20%
  • I am not buying a Star Wars. 225 votes
    43%

(527 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SWHD (resized).jpg
FLHX custom (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

/RANT on
Don't take this the wrong way, but as long as this hobby is plump full of people with money in hand ready to throw thousands of dollars - nearing the equivalency of a used car now - at a game that they have not plunged one ball on - Stern isn't going to budge on the "more extra for just a bit more money" mentality.
This community has proven it is frothing at the mouth to just heave money their way, and shit, why would Stern change a thing? If anything, they're now seeing how much they can charge and deliver LESS with each release. I mean, NO shaker motor on SWLE now? Dude, they're laughing at this community.
Laughing all the way to the bank. Days of Star Trek level LEs are over until this community stops figuratively shoveling money into Stern's bank account. Just that simple.
Personally, I don't see it ending anytime soon, which makes me metaphorically roll my eyes as a hobbyist. I almost get the feeling half the people here don't even know how to play pinball; they just want the "ooooooooooooooooooo, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh" new shiny toy RIGHT now before anyone else on their street has it too.
/RANT off

When I get my shiny new le I definitely know I'll be saying ooooooo ahhhhhh. Then I'll play the crap out of it because it looks bloody awesome and it's SR Dwight and Star Wars.

Gble had next to bugger all extra on it compared to premium and that is hot property. Shakers shit me. 1st thing I do is turn em off.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

37% of those in are going LE!

Is the poll taking into account the restricted choice to buy the Le? Not sure how the poll can show an accurate preference?

#50 6 years ago

Le here. I would have also come up with those reasons to get a premium if I missed out. Regardless an Le is an Le. Gb had less extras. It's still an Le ghostbusters. Same here. Plus the art package and alt translite inclusions is the better of the 3. Empire is my fav movie but the alt side of the cab stuffs the empire theme up for the prem.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

After reading the SW thread I gave up my SW LE and am buying Hobbit.

Yep very bad idea. The hobbit is a snooze fest at best. Owned mine for 3 weeks and wasn't easy to flip either.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm in on an LE as of now, but really keep thinking if it's worth it or not over the premium. Its a $1300 difference. We actually like the Le back glass better and the side rail, but really that's it. What are the odds a custom siderail is made for premium and what is the typical price on those?

You made a good choice. An Le is an Le. It's limited. Not sure why some people are thinking it's not so good a purchase over the premium. They will making premiums and accompanying mods eg rails indefinitely. The premium art is also the worst art package of the 3. Nothing works visually there.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Respectfully disagree. Hobbit is a blast, and more code coming soon. One of the most immersive games ever IMO. I can only hope SW has the same level of immersion. Hobbit isn't for everybody though and I can respect that.

Yes my friend loved it and was disappointed when i sold it. Just didnt fo it for me

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

800 really isn't limited. They should have went 400 dark and 400 light LEs. At least they would be a LITTLE more limited that way.

I'd have to disagree there. Ive heard the "800" argument before. Its limited. They are either sold out or not. Not understanding the more limited idea? Similar numbers to ST le and acdc les plus luci. You dont see them falling out of the sky regularly. And more importantly when you see them up they aint cheap.

This theme? Sorry but the le is a pretty sure bet.

Dont mean any disrespect but there does seem to be some comments being generated by people who possibly missed out on one? Am i off the mark with that assumption?

400 or 800 le's of sw world wide. Dont think its going to make much of a difference.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The lack of a mirrored blackglass is the #1 reason I think why a good number of people, including myself, cancelled their LE spots. Personally I'm not going to pay $1500 more over a premium just for different armor that looks like it should light up...but doesn't. Including 3 translites versus 1 mirrored backglass is a form of cost cutting. The different side artwork doesn't add any value in my mind as its made of out of the exact same material as pro and premium artwork.
A mirrored or at least real backglass should be included with every LE at these crazy prices. Well, a real backglass, shaker motor, unique armor, and Stern HD glass should come with every Stern LE for the prices they are now charging.

Yep agree with all of that ten fold. But this is the Star Wars Le we've been given for better or as it seems worse... and it's still an Le. It's limited!!! FMD

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Union, KY
$ 21.50
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-which-model-are-you?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.