projector-sleep-bb-star-light-hypnotic-star.jpg
Laser.jpg
th-2.jpeg
IMG_6225.JPG
laser mod.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3130.JPG
images.jpg
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Well for the people not getting the LE, you can always buy a nice spare LE playfield:
Ebay link

Not a LE playfield. All the inserts are colored.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

oops, my bad, sorry. I thought it was LE because it was signed. That must be one that someone won in the Stern Facebook contest. Fixed it.

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from arctic:

Since most stars are small Hydrogen balls (Red Dwarfs) that emit light in the red wavelength, and hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, I think that the red is beyond appropriate- it looks cool, is cool and is a great feature on a Pin.

Oh man you're grasping at straws here... I want this thing to be cool too but come on... how many visibly red stars can you see from you back door?

When I think 'star field' i don't imagine a bunch of red 'hydrogen-abundant' discotheque blobs. I think tiny bright white stars against a black background.... you know, like in the sky at night?

Again, I hope this is cooler in person... I know the pro machine sure was. Again, Stern loses points on marketing if this turns out to be really cool because their 'promo' sure doesn't make it seem that way.

#254 10 years ago

No dog in this fight, but not that impressive for the extra cash. I would rather they lost some of the bling and had put in a lcd screen like the CFTBL mod. They could have run a star screen saver, schematic battle damage during battle modes or maybe some clips to coincide with the modes. Seems like a lot of the money that went to the LE extras could have been spent on one thing to make this a very impressive and different game. That said it still looks like a fun game (have not played it yet). If I was going to get one, I think I would go with the pro and save the cash.

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Stern loses points on marketing if this turns out to be really cool because their 'promo' sure doesn't make it seem that way.

they're pretty consistently awful at hyping us up with their little videos.

#256 10 years ago

I spent a lot of time on this game today and if you have an LE on order you will not be disappointed. The game is great and very well done. I liked the laser effects and would really like to see how it looks in a dark room. Yes it is mode based and not on all the time, what would be the point of that?

There were also two pro models next to it and the LE package really looks impressive but the pro is still a great game too. Can't wait to spend some more time with it tomorrow.

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Correct. One of the pictures in the ad indicates that it is pro #666 of a run of 850.

#258 10 years ago

I was wondering if we could get a few more WOZ posts because this thread is becoming perilously close to being about STLE

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I was wondering if we could get a few more WOZ posts because this thread is becoming perilously close to being about STLE

But WOZ has an LCD and STLE doesn't, so WOZ is more better!

#260 10 years ago

This looks oddly familiar, like something from Steve's past
image-3[1].jpgimage-3[1].jpg

#261 10 years ago

What's the regular cost and/or retail for a new Stern play field in production?

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

I spent a lot of time on this game today and if you have an LE on order you will not be disappointed. The game is great and very well done. I liked the laser effects and would really like to see how it looks in a dark room. Yes it is mode based and not on all the time, what would be the point of that?
There were also two pro models next to it and the LE package really looks impressive but the pro is still a great game too. Can't wait to spend some more time with it tomorrow.

Pictures please.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But WOZ has an LCD and STLE doesn't, so WOZ is more better!

That's right, and if anybody argues with that, it's only because they're a HATER!

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

That's right, and if anybody argues with that, it's only because they're a HATER!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#265 10 years ago

Typical shit fest breaking out........channel it people, channel it.....

#266 10 years ago

Let's wait for the Vengence ship to be destroyed and crash into the playfield first........then we will see....,
Then we shall ALL see......

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It is unfortunate that people express opinions

Is this what you meant?

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Let's wait for the Vengence ship to be destroyed and crash into the playfield first........then we will see....,
Then we shall ALL see......

all it's going to do is tilt in front and probably wobble left to right.

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Is this what you meant?

Funny how you take out of context Ron but the haters are still mad

Ron.jpgRon.jpg
#270 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Typical shit fest breaking out........channel it people, channel it.....

Never! Let the hate flow!!!

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Never! Let the hate flow!!!

I hate, hate......I think.

Now I have to kick my own ass.

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It is unfortunate that people express opinions without playing a game or based only off of pictures and videos. It seems to be the norm lately on pinside.

Alright pinmister, here it is in context. I hope this explains my little joke earlier.

You can't PLAY the laser and Stern released a VIDEO for people to express opinions about. Of course the 'norm' is going to be people commenting on whether it looks any good - I wouldn't expect anything else.

Have you ever seen a commercial for a product and thought "omg that is crap"? Wait, that's not fair!

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Have you ever seen a commercial for a product and thought "omg that is crap"? Wait, that's not fair!

Yes to the first question then no to the second :

#274 10 years ago

I hear you Steve it is all good. I just think some people are quick to come to conclusions based on minimal engagement. I personally do not wright off or discount a title until I have had the opportunity to really play it and then make a call. I have been surprised by many titles that at first I discounted due to theme,etc. then fell in love with. Once the gameplay feedback comes back and people actually put some time on one, it will either be an instant classic or just another average Stern. I do believe OP's will really like the LE for attraction purposes, it may put WOZ to the test in terms of generated revenue?

#275 10 years ago

Get a grip people pinball is about the gameplay , no amount of Lasers , LCDs , Flipper Slipper , Space ships can save a poor layout ( and Start Trek = great Layout , Flow , Sound ect )

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from criss:

Get a grip people pinball is about the gameplay , no amount of Lasers , LCDs , Flipper Slipper , Space ships can save a poor layout ( and Start Trek = great Layout , Flow , Sound ect )

So why not enhance a great layout game, like Star Trek, with some cool extras?

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

They tried that. They just thought that tin foil balls and disco was cool.

If I had the tools, I would splice that whopping seconds long video with some beegees. It would be epic.

#278 10 years ago

They should have made it color changing.

#279 10 years ago

I love guys that say get a grip or why is everyone commenting. Um let's see its a hobby and this is a forum...

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yes to the first question then no to the second :
» YouTube video

BC You made my morning!!!!

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

They tried that. They just thought that tin foil balls and disco was cool.
If I had the tools, I would splice that whopping seconds long video with some beegees. It would be epic.

Ritchie designs Premium/LE first, then strips for Pro.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Like this?

#283 10 years ago

I quite like it, and feel it will be better in person than the video.

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from arctic:

Since most stars are small Hydrogen balls (Red Dwarfs) that emit light in the red wavelength, and hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, I think that the red is beyond appropriate- it looks cool, is cool and is a great feature on a Pin.
I would bet that most of the haters here haven't bought one and would complain no matter what Stern came out with.
Haters gonna hate

Yeah I'm sure Stern was thinking scientific when they made it. What a nerdy post....oh wait I'm a nerd as well j/k

#285 10 years ago

Dangit, I was kinda hoping the playfield would go dark and the projector would have the playfield filled with laser dots, something like the effect of Strobe multiball on AFM. Definitely a special multiball mode (like it looks in the video) but, I'm still looking forward to getting my STLE!

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I love guys that say get a grip

Get a grip Dave !

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Like this?
» YouTube video

Made me laugh out loud at work. Classic.

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Like this?
» YouTube video

Awesome, fits the pf perfectly.

#290 10 years ago

It doesn't look that bad, but I did LOL at Fats' video. That's what most of us said it would be all along...a cheap laser pointer thing. I don't really get the implementation but hopefully it's used well in gameplay.

The rules are what would concern me more than this laser. I do enjoy the flow of the game and the shots, but the ruleset is a little stale.

Modes seem to be: Shots light up, hit shots, lights go out. Move on to next mode. Get near the end and maybe time out the last two modes to get to the K---- multiball and then knock out the lit shots again.

I do like the three in a row, and option of going three deep, in order to stack with Super Ramps. Hopefully they add more clever rules like this to the game, because although it's a nice shooting playfield, the rules don't show enough variety or inventiveness to keep it interesting in a home environment, or justified by the price of the LE. If they can add some more to the ruleset, or vary the modes a bit, then I might be a premium buyer.... because I do love the theme. And the shots, while nothing inventive, do flow very nicely.

#291 10 years ago

For those that have an ST LE on the way, PLEASE modify the modes that use it to have terrible disco music like in Fatsquatch's video. Pinball Browser time!

#292 10 years ago

Wow that star field is the lamest thing Stern has ever done!! Congratulations on the stupidest gimmick ever!

The speed needs to be slowed way way down to a crawl. They are stars for Christ's sake. And the other lights need to be dimmed or off. Then if they have some creepy, echoey space music, maybe it won't be that bad???

#293 10 years ago

I think if they slowed down the rotation speed it would look a lot better, maybe a 1/4 of the speed it is now?

LOL, OZNO bet me to it

#294 10 years ago

Actually if they had a mini wizard mode that kicked in the Bee Gee sound track like FS did it would be an epic item of all time.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Actually if they had a mini wizard mode that kicked in the Bee Gee sound track like FS did it would be an epic item of all time.

It can be done with that pinball editor program

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I think if they slowed down the rotation speed it would look a lot better, maybe a 1/4 of the speed it is now?
LOL, OZNO bet me to it

So, you mean more along the speed of a slow dance then?

They could get Karl Urban to do a custom intro for it in a deep baritone voice. "We're going to go ahead and slow things down now, but don't nobody go nowhere cause we're going to be back attacking the Vengeance in a just a few."

#297 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

So, you mean more along the speed of a slow dance then?
They could get Karl Urban to do a custom intro for it in a deep baritone voice. "We're going to go ahead and slow things down now, but don't nobody go nowhere cause we're going to be back attacking the Vengeance in a just a few."

Director's Cut Setting.

#298 10 years ago

What I don't like about the star projector is that the constellations are not accurate. Is it to hard to ask to have Ursa Major and Ursa minor prominently projected accurately upon the playfield? IS IT!

#299 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Flipper Slipper!!!! LOL

Many people 'poo-poo' Baywatch for the playfield/theme, but it actually is quite fun to play. At the same time, some people 'gush' over ACDC pro with it's oversized & unflattering image of whats-his-name.
I'd like to say I don't get it but it's too simple: Pinball is personal, people are opinionated, fickle and sometimes shallow.

Moving on.....

#300 10 years ago

I'll wait to see more videos of it and the lighting in action. But just from that short video it feels underwhelming. Doens't give much of a space feel in my opinion. More of a disco type feel. Perfect for an Austin Powers game, not so much Star Trek. But I'll still wait to see more before deciding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starfield-projector-stle/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.