projector-sleep-bb-star-light-hypnotic-star.jpg
Laser.jpg
th-2.jpeg
IMG_6225.JPG
laser mod.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3130.JPG
images.jpg
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 10 years ago

Thought it looked good?

#52 10 years ago

Faux outrage? Nah...more like "general disappointment"...I mean, I didn't expect much more than what was shown, but...red? MEH. BIG BIG MEH.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ya know what's funny? Had this not existed - but someone made it as a mod...everyone would be climbing over each other to buy one!

You bet they would. If you put the word 'mod' at the end of anything on this forum is seems like people buy it up super fast. That said, this is pretty underwhelming for a 'feature' on the game.

#54 10 years ago

There has to be more to it. Has to be if not I'll swap it out for a blue one if available

#55 10 years ago

I think it will be cool to buy a big laser dot projector that will fill the room, and activate it on/off from the circuitry driving the little one.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

There has to be more to it. Has to be if not I'll swap it out for a blue one if available

Ya, why red? It is the same with the launch button on the lock bar, why red? Everything on the cabinet is blue......lets put a red button on there! My guess is that they were just left over from AC/DC.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How can they justify charging $2.5k-$3k more for powder coated side rails with lights, lighted asteroids, a moving ship toy, a VUK, a metal speaker grill, a kick back and this?

Don't forget the Lighted back box side emblem, the metal apron with the lit shield inserts, the backlit speakers. Pro is the best bang for your buck but to me the LE is the way to go. It's simply the best looking game in a long time. The SP doesn't sway my decision one way or the other. Also we still need to see the SP feature in person. You guys remember the crappy early videos of the pro?

#58 10 years ago

It will be great when you are seeing it in person in the middle of a game.

But the red is weak, I would have preferred blue/ or darken the game when it happens and give us a bright full white.

#59 10 years ago

Looks like what they said it would be. A star field projector! If only they would have sticky taped the
USS Enterpise to the flipper bats , the game would be perfect .

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ya know what's funny? Had this not existed - but someone made it as a mod...everyone would be climbing over each other to buy one!

Or..

If it was on WOZ it would be awesome & innovative.
Its just another add on toy that does not really impact game play.

#61 10 years ago

2 cents = Lame.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Or..
If it was on WOZ it would be awesome & innovative.
Its just another add on toy that does not really impact game play.

Horseofadifferentcolorcrap. If it was on WOZ, it would still be lame.

#63 10 years ago

Just talked to Stern. The laser can ONLY do red, that is the one colour you get. It also won't do anything but twirl around like that, no other effects. Their answer to me on the colour was "have you seen any other colour in a laser pointer then red?".

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Just talked to Stern. The laser can ONLY do red, that is the one colour you get. It also won't do anything but twirl around like that, no other effects. Their answer to me on the colour was "have you seen any other colour in a laser pointer then red?".

Uh...actually, yes. Whatever. I'm still thinking this game should be really good.

#65 10 years ago

Green

#66 10 years ago

Yes even green would have been better. The playfield is red.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Uh...actually, yes. Whatever. I'm still thinking this game should be really good.

Hope so, not looking as good as it once was

#68 10 years ago

Guess they never ordered from Amazon. You can get RED, BLUE, GREEN, PURPLE laser pointers.

http://www.amazon.com/Red-blue-green-Pointer-5mw/dp/B00GFDJEOE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3

#69 10 years ago

Ugh qg google is your friend

http://m.wickedlasers.com

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Guess they never ordered from Amazon. You can get RED, BLUE, GREEN, PURPLE laser pointers.
http://www.amazon.com/Red-blue-green-Pointer-5mw/dp/B00GFDJEOE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3

I guess it was an easy answer for him. If you can swap out the laser pointer in there and put a blue or white one in, that would be kinda cool.

#71 10 years ago

Saving grace would be lights out mode with only lazer dots.. Other wise blaaaaa

#72 10 years ago

Once again that quote was from Chaz at Stern, please send him the link. Also those ones seem too powerful, probably couldn't get approval for those.

#73 10 years ago

Sure, but have *you* ever seen one?

[Attention Stern marketing: Rule 44 of marketing is knowing the answers to any questions you ask.]

#74 10 years ago

Seriously? Someone hacked their Facebook account, right?

#75 10 years ago

wickedlasers will burn your eyeballs out. That's a great mod idea if you want to burn holes in your PF!

-Wes

#76 10 years ago

Good thing MMr Standards are still available!

#77 10 years ago

yeah, did they never hear of a bluray disc? thats a purple laser, cdroms are red, green can burn things etc.

Everyone bitches, but this will open the door for some fantastic mod

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Juice up the motor that spins the prism or whatever and rotoscope some shizz... replace the laser with a standard green laser out of a pointer.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Exactly. Give Hemi an LE and a week or two or three and let's see him work his magic

#80 10 years ago

Poor marketing on Sterns part, putting out a low quality video of 20 secs of gameplay is just bad decision making. They really need to get a clue how to strategize, market and execute ideas properly. This could be the best thing ever but no one will ever know with video snippets like this.

#81 10 years ago

This is an entertaining thought, but please be careful messing with the laser. It is definately a health concern and why this was delayed so long.

Quoted from Frax:

Juice up the motor that spins the prism or whatever and rotoscope some shizz... replace the laser with a standard green laser out of a pointer.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Should still be a cool game, but this is if not the lamest, definitely the single most over-hyped feature in the history of pinball.

Nope. That "honor" goes to the LCD in WOZ.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Star Trek Disco LE LOL... all they need now is the mirror ball.

Exactly. Looks totally like a mirror ball, and nothing like the heavens.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hahaha! Post of the day.

Half the people slagging it off probably have a $250 Tron Arcade cab mod.

The projector is exactly as I thought it would be. It's all it *could be* considering the limitations of where it is situated. There ain't much room inside an apron.

Actually it's surprising how much that light spreads out considering it comes from the apron. You'd think the flippers and the ball guides would get in the way.

I just have to LOL a little at the guys who were all charged up expecting something different. As I said a few months ago, don't expect too much ...

rd.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

yeah, did they never hear of a bluray disc? thats a purple laser, cdroms are red, green can burn things etc.

Green is great as a pointer, because you can somewhat see the line through the air. A powerful enough purple can light a match. I think green would be pretty awesome in there, as the red currently installed looks like it has a weak output.

#86 10 years ago

So lame, real disappointment. Let's hope the rest looks cooler

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You've got that right, sir.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it was a 3k mod they wouldn't be. Just saying.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Nope. That "honor" goes to the LCD in WOZ.

Wow, far from it. The LCD in WOZ is the biggest advancement in pinball since DMD's were introduced.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Half the people slagging it off probably have a $250 Tron Arcade cab mod

Now that's funny!

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, far from it. The LCD in WOZ is the biggest advancement in pinball since DMD's were introduced.

I rest my case.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You guys have GOT to get over that damn LCD monitor. It literally does NOTHING to advance the game of pinball.

#93 10 years ago

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

You guys have GOT to get over that damn LCD monitor. It literally does NOTHING to advance the game of pinball.

And for the record, the same argument could be said of the DMD.

It wasn't the DMD that made pinball so good in the 90s. What was happening on the playfields and in the rulesets are what made it good.

#95 10 years ago

This is an entertaining thought, but please be careful messing with the laser. It is definately a health concern and why this was delayed so long.

Yeah...you know... I think the 70 VDC I've taken across my arm working on a coil was probably more dangrous than a class 3a or lower laser, which is almost certainly what's being used. I'm not saying it's 100% risk free, very little in life is. I'm sure there's probably someone out there that has bled out by farting too hard.....but on the flip side, I'm not saying "Hey, put a Wicked Laser in there and see if you can burn up the clearcoat!" I'm saying replace it with a class 3a (or lower) green laser to change the color, not necessarily the intensity. Too bright and it's just going to be annoying, as well as potentially damaging.

#96 10 years ago

The only thought I have is remembering what it felt like around 1990 skating around a skating rink with the colored lights hitting the floor and the walls while listening to

Children behave.... that's what they say when we're together....

#97 10 years ago

Wow, the main Pinside WOZ / JJP haters voted down (not everyone who voted) my post, what an honor Thank you! I rest my case too.

Back to Star Trek I think the game looks pretty cool and I'm looking forward to seeing how the games code advances in the coming months.

#98 10 years ago

This is exactly why I said from day 1 not to focus so much on it. Pinball machines have lots of lights, this is just another one. No one buys a game because of a light.

#99 10 years ago

ah, the $2000 disco....I do like the idea of hooking up an external projector, or one that projected out the top of the backbox.

#100 10 years ago

Am I the only one who thought this looks really bad?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starfield-projector-stle/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.