View topic image gallery

Bonus SU Fix.JPG (resized).png
Stardust Eject Re Switch 2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3C07ABC3-1BE4-4E8C-AF0F-4C6E6F82C001 (resized).jpeg
745A7B7D-F7E7-47A2-B2ED-5A04A6C5DFA8 (resized).jpeg
Stardust Eject Re Switch (resized).jpg
32464A78-D33C-4AAC-BEB2-CCF13B724816 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

when the ball lands in either pf eject holes the back box lights flash off then back on twice during the bonus then eject cycle.

First, immediately when the hole switch is closed, then again part way through the cycle. Traced it to the make break switch on the eject relay. See switch far right in pic. When the normally closed side of the switch is opened without triggering the relay, back box lights go out. If I jumper the center leaf and normally closed leaf, the lights don’t flash off then on at all.

Can’t find any reference in the schematic to the eject relay turning any lights on or off.

So, is this normal? Or do I have a problem somewhere?

32464A78-D33C-4AAC-BEB2-CCF13B724816 (resized).jpeg32464A78-D33C-4AAC-BEB2-CCF13B724816 (resized).jpeg
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from edednedy:

Are the bulbs standard #47/#44 lamps, or are you using LED's?

Both led and standard. And the turn completely off.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

That switch is in the 25 volt circuit and shouldn't directly affect the lights:
[quoted image]
Do any other relays or steppers change when you open that switch? Does the same thing happen if you open switches on the 10, 100 or 1000 point relays (to the left on the schematic above)?
/Mark

Nothing else changes. But when anything adds to the bonus, it also flashes the lights in back box.

#6 2 years ago

Also, 10 and 100 point relay have slight flicker. 1000 point relay creates the complete on off flicker.

#7 2 years ago

Also, Not all back box lights are flashing. Only the illumination for the back glass and the elimination for the score reels. And I’m probably being blind but I can’t find the circuit for those lights on the schematic.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

When you add bonus I suspect you're adding 1000 points, right? So it's the 1000 pt switch above that has an effect not the bonus. The 10 and 100 point should have the same effect but whatever. The lights that go out are probably the Insert Display lights at the top of the lighting circuits on the schematic. You could confirm that by checking the wire colors.
Are the Extra Ball or Ball Index relays in the back box? If so, I'd examine them closely to see if there is anything touching anything that shouldn't. Does blocking the Extra Ball or Ball Index relay switch above have any effect when you open the Eject relay switch?
If nothing else changes when you open the Eject relay switch you're likely looking for some kind of short so the schematic will only help so much.

Thanks for the ideas. Done for tonight. And won’t be able to get back to it for a couple days. Will post progress when I can. Thanks again. Btw this one had lots of problems. Just couldn’t track down this hopefully last one.

#10 2 years ago

Got back to it tonight. When engaged manually, 10, 100, and 1,000 relays all flashed back box lights off. After much tracing found a n/o switch on the Ball index relay that was always closed. Far left in pic. Opened it to operate properly. And back box lights went out completely. However when the first 10, 100, or 1,000 points were scored. Ball index coil locked on, and lights no longer flicker on any points scored.

However, pretty sure backbox lights shouldn’t be off until points scored. But I can’t find anywhere in the schematic that shows what should power these lights at any time. Ideas?

3C07ABC3-1BE4-4E8C-AF0F-4C6E6F82C001 (resized).jpeg3C07ABC3-1BE4-4E8C-AF0F-4C6E6F82C001 (resized).jpeg745A7B7D-F7E7-47A2-B2ED-5A04A6C5DFA8 (resized).jpeg745A7B7D-F7E7-47A2-B2ED-5A04A6C5DFA8 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14 2 years ago

Thank you all, will look at it this weekend. And get back w results. Definitely an interesting problem. On the good side, was 8th in league tonight. Lol

#16 2 years ago

Thank you all, and Mark G, as usual right on the money. Took some tracing, but yellow wire going through the jones plug in the back box wasn't making contact. Thought I had cleaned all the jones plugs on this game, but due to extended family situations, started working on this last April, with having to take months off in between sessions working on it. Somehow, missed cleaning the top jones plug of the two larger ones in the back box.

Now plug all clean and shiny and everything making good contact. Game looks to be playing perfectly so far but have only played about 6 test games since cleaning plug.

Thanks again for all the help.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stardust-eject-relay-flashes-back-box-lights?tu=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.