the poll and give me an idea of what pyramid callouts you want removed.

#2 8 years ago

You have done this already?
but on the latest CPU rom if you start a game with the right flipper button pressed, doesn't that suppress the callouts?

#3 8 years ago

Can't you hold the flipper button before plunging the first ball to reduce it?

Any word on Pinsound.org getting support for Stargate? I recently played and heard pinsound TZ, GnR, and T2 which were all awesome.

#4 8 years ago

Holding the flipper button only reduces it, he wants to eliminate.

#5 8 years ago

Well if you do manage to remove the call out completely, I would love to have a copy of that sound room. Thanks

#6 8 years ago

I would rather have the movie soundtrack in the game if I had to pick The callouts are annoying at times, but I get used to it. The movie has such great music, I wish it were in the pin.

#7 8 years ago

Bump. Poll is pretty close so far, let's get some more votes!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I would rather have the movie soundtrack in the game if I had to pick The callouts are annoying at times, but I get used to it. The movie has such great music, I wish it were in the pin.

I agree with Gov, however, it would be nice to eliminate the extent of the callouts beyond what one gets when they hold the right flipper down. I've had friends of mine play Stargate and they mention that it's pushy or demanding.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

+1
I really wish someone could add the film score to the pin!

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Holding the flipper button only reduces it, he wants to eliminate.

Correct. Blanking said callout(s) will completely remove the voice recording from the game and you will never hear it during play.

#11 8 years ago

Currently remove all quotes is 2. Looks like I'll remove them all unless we get more votes!

#12 8 years ago

Can you make other adjustments/ insertions? or is removal the only option.

I think the "shoot the pyramid" is almost key to the game identity so shoudl not be entirely removed, just reduced

#13 8 years ago

It appears to be all VOX ADPCM, so to do replacements you will need a similar encoder. I don't know of one, there may be a Winamp plugin or something but usually those are for playback. If people don't want them removed completely just use the flipper button trick.

#14 8 years ago

I'd be happy if the flipper button trick were just turned around, that is, hold the button if you want MORE callouts (i.e. the normal amount).

I never remember to press it...

#15 8 years ago

I actually already made a custom sound ROM with "Shoot the pyramid!" removed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid/page/9#post-2256297

I don't miss that callout barking at me at all.... I left the other miscellaneous pyramid related callouts in ("in the pyramid, in the pyramid", "get in the pyramid", and "up the middle"), so it gives enough direction without being obnoxious.

#16 8 years ago

Nice! The people have spoken and mine will remove all pyramid callouts completely. I'm kind of surprised by the results myself.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Nice! The people have spoken and mine will remove all pyramid callouts completely. I'm kind of surprised by the results myself.

guessing those votes are very squewed by SG haters that are just regurgitating what they have heard from others but have not really put much time on the game?

Most SG lovers dont dispise the callout enough to want it completely removed from what i have seen.

#18 8 years ago

Probably, but players will have 2 choices at least: Matt Osborn's ROM that removes "shoot the pyramid" and mine that removes everything.

#19 8 years ago

I can't wait for option #3 Pinsound board.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Most SG lovers dont dispise the callout enough to want it completely removed from what i have seen.

Yeah, if it was that bad I'd remember to hold the button!

And a mod to flip the held/not held decision would probably be simply one op code!

Don't want anything removed completely.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

+1
I really wish someone could add the film score to the pin!

So, is it possible to add the film score or is it going to require a Pinsound board (and wait for it to be compatible)?

#22 8 years ago

I love that hobbyists are around to do these sorts of things. Even without owning the game, thank you for doing this.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

So, is it possible to add the film score or is it going to require a Pinsound board (and wait for it to be compatible)?

It would require more time than it's worth, unless you're just die-hard into sequenced music. It would be best to use PinSound or another open source alternative.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It would require more time than it's worth, unless you're just die-hard into sequenced music. It would be best to use PinSound or another open source alternative.

Ok. The poor sound in Stargate has kept me from buying one. I really enjoyed the movie and all 3 tv series. If Pinsound eventually supports it, I'll be in the market for one.

5 years later
#25 2 years ago

Hi Crash, Five years later & now I have a Stargate, Did the Anti-call out ROM happen? I'd buy one if available.

DSC_1811 (resized).JPGDSC_1811 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marinette, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.