Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230201-172706_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230201-172653_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230201-172646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230201-172659_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Im working on a Mates Pinball Machine and would like to get hold of a copy of the Gottlieb Stargate Manual.
I need to look up and order various parts. Trough Switch Flipper Bats etc.

#2 1 year ago

PBResource.com has manuals and parts catalogs.

Although, I just noticed that you're in Australia, so shipping may be somewhat expensive.

#3 1 year ago

Hope these help

Screenshot_20230201-172646_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201-172646_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201-172653_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201-172653_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201-172659_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201-172659_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201-172706_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201-172706_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

Haven't checked but no manuals on ipdb.org ?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Haven't checked but no manuals on ipdb.org ?

The Pinball Resource has made heroic contributions to keeping older Gottlieb pinball parts available.

One of the things that they bought was the rights to the manuals, and naturally they want to be able to make a small return on their investment by selling manuals.

Out of respect, IPDB doesn't provide electronic copies of Gottlieb pinballs manuals.

I'm good with that.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

Im working on a Mates Pinball Machine and would like to get hold of a copy of the Gottlieb Stargate Manual.
I need to look up and order various parts. Trough Switch Flipper Bats etc.

Actually, you're most likely going to buy from PBR anyway. Call (yes on the phone), most likely Steve will answer and get you EXACTLY what you need without any part numbers. He's an incredible resource.. and he'll know if you're trying to do something that you really should not (like putting a super strong coil instead of the standard one... he knows it will break the game or cause air balls...or maybe say, you're right).

faz

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

Out of respect, IPDB doesn't provide electronic copies of Gottlieb pinballs manuals.

It's copyright law.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's copyright law.

Thanks all for the Reply's. Got it now.

When you can no longer buy the OEM Parts. Copyright Laws go in a very very subjective state.

Gottlieb is a whole new world for me. I know the Williams Bally Machines very well
and they also aggressive in their Copyrights, and yet the Documentation is widely available

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

When you can no longer buy the OEM Parts. Copyright Laws go in a very very subjective state.

I think you may have misunderstood. The manuals and parts catalogs are copyrighted, and Gottlieb enforces those copyrights, so they do not make those materials available for free. That's why documentation is not posted on IPDB or Pinwiki, unlike with other game manufacturers. Thus, you will need to purchase them from someone (ie, PBResource). Other manufacturers allow free distribution of documentation without issue, or just don't care enough to enforce much of anything in that area.

As for reproduction parts, the patents have all expired, so there's no issue there. So, pretty much anyone can make and supply a mechanical part, as long as it does not have artwork or is not artistic in nature (such as a sculpt of a character, like the genie on TOTAN).

Trademarks for names/logos/titles, and copyrights for artwork are still very much still in effect and actively enforced for Gottlieb, Bally/Williams, Stern, JJP, and a few others.

Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

I know the Williams Bally Machines very well

Gottlieb games aren't that much different. Similar mechs, different designs, different part numbers. If you've worked on games from other manufactures, it shouldn't take you long to pick up on Gottlieb's stuff.

#10 1 year ago

I found Stargate easier to work on than my Williams games, there is just alot in it. The Stargate owners club has been an awesome resource as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.