Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Erik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0885.PNG
    #1 11 years ago

Not sure if people know or care, but Zen Pinball released 3 licensed Star Wars themed tables today. Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and the Clone Wars. $9.99 for all three. I got it for the PS3 and it comes with the PS Vita versions too.

Its great having the actual voices and sound. First few games seemed fun. Obviously ESB has the best theme.

Physics are good, shots are varied and fun. Great to have on the Vita for trips to the airport or the toilet.

#2 11 years ago

A friend of mine mentioned it on Facebook. I asked him if he got the DE SW pin.

#3 11 years ago

Yep, I bought the ESB one for iPad. It's good, and certainly makes me daydream about the potential for a JJP or Stern Episode VII machine. Sign me up!

By the way, I don't think those are the real voices in the Zen game, Apollyon. I just watched ESB with my son this past weekend, and they sound like very good sound-alikes to me.

#4 11 years ago

I downloaded all three last night and put some plays on them. Honestly, ESB is my least favorite of the three, but is still pretty good (by the way...there is no way those voices are real). Fett is great, and Clone Wars is freaking awesome. I love the flow and combos on that one. Great additions to an already great game. I am still really surprised as to how much I am enjoying virtual pinball thanks to this game and Pinball Arcade. There are so many of these that I wish were real, and with a few changes some of them probably could be.

#5 11 years ago

Just downloaded clone wars.

Pretty cool! IMG_0885.PNGIMG_0885.PNG

#6 11 years ago

I only played the trial for the ESB table, and the voices are not real. Vader sounds close ish, but you really could not tell the Luke and Yoda voices are not real? Say it ain't so...

Honestly the voice work was jarring enough to me on the ESB table to make me not want to buy it.

It also caused flash forwards in my brain regarding future Star Wars (and even the upcoming Star Trek) physical table.

What if Star Trek 2013 goes the Avengers route and does not have the movie voices? It would sound like this... terrible.

It is a shame that the voice work has become so difficult to access. At $10 for non-original voices I would pass, at $15-20 with the actual voice rights I would probably bite.

These physical tables, and even cheap downloads, end up sounding like cheap knock-offs.

Edit: I also wondered about The Hobbit. Will it have real voices? Or will Gandalf be played by the woman who subbed for Glenda the Good Witch in WoZ. The journey is the reward indeed...

#7 11 years ago

shameful edit fail... resulting in double post.

#8 11 years ago

The table was $2 on my nexus, I really didn't expect the real voice actors. It would be cool, but a very unrealistic expectation. The games are good, ESB is my least favorite, which is kind of disappointing. The Clone Wars table is pretty fun, probably my favorite of the 3 in the limited amount of plays I have.

#9 11 years ago

For $2 each, there's nothing to complain about.

#10 11 years ago

playfield design is at least more unique and original than anything we've seen in years. Looks interesting. Would like to play that on a real table. To bad it's based on a shitty theme.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

To bad it's based on a shitty theme.

That's Borderline Un-American!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

That's Borderline Un-American!

According to South Park, it's totally American. It was the Chinese who were trying to protect Star Wars from the American Disney Company

2 weeks later
    #13 11 years ago

Zen Pinball has the best physics in video pinball right now, which makes these games really fun. With all my years of playing, I do not have any issues picking up the pads and jumping right into a game. With the exception of performing live catch maneuvers, everything else is spot on. So far in the SW series, my favorite has been ESB, the modes are fun, shots are varied and the sounds are mostly great. With the exception of the occasional voice over for Han which is terrible.

I am playing on Xbox, Vita, and Android where you all playing?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

Zen Pinball has the best physics in video pinball right now, which makes these games really fun. With all my years of playing, I do not have any issues picking up the pads and jumping right into a game. With the exception of performing live catch maneuvers, everything else is spot on. So far in the SW series, my favorite has been ESB, the modes are fun, shots are varied and the sounds are mostly great. With the exception of the occasional voice over for Han which is terrible.
    I am playing on Xbox, Vita, and Android where you all playing?

I have it on PS3, but haven't turned that on in several months.

I'm on IOS, iPad primarily.

#15 11 years ago

I havent checked it out on iPad yet. The iPad might actually be too large for my comfort to enjoy a good pinball playing session. The Vita is the best platform for mobile that I have seen so far. I have played it on a Windows 8 system as well, but the input lag is slightly too big for me, where as the xbox and vita have no noticeable lag.

#16 11 years ago

I have only played ESB so far and have been enjoying it, but I find completing the different modes really difficult. I need to download the other two. I just wish all of the tables that are on the PS3 were available on the iPad. I have the Mars table on the PS3 and I love it.

#17 11 years ago

I prefer most of the other tables to these. When you compare to Epic Quest and Plants vs Zombies it seems like a whole different level of development went into those tables

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-zen-pinball-released and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.