Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7060 (resized).JPG
IMG_6418 (resized).JPG
IMG_3177 (resized).JPG
IMG_6280 (resized).JPG
IMG_7235 (resized).JPG
image-1 (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
image-4 (resized).jpg
Star Wars 196 (resized).jpg
Star Wars 198 (resized).jpg
basil-gogos-sand-people.png
055b744ebcf80e5902229882778a6edc5df5896f.jpeg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am looking for CQ DE Star Wars on the west coast. I have a beater now and I am either going to restore it or upgrade.
I love how simple it is and the theme is awesome for me. Takes me back to being 10 years old again!

I have no lead on a CQ DESW but CPR has DESW on its pre-order list so you could get a better than new PF as a good start!

#52 3 years ago

Consider Firepower it is not Star Wars but a great rip off of the theme

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Oh, so now you know me better tham my mom...., you know the games I've played, the food I ate, the places I've been.....
On the other hand, I see that you're a poor little sad hater that came into this thread just to bitch out about a pinball machine that you don't like...
Well, guess what? I don't give a flying fuck about you and all your pinball "experience"...

I know there is no way you have played most of the games in my collection. Many of the games you mentioned, are so fawking rare, you would be lucky to be graced in the same room as one.

But I gave your collection props where it was due.

Congo
TZ
TOTAN are great games.

But I also call out shit when it's warranted.

Xfiles
Star wars trilogy
Street fighter 2
Rolling stones (stern)

all are worthy of the DMD shitfest awards. Sure there are non dmd games worse than those titles. But in the realm of DMD's. They are shit heap that i've run into. And i've played almost everything. I'm not bagging on your collection in any way. I'm sure where your located, you don't get to run into games as often as we do here. You might have landed them dirt cheap, which would be great value for you. Regardless, on why you have them, i'm not bagging on you for owning them. I just bag on the games themselves because I think they are terrible from my personal experience playing them. Lost in Space seems to be creeping up on my shit list as well the more play it.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how can you say a game is better or worse than another game if you have never seen or play said game?

I haven't played Dialed In yet. I know it will be better than Wrestlemania.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I have no lead on a CQ DESW but CPR has DESW on its pre-order list so you could get a better than new PF as a good start!

I am already on the list!

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

I haven't played Dialed In yet. I know it will be better than Wrestlemania.

it's never good to judge something you havn't played. If I would have done that, I would have thought Metallica was going to suck because I don't care for the band. But playing it, it's pretty damn awesome. Something things you think are going to be great, turn out shitty and some things you think would suck, turn out really good. I have played WWE and DI, and it is better by a longshot. But when WWE came out, i was looking forward to trying it. The ring idea was new and kind of cool. But when playing it, it turns out it's not as fun as it looks.

#57 3 years ago

DESW, I bought a fully restored one from teckman who used to work at HEP. Wow, a special dark side addition.

#58 3 years ago

Best one hands down is Star Wars Trilogy. Way better than Data East or Episode 1.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

DESW, I bought a fully restored one from teckman who used to work at HEP. Wow, a special dark side addition.

Any pics? I would love to see it.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from pingeo:

Best one hands down is Star Wars Trilogy. Way better than Data East or Episode 1.

I just take this as you have never played DESW or EP1. Not extensively anyway.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from pingeo:

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just take this as you have never played DESW or EP1. Not extensively anyway.

Watch out - captain neo knows every pinball game you ever played.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from pingeo:

I have played DESW and SWEP1 extensively.

Never played SWT.

SWT is better.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have played DESW and SWEP1 extensively.
Never played SWT.
SWT is better.

captain neo, can you confirm it or is he lying too?

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I know there is no way you have played most of the games in my collection. Many of the games you mentioned, are so fawking rare, you would be lucky to be graced in the same room as one.
But I gave your collection props where it was due.
Congo
TZ
TOTAN are great games.
But I also call out shit when it's warranted.
Xfiles
Star wars trilogy
Street fighter 2
Rolling stones (stern)
all are worthy of the DMD shitfest awards. Sure there are non dmd games worse than those titles. But in the realm of DMD's. They are shit heap that i've run into. And i've played almost everything. I'm not bagging on your collection in any way. I'm sure where your located, you don't get to run into games as often as we do here. You might have landed them dirt cheap, which would be great value for you. Regardless, on why you have them, i'm not bagging on you for owning them. I just bag on the games themselves because I think they are terrible from my personal experience playing them. Lost in Space seems to be creeping up on my shit list as well the more play it.

You never played this one.... well... I DID!!!

image-4 (resized).jpg

image-2 (resized).jpg

image-1 (resized).jpg

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You never played this one.... well... I DID!!!

that is true, I have never played it. See, you can tell which games people have or probably have not played without even knowing them.

#66 3 years ago

Data East Star Wars is best! Has the best sound package and is a lot of fun to play. However unless you get the new update its a one trick pony up the middle ramp.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that is true, I have never played it. See, you can tell which games people have or probably have not played without even knowing them.

It's the power of the FORCE!

#68 3 years ago

This is the route that I went. Found a HUO / original owner game that was powered off for the last three years. A couple of weeks ago, it looked like this when I moved it into the gameroom..
IMG_3177 (resized).JPG
IMG_7060 (resized).JPG
IMG_6418 (resized).JPG
IMG_6280 (resized).JPG
IMG_7235 (resized).JPG

Below is what it looks like as of tonight.

It still needs a couple things, I'm working on R2's legs at the moment but it is progressing well, keeping me busy while I wait on my Ghostbusters Pre-order that has been two weeks away for 3 months..

I get that people think the game is shallow but the anniversary edition / code update was a nice improvement. Color DMD + Pinsound modernizes it a bit. It still isn't a super deep game but we're having fun playing it and this is my second go-around with this title...

Good luck with your decision!

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

» YouTube video

#70 3 years ago

1. Data East Star Wars (with Chad's software)
2. Sega Star Wars LE
3. Williams Star Wars Episode 1
4. Sonic Star Wars

Don't know about Hankin's Empire Strikes Back or the Force machine earlier on this page. Never played those.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

1. Data East Star Wars (with Chad's software)
2. Sega Star Wars LE
3. Williams Star Wars Episode 1
4. Sonic Star Wars
Don't know about Hankin's Empire Strikes Back or the Force machine earlier on this page. Never played those.

Hankin's Empire Strikes Back is a lot like Bally's Space Invaders, with some upper PF layout changes!

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

This is the route that I went. Found a HUO / original owner game that was powered off for the last three years. A couple of weeks ago, it looked like this when I moved it into the gameroom..

» YouTube video
It still needs a couple things, I'm working on R2's legs at the moment but it is progressing well, keeping me busy while I wait on my Ghostbusters Pre-order that has been two weeks away for 3 months..
I get that people think the game is shallow but the anniversary edition / code update was a nice improvement. Color DMD + Pinsound modernizes it a bit. It still isn't a super deep game but we're having fun playing it and this is my second go-around with this title...
Good luck with your decision!

there is no way that was HUO looking like that when you started.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

there is no way that was HUO looking like that when you started.

Or it got played a LOT for the Force and Sarlacc wear. Good find though.

SWDE with the newish code and a Pinsound is definitely the best of the bunch.

#74 3 years ago

to get force wear like that, you would have to have 20k + plays. Highly doubtful that could happen in a home environment. Plus with the targets blown out as badly as they are. I've bought a lot of home games in my time, and even ones with massive play with many kids, still don't get trashed like that one is. They may have bought it early in it's life, but i'd put money on it, that, that thing was on route for a year or 2 first.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quakertown, PA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside