You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Stardust-Work-02 (resized).jpg
L Gate (resized).jpg
Stardust Advance Unit PC Board (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I am having problems understanding the Williams Stardust EM Advance Unit. Where is the "C" on the schematic? All ten (0-9) connections connect to the "C" as the arrow rotates. You would think that #1, with the arrow on the schematic, would connect to "C" but #1 is no different than any other number.

With so many really smart people in the forum, I hope somebody can help this first-timer!

Stardust Advance Unit PC Board (resized).jpegStardust Advance Unit PC Board (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

C is the Common connection. It's the wire labelled Y-BLU-4 with the arrowhead at 16D and 18D

#3 5 years ago

Thank you Howard but why is it labeled "1?". There is also a "1" on the PC board that seems to be separate from "C." I don't understand. If the arrow was labeled "C" then all would be clear.

#4 5 years ago

Because the common input wire always connects to one of the 0 to 9 segements, and the way the schematic is drawn it happens to be connected to the 1. Does that answer your question?

#5 5 years ago

Sort of. Then C is connected to 1?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from redrock:

Sort of. Then C is connected to 1?

C is connected to 1 when the disk wiper is pointing at 1
C is connected to 2 when the disk wiper is pointing at 2
etc

#7 5 years ago

I'm sorry but I still don't get it. I'm working with the Left Gate, which is 9. But the input seems to be 1. But C is connected to 9 as the PC board indicates. So, C must be -- somehow -- connected to 1, the input. In other words how does the input -- 1 -- connect to 9? Can the diagram be redrawen to show C?

L Gate (resized).jpgL Gate (resized).jpg
#8 5 years ago

Hi redrock
how about this JPG ? Greetings Rolf

0Stardust-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Stardust-Work-02 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stardust-advance-unit-where-is-the-c-connection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.