projector-sleep-bb-star-light-hypnotic-star.jpg
Laser.jpg
th-2.jpeg
IMG_6225.JPG
laser mod.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3130.JPG
images.jpg
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#2 10 years ago

Underwhelming...

#4 10 years ago

More of a dot projector. SO lame.

#5 10 years ago

oh my is this for real?

#6 10 years ago

anyone expected something different?

#7 10 years ago

That's it?
Them don't look like stars
and they are red too

#8 10 years ago

Laughing my arse off!!!

Now to be fair the game is wicked fun. To me its like IM. lean, mean and fast. The LE will still be an awesome light show. But yeah the red disco ball things a bit sad.

#9 10 years ago

Hmmmmm.........

#10 10 years ago

I'm an STLE buyer..... I might disconnect that.

#11 10 years ago

what I thought it would be, would have been nice for some type of digital projector throwing images on the playfield from the apron, but hey

#12 10 years ago

Looks like a pretty cool effect to me. Probably looks better in person than on this crappy video.

#13 10 years ago

I can't really laugh out loud enough right now!

#14 10 years ago

Glad I got metle and not stle

#15 10 years ago

yeaaaahhhhhh, about that star field projector…….

#16 10 years ago

Star Trek Disco LE LOL... all they need now is the mirror ball.

#17 10 years ago

Oh dear....

#18 10 years ago

Watching it again... it's too "disco". It might have worked if the dots were just working their way up the playfield, like actual stars. Oh well!

#19 10 years ago

What I thought it would be , either way it still adds an extra dimension to the game . Im guessing it will look cool when the ball hits it too .

#20 10 years ago

Yeah I only expected dots but that is pretty lame even for dots
Hopefully it looks better in person.

#21 10 years ago

Huh, red?
Most of the ones you can buy for at home project a green or blue star field nebula... red dots are very underwhelming...hopefully there's a setting to turn it off or change colors..

#22 10 years ago

No wonder they held off showing it for so long. Wow, if that isn't a smack in the face. LE buyers got pwned.

wow-fail-o.gifwow-fail-o.gif

EDIT: HA! I got down voted. Don't blame me, I didn't make that thing. Truth hurts?

#23 10 years ago

OH DEAR LORD!

I have been pre-ordered for a while, and I have not really been expecting anything too cool from this, frankly. But that looked so STUPID! The first mod should be to disconnect that thing.

At the very least I was hoping (assuming) the stars would be...umm...WHITE. And I didn't expect them to be spinning around like a bunch of pomegranate seeds swirling down the toilet bowl.

Ugh. Should still be a cool game, but this is if not the lamest, definitely the single most over-hyped feature in the history of pinball.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm an STLE buyer..... I might disconnect that.

I think I am disconnecting that right now.

#25 10 years ago

*shrug* - I think it's cool. No game has ever done that before...it's unique! Not mindblowing or anything - but unique.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

anyone expected something different?

Nope.

I said from the beginning that this would be nothing more than a bunch of spot lights moving on the pf and anyone thinking it would be more than that was setting themselves up for disappointment.

If anything, it actually looks better than I thought it would.

#27 10 years ago

This will be great when someone mods it. Right now kinda let down by it but at the sometime maybe we are not seeing how it fits into the game?

#28 10 years ago

The best thing Stern can do starting this second and above and beyond worrying about LCD Screens etc is focus on a killer 5k Pro pinball. This LE crap is one let down after another. Focus on where they can kill the competition and stop making these designers and coding teams kill themselves over stupid add ons.

#29 10 years ago

I really hope there is more to it than that, if that is the big reveal of the unknown toy/feature I may just grab a pro instead. I had been waiting to see the LE features to decide for sure.

#30 10 years ago

I'm very excited about my upcoming STLE but I am also very happy I did not make my decision based on that.

Hopefully it is a little more interactive and looks less like a disco ball than what is on that short video.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Should still be a cool game, but this is if not the lamest, definitely the single most over-hyped feature in the history of pinball.

"We" are the ones guilty of over-hyping/speculating it.

#32 10 years ago

Ill put this up with as disappointing as the woz topper!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No wonder they held off showing it for so long. Wow, if that isn't a smack in the face. LE buyers got pwned.

Bullshit.

What the hell were you expecting?

Love all the faux outrage.

#34 10 years ago

Kinda explains why they waited to release video of the STLE...I'm almost embarrassed for Stern

#35 10 years ago

Ya know what's funny? Had this not existed - but someone made it as a mod...everyone would be climbing over each other to buy one!

#36 10 years ago

Guys, the bottom line is this game is fun as all hell.

#37 10 years ago

Not mind blowing but I'm sure it looks better in person than in that vid. It really lights up the left flipper. Enterprise looks good lit up.

#38 10 years ago

Looks just like I thought it would. This is the first time anything like this has been done before and there still may be more to this. It adds another effect to the lighting system and creates depth and movement. Might be really cool with certain modes.

#39 10 years ago

Lol that's it's, I'm glad I didn't get one.

Joe(acejedi)

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bullshit.
What the hell were you expecting?
Love all the faux outrage.

My expectations were near nothing...and they managed to still disappoint. That is horrible and anyone defending it obviously has their LE buyer blinders on. Stern brought this on themselves. They knew exactly what they were doing. They could have posted video of it a long time ago and not let people build the feature up in their minds only to be letdown now way after the fact. I guess I should give them credit that they didn't leave it up to the first pinsider who got their LE to post video? And I doubt you would be so butt hurt over my post if you didn't think it was true to some degree too.

#41 10 years ago

wow, yeah I can achieve that same effect with my daughter's projector toy that cost $20.

opt_twilight_ladybug_lg.jpgopt_twilight_ladybug_lg.jpg

#42 10 years ago

I guess it remains to be seen it the projector is rom controlled. If it is, then its better than the toy above

#43 10 years ago

I'm surprised they don't "shoot" the two asteroids with (ph)lasers in some modes. A priori, I can't figure out how to integrate the starfield projector into game play in a meaningful way. I'll be curious to see what they do with it or if it's just LE "differentiation bling".

BTW, the pro kicks ass and if the LE turns out to be a pro with a killer light show, I'll be happy. The ability to disable the disco ball in software might be worth putting on the roadmap... Just sayin'..

#44 10 years ago

That has to be worth at least worth $1k right? Wish they spent the money somewhere else on the playfield. How can they justify charging $2.5k-$3k more for powder coated side rails with lights, lighted asteroids, a moving ship toy, a VUK, a metal speaker grill, a kick back and this?

Game looks cool but the pro seems like the best bang for your buck

#45 10 years ago

I guess I was expecting a starfield not John Travolta to appear on the p/f

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That has to be worth at least worth $1k right? Wish they spent the money somewhere else on the playfield. How can they justify charging $2.5k-$3k more for powder coated side rails with lights, a moving ship toy, a VUK, a metal speaker grill, a kick back and this?
Game looks cool but the pro seems like the best bang for your buck

+1, they really shouldn't have even included that in the game, its silly. Put that money (probably $20?) somewhere else into the game..

#47 10 years ago

Underwhelm and over price
-Stern

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Underwhelm and over price

That's the pinball hobby today in a nutshell...

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Guys, the bottom line is this game is fun as all hell.

You can't use "guys" without paying Derek royalties. Just sayin.

#50 10 years ago

If the lights blacked out and all you saw was the projector lights on the play field it could be cool. White lights or green would work better than red but sure there is a reason for it.

I'm not an LE buyer, but could end up cool if black lights out like AFM strobe multiball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starfield-projector-stle/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.