projector-sleep-bb-star-light-hypnotic-star.jpg
Laser.jpg
th-2.jpeg
IMG_6225.JPG
laser mod.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3130.JPG
images.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 10 years ago

I think it is awesome. I think the hype on this game was overflowing and no matter what the projector looks like- people will have something else in mind. I cannot wait for mine to arrive and think it will be a fantastic playing title which is most important. All of the flashy lights are just extra gravy. STLE appears to be the best Stern ever made

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I knew it would be underwhelming

It is difficult to appreciate something if your mind was already made up. What did you think it would do?

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's like saying you're gonna disconnect the ramp lights on TRON LE

That's funny I wonder if you go back into old threads when Tron LE was released and if people were complaining about lighted ramps? Now look at where Tron LE is. Time will tell

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I just read this thread and it reminds me of a conversation a few years ago about the TRON LE. At first, most were unimpressed. Later, the game was recognized as one of the finest machines Stern has ever made. I honestly think that STLE has the potential to bring even more to the table than TRON did. Only time will tell, but the speech update, starfield projector, lighted ramps, lighted backbox (sides), color changing inserts, laser lights inside and outside the cabinet, etc... seems to bring as much or more to the table than TRON did. Let's get some games and then pass final judgement.

Well put-Thanks Jim

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

Looks cool to me, I've never seen this in a pinball before, new idea and probably much better when seen in person but of course it's ripped apart by the pin geeks before anyone has played it. Starting to dislike Pinside...............SHAME

It is unfortunate that people express opinions without playing a game or based only off of pictures and videos. It seems to be the norm lately on pinside. In a weird way it is good because it does not overhype a game and make it jump drastically in pricing and availability. The fact that the LE's can still be had is good for people who really like Star Trek and really enjoy the game and want one. I keep thinking it just came out and if they were to display the LE at a Star Trek convention, the trekies may just buy them all up?

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Is this what you meant?

Funny how you take out of context Ron but the haters are still mad

Ron.jpgRon.jpg
#274 10 years ago

I hear you Steve it is all good. I just think some people are quick to come to conclusions based on minimal engagement. I personally do not wright off or discount a title until I have had the opportunity to really play it and then make a call. I have been surprised by many titles that at first I discounted due to theme,etc. then fell in love with. Once the gameplay feedback comes back and people actually put some time on one, it will either be an instant classic or just another average Stern. I do believe OP's will really like the LE for attraction purposes, it may put WOZ to the test in terms of generated revenue?

#302 10 years ago

cookies.jpgcookies.jpg
#354 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I dunno - I see in WOZ when you hit the witch the inserts radiate outward red and yellow sweep from that exact location... like a huge fireball. I thought that was a reasonably cool use of the technology.

With STLE I only see the expected fades, sweeps and color changes...

Yes WOZ is radiant and colorful and ST LE is the brightest and most colorful Stern to date. Only one difference-one has flow and plays well. I think people are already starting to jump ship on WOZ and will go with ST. Just my opinion-Peace

WOZ exit.jpgWOZ exit.jpg
#357 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Can't they both be good games? Why this constant Ford vs. Chevy scenario? If we like one, it doesn't have to mean the other sucks as your "WOZ exit" graphic tries to show. We are fortunate that there are so many interesting choices out there for us.

They are both fantastic titles. This is a forum and people express opinions on what they think whether good or bad. Both are very expensive and some cannot afford both- just the facts. It is not the Ford v.s. Chevy mentality it is enthusiastic pinball players expressing their personal opinions. It is just like all of the v.s. threads lately. ST v.s. Spiderman, Metallica v.s. AC/DC, etc. etc,....Its all good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starfield-projector-stle?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.