• 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Law
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cenobyte.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Stargate for some time now and I think it's a very nice game. Usually during a good game I end up getting around 400.000.000 or 500.000.000 points. Needless to say that my game is set to "Very Hard".

Last week I had a problem with my left guard not going up when I hit it. I fixed it (spring was attached the wrong way, which shot the fuse). Fixing it, I ended up lost in the labyrinth of the Gottlieb Game Settings and I thought it might be fun to lower the settings from "Very Hard" to "Hard".

After doing that I played my first game. During game play I heard the knocker and the DMD showed "BILLIONS". Right after that, my score went from somewhere in the 60 million to 5 billion! Not sure if this was a glitch, I tried another game with the same outcome: a GC of over 6 billion points...

Does anybody know what causes this very strange score behavior? Did I enable some creepy feature that multiplies your score by 100? This really messed up my score table

#3 11 years ago

Hmm. Very strange...

Yesterday I cleared the high score table because it was totally messed up with scores over 5 billion and I reset the game settings to 'factory'. I played around 5 games and everything seems to be back to normal.

Btw: that sound I heard WAS the knocker

2 months later
#5 11 years ago

Damn, changing batteries is a bitch in this machine, isn't it? I found myself a replacement battery, but that was before I realised the battery was soldered to the CPU board...

2 months later
#28 10 years ago

I reset my machine back to factory settings a couple of months ago and did not get that weird 6 billion score again. Must be some kind of setting I messed up?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Decorations
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cenobyte.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-billions?tu=Cenobyte and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.