projector-sleep-bb-star-light-hypnotic-star.jpg
Laser.jpg
th-2.jpeg
IMG_6225.JPG
laser mod.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3130.JPG
images.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#290 10 years ago

It doesn't look that bad, but I did LOL at Fats' video. That's what most of us said it would be all along...a cheap laser pointer thing. I don't really get the implementation but hopefully it's used well in gameplay.

The rules are what would concern me more than this laser. I do enjoy the flow of the game and the shots, but the ruleset is a little stale.

Modes seem to be: Shots light up, hit shots, lights go out. Move on to next mode. Get near the end and maybe time out the last two modes to get to the K---- multiball and then knock out the lit shots again.

I do like the three in a row, and option of going three deep, in order to stack with Super Ramps. Hopefully they add more clever rules like this to the game, because although it's a nice shooting playfield, the rules don't show enough variety or inventiveness to keep it interesting in a home environment, or justified by the price of the LE. If they can add some more to the ruleset, or vary the modes a bit, then I might be a premium buyer.... because I do love the theme. And the shots, while nothing inventive, do flow very nicely.

#370 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

STLE was definitely a hit at SPF today in Orlando. Two WoZ Pros in the same room did not draw the same attention.

Well that's obvious, as WOZ has been shown at dozens of shows over the past year, and this is the first unveiling of a ST LE. LOL Not exactly a fair comparison.

Either way, wish I was there to see it. Still feeling under the weather! I have a pretty good idea since I spent last week playing dozens of games on ST Pro every day. Gameplay looks identical.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

It's now to a point where basically, online pinball reviews are essentially meaningless, because everybody is so obsessed with "protecting their investment" nobody wants to give a bad review to a game they own. And now it's been exacerbated to the point where one company's fans feel compelled to constantly criticize the others. It's no fun.

Yeah, and those of us who really don't care either way about brand names, investments, etc and just want to give an honest opinion, our posts are usually brushed right over. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone responded to my posts about ST rules and concerns about that. The ruleset is just nowhere near a modern depth ruleset (yet), so it's going to be one of those waiting/wishing games, be prepared!

Pinside is more about knee-jerk responses, funny one-liners, abrasive comments, and eye-candy evaluation. "Rules? Rules? What are those? Just keep shining pretty lights and making things go CrAsH!!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

arcade-cabinets.com

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starfield-projector-stle?tu=mechslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.