Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170116_201457 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_e0htu6 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_20170326_140228 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170324_163245 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Post on my website of the RGB Reactive LED ring Mod as seen at Texas Pinball Festival 2017!

100% Open Source Mod
*Can be done by anyone who can use a soldering iron and multimeter*IMG_20170324_163245 (resized).jpgIMG_20170324_163245 (resized).jpg

https://www.stacydevino.com/2017/04/stargate-pinball-reactive-led-ring-modhack/

And General Restoration with some mods and new 3D modeled and printed parts:
https://www.stacydevino.com/2017/04/fixing-and-restoring-a-stargate-pinball-machine-with-3d-printed-parts/

Video of it in action at TPF:

Video of Standby Mode (from setup at TPF)

and quart

Simple Mods in the bottom, but also Notice that the TPF pictures have all new Decals as well on all of the targets (even the Horus and Quartz)

IMG_20170326_140228 (resized).jpgIMG_20170326_140228 (resized).jpg
IMG_e0htu6 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_e0htu6 (1) (resized).jpg

IMG_20170116_201457 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20170116_201457 (1) (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I played that machine at TPF and it was awesome. I was trying to figure out how it was done, good to see it documented!

#3 7 years ago

Off topic, but what kind of machine can be seen on the left? Did you do that yourself, and is there a topic about it?

#4 7 years ago

Very awesome! What the hell is on the left? (Yeah ^^^^^ Might be somebody else's though)

#5 7 years ago

If there is enough interest in this, I can make a PCB design version of this that is just an Arduino shield and then have the LED ring Made to Order.

On the left is a custom redo of Student Prince EM into a full custom woodwork and marketry game called Polynesia. Paul has an account here and has been working on it a few years, but has yet to make the new playfield and go through and bulletproof the mechanisms (so it is not yet very functional). It is the work of a master framer who is a member of our group.

Again, I (Stacy) and my husband Stev-o (we are both on this account) are members of the VECTOR group here out of the Dallas Makerspace. Once my husband and I finish more of the coding on the full custom Wylie 1-Flip game we will post it here as well. Its a mini-pin 1-flipper + pop layout with some cool cloud integrations. If going to the Intel Google I/O party, you may see it there. Yeah and totally need to post the code and method for digital score tracking of EM games too... showed that last year but I don't think many people noticed the tiny screen on Yukon at TPF 2016.Can't wait to show ya'll Creature next year and all the Mods there!

#6 7 years ago

Well at least someone finally found a way to make that game look like less of a turd. LOL. We only owned our SG for maybe 4 or 5 months. Gameplay and the "gottlieb system 3 feel" just didn't go over well.

I think I'm getting really really close to wanting to cobble together the money for a Makerspace membership. I might actually have legitimate *need* of it within the next year, and would be awesome to talk to people with more experience with coding.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Off topic, but what kind of machine can be seen on the left? Did you do that yourself, and is there a topic about it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tiki-themed-wooden-pop-bumper-caps

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Well at least someone finally found a way to make that game look like less of a turd. LOL. We only owned our SG for maybe 4 or 5 months. Gameplay and the "gottlieb system 3 feel" just didn't go over well.
I think I'm getting really really close to wanting to cobble together the money for a Makerspace membership. I might actually have legitimate *need* of it within the next year, and would be awesome to talk to people with more experience with coding.

It plays like a DOG until you rebuild the Flippers and polish everything to a gleam. The game totally is fantastic and FAST once this is done, but almost no one does this since its a heavy and complicated game. Often, things are broken on it and never get fixed.. However, I have a Haunted House, sooo this is easy stuff Once set though, its rock solid. Actually got everything working so good that the ball can pop up in weird places. It's a bit TOO slick now which will fade with another hundred or so plays. Personally, like it much better than Whitewater or Whirlwind and then most of what is in the 30-100 in the rankings.

Totally understand if you buy something to just play.. . likely won't find one in this shape and this much done to it.

You really should join us at DMS if nothing but to learn some skills and camaraderie.

#9 7 years ago

Nice , I did the whole PLAYFIELD and animated the bumpers on mine

#10 7 years ago

You guys are like, super cool. Can you buy the house on my block so we can be best friends?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from jasong78:

Nice , I did the whole PLAYFIELD and animated the bumpers on mine
» YouTube video

NIOCE!

I seriously thought about adding some simple servo's to the disks on the pops, but ultimately couldn't decide how I wanted them to react to the game. Going full RGB on the playfield I looked at and tested WS2812 LED strips in various locations but it ended up being very distracting for me and did not help me with separating out the various parts of the playfield.

I am working on some 44/47 and snap-in fully programmable LEDs that will be for retail sale but it will be a few months before some of that comes out. Look for those on Creature next

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You guys are like, super cool. Can you buy the house on my block so we can be best friends?

I used to be not that far in Skokie and Algonquin, even went to college at NU . Thanks for the compliment!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from t3amaw3s0m3:

The game totally is fantastic and FAST once this is done, but almost no one does this since its a heavy and complicated game.

I did. I dropped a washer or something behind the pyramid in the process and had to strip the entire game to get to it. It was fast and ours played great, but Jennifer just doesn't like multiball and like EVERY MODE is multiball in that game. It took me a good concerted effort to get the wizard mode, it's NOT all that easy on a fast game. It is the best of the system 3's in my opinion, but unfortunately....Gottlieb's best wasn't enough to survive. I'd probably have kept it if it had been SG-1 instead of the Stargate movie though! Someone wanna do a re-theme?

Ask Brian Davis how much I love Haunted House.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-can-be-pretty-too-reactive-rgb-led-ring-mod-and-resto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.