• Premium 140 votes
    27%
  • LE 105 votes
    20%
  • I am not buying a Star Wars. 224 votes
    43%

(526 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SWHD (resized).jpg
FLHX custom (resized).png

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 2 years ago

Can someone share the link with me of the video of Steve talking about Star Wars.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Can someone share the link with me of the video of Steve talking about Star Wars.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150884884
He starts talking around 6:02:00 into it.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

At first release, I was going premium after originally seeing the Le. I was like most, expecting a sith Le package and was disappointed. Was happy thinking I would save money with a premium. Then, after really looking at images better, something about the premium just doesn't look right. I can't figure out what, but it just doesn't. Found myself really liking the Le the most. Asked wife, and she admitted she liked the Le the most. I'm sure I'll stick with the Le as it just really visually appeals to me the most. I don't care about it being limited, but more about what I want a SW pin to look like I guess.

The LE seems to be very Millenium Falcon centered. If you like the Falcon and imagine yourself a smuggler, I'm sure you will like the LE. Stash some contraband in the cabinet for full effect.

Rob

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Respectfully disagree. Hobbit is a blast, and more code coming soon. One of the most immersive games ever IMO. I can only hope SW has the same level of immersion. Hobbit isn't for everybody though and I can respect that.

Yes my friend loved it and was disappointed when i sold it. Just didnt fo it for me

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

800 really isn't limited. They should have went 400 dark and 400 light LEs. At least they would be a LITTLE more limited that way.

I'd have to disagree there. Ive heard the "800" argument before. Its limited. They are either sold out or not. Not understanding the more limited idea? Similar numbers to ST le and acdc les plus luci. You dont see them falling out of the sky regularly. And more importantly when you see them up they aint cheap.

This theme? Sorry but the le is a pretty sure bet.

Dont mean any disrespect but there does seem to be some comments being generated by people who possibly missed out on one? Am i off the mark with that assumption?

400 or 800 le's of sw world wide. Dont think its going to make much of a difference.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'd have to disagree there. Ive heard the "800" argument before. Its limited. They are either sold out or not. Not understanding the more limited idea? Similar numbers to ST le and acdc les plus luci. You dont see them falling out of the sky regularly. And more importantly when you see them up they aint cheap.
This theme? Sorry but the le is a pretty sure bet.
Dont mean any disrespect but there does seem to be some comments being generated by people who possibly missed out on one? Am i off the mark with that assumption?
400 or 800 le's of sw world wide. Dont think its going to make much of a difference.

Are there any more LEs for sale by distros? How many LE's do you think are sold\on pre-order hold?

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are there any more LEs for sale by distros? How many LE's do you think are sold\on pre-order hold?

Almost all are LE models are sold except for a few MSRP stragglers.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Try Jason at Classic Game Rooms - 678-283-5959

Just wondering how many are still available. Don't want to mention specific distros but I see there's still a lot of LEs for sale. I checked 4 distros and they all still have them.

#159 2 years ago

Just wondering how many are still available. Don't want to mention specific distros but I see there's still a lot of LEs for sale. I checked 4 distros and they all still have them.

You keep asking, but you're still not buying.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You keep asking, but you're still not buying.

Well I've already stated that I have an LE deposit in, selective reading on your part?

#161 2 years ago

Well I've already stated that I have an LE deposit in, selective reading on your part?

Yep. My apologies...must have missed that.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

You made a good choice. An Le is an Le. It's limited. Not sure why some people are thinking it's not so good a purchase over the premium. They will making premiums and accompanying mods eg rails indefinitely. The premium art is also the worst art package of the 3. Nothing works visually there.

The lack of a mirrored blackglass is the #1 reason I think why a good number of people, including myself, cancelled their LE spots. Personally I'm not going to pay $1500 more over a premium just for different armor that looks like it should light up...but doesn't. Including 3 translites versus 1 mirrored backglass is a form of cost cutting. The different side artwork doesn't add any value in my mind as its made of out of the exact same material as pro and premium artwork.

A mirrored or at least real backglass should be included with every LE at these crazy prices. Well, a real backglass, shaker motor, unique armor, and Stern HD glass should come with every Stern LE for the prices they are now charging.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The lack of a mirrored blackglass is the #1 reason I think why a good number of people, including myself, cancelled their LE spots. Personally I'm not going to pay $1500 more over a premium just for different armor that looks like it should light up...but doesn't. Including 3 translites versus 1 mirrored backglass is a form of cost cutting. The different side artwork doesn't add any value in my mind as its made of out of the exact same material as pro and premium artwork.
A mirrored or at least real backglass should be included with every LE at these crazy prices. Well, a real backglass, shaker motor, unique armor, and Stern HD glass should come with every Stern LE for the prices they are now charging.

Believe they said that the LE also has different plastics. Not sure if we have seen the LE or premium plastic sets in the promo shots.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can see leaving the LE shaker out as not everybody wants it. However, they should be reduced price available or something else. The LE backbox hyperspace affect mod should be free of charge for LE owners when they get it done though. IMHO.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The lack of a mirrored blackglass is the #1 reason I think why a good number of people, including myself, cancelled their LE spots.

I did not cancel, but I did write Stern to say I think their LE is missing 'something'. I did not get a reply.

Rob

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

Believe they said that the LE also has different plastics. Not sure if we have seen the LE or premium plastic sets in the promo shots.

It was thinking LE since the Millennium Falcon is on both the sling plastics. The LE seems to be Falcon-centric with the art.

Rob

#167 2 years ago

I'm in for a Pro if they will be ready in time for me to pick it up from cointaker at Pinburgh. Still waiting to hear if they will have one for me or not then. From the looks of things they are making them now, so fingers crossed.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I did not cancel, but I did write Stern to say I think their LE is missing 'something'. I did not get a reply.
Rob

I just emailed to stating the Le should at least come with a shaker motor standard

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I just emailed to stating the Le should at least come with a shaker motor standard

Except some of us have already ordered our own Stern Rev C shaker.

#170 2 years ago

Except some of us have already ordered our own Stern Rev C shaker.

Yeah, I have a shaker for it mine too, robbed from GB.

Rob

#171 2 years ago

Great HD photo (courtesy of PinballNews) for comparing the playfield plastics

SWHD (resized).jpg

#172 2 years ago

The pro plastics (slings and return lanes) look better. The others are ok too, but the pro ones are just less .. I don't know... abstract?

At least the premium/le doesn't drop the ball on the switch cutouts like the pro does.

Rob

#173 2 years ago

This sounds crazy, but I would rather own a pro. It's amazing how little buyers are getting for the premium and Le upgrades. Felt the same about a number of recent games.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This sounds crazy, but I would rather own a pro. It's amazing how little buyers are getting for the premium and Le upgrades. Felt the same about a number of recent games.

The jury is still out because nobody has played the premium/le model and only one person has played a pro. Aesthetically speaking, the metal ramps and ball guides are nicer than plastic ramps.

I'm in for an LE, but I'm wondering how the heck that jump ramp going to not get in the way of hyper loop modes? For example, you try to make a shot to load the hyperloop and miss, hitting the half loop instead - the ball is going to be blocked because the ramp is up. Can the ramp drop instantly so it doesn't interrupt the flow?

Rob

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The jury is still out because nobody has played the premium/le model and only one person has played a pro. Aesthetically speaking, the metal ramps and ball guides are nicer than plastic ramps.
I'm in for an LE, but I'm wondering how the heck that jump ramp going to not get in the way of hyper loop modes? For example, you try to make a shot to load the hyperloop and miss, hitting the half loop instead - the ball is going to be blocked because the ramp is up. Can the ramp drop instantly so it doesn't interrupt the flow?
Rob

By the time I get done modding my pro, you won't see any plastic from those ramps....lol.

#176 2 years ago

You can tell this game is going to play lightning fast just by looking at it. Star Wars is going to be a great game and I can't wait to play it.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yep agree with all of that ten fold. But this is the Star Wars Le we've been given for better or as it seems worse... and it's still an Le. It's limited!!! FMD

#179 2 years ago

F**k my dife?

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Yep agree with all of that ten fold. But this is the Star Wars Le we've been given for better or as it seems worse... and it's still an Le. It's limited!!! FMD

800 isn't exactly limited compared to some previous LE runs, but is something being limited regardless of production size and value for money really that desirable?

STLE is the benchmark for all LEs imo and unfortunately SWLE fell short of that benchmark. I am still in for an LE but I am more than likely going to drop down to a Premium and spend the extra cash on making some custom lite rails.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Aesthetically speaking, the metal ramps and ball guides are nicer than plastic ramps.

100% agreed. This, more than the added features, makes the Premium stand out. Plenty of classic games have plastic ramps and guides, but they'll always look cheaper and a little less "pinball" than metal.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

100% agreed. This, more than the added features, makes the Premium stand out. Plenty of classic games have plastic ramps and guides, but they'll always look cheaper and a little less "pinball" than metal.

I think a combination of plastic and metal actually looks better than all metal or all plastic for sure. Ghostbusters does this and Medieval Madness does it as well, metal ball guides and habitrails coming out of plastic ramp and plastic turns with a metal plate at the ramp base on the playfield. I like that design best.

#183 2 years ago

Yeah ive always liked plastic ramps better on modern games.

"less pinball" looking

#184 2 years ago

If SW ends up being the #1 selling pin many think it will be, there will be thousands and thousands of premiums and Pros. They will make them for years and years. The LE will remain very limited at only 800... STLE was 799 and yes there were many more added benefits but in terms of limited, the numbers are the same.

Many made means eventually many will hit the secondary market where prices should reduce. The LEs should hold their value fine. Heck I have heard only 20 are coming To Canada? That's one game for every 190,000 square miles - Man that's rare space!!!

The only mystery is if the code remains unfinished or incomplete for a long period of time or forever (like GBLE)...No one has played A premium/LE and no video of gameplay even on the pro. What is being hidden? Something doesn't smell right and it could be a large shit inside that nice looking LE cabinet... I sure hope not as I remain in on an LE.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If SW ends up being the #1 selling pin many think it will be, there will be thousands and thousands of premiums and Pros. They will make them for years and years. The LE will remain very limited at only 800... STLE was 799 and yes there were many more added benefits but in terms of limited, the numbers are the same.
Many made means eventually many will hit the secondary market where prices should reduce. The LEs should hold their value fine. Heck I have heard only 20 are coming To Canada? That's one game for every 190,000 square miles - Man that's rare space!!!
The only mystery is if the code remains unfinished or incomplete for a long period of time or forever (like GBLE)...No one has played A premium/LE and no video of gameplay even on the pro. What is being hidden? Something doesn't smell right and it could be a large shit inside that nice looking LE cabinet... I sure hope not as I remain in on an LE.

20 LEs doesn't seem to be a lot for Canada. But given the high price after conversion. It would be interesting to see how many will be sold.

The premium should outsell the LE easy. But the premium is pretty much what the LEs were not that long ago

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

20 LEs doesn't seem to be a lot for Canada. But given the high price after conversion. It would be interesting to see how many will be sold.
The premium should outsell the LE easy. But the premium is pretty much what the LEs were not that long ago

Of course the Premium will outsell the LE models long term as it is unlimited. For me it's interesting to see the breakdown for the initial orders.

#187 2 years ago

LEs all sold out in Canada.

#188 2 years ago

The price difference between a premium and LE is what, $1000US? At this price point I thought what the heck and get the LE.

Rob

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

LEs all sold out in Canada.

Are you 100% sure on this? If so I wonder what the breakdown would be on the location of each LE

#190 2 years ago

Are you 100% sure on this? If so I wonder what the breakdown would be on the location of each LE

Well it's not hard to figure out. The only Stern distributor in Canada is Playdium. Call them and see if they have any. If they say no then you will be sure 100%. Playdium may have sold to some other "non stern" distributors but not sure they would have any.

My understanding (being in on an LE at this point) is that all the LEs are spoken for and likely a waiting list.

For the extra $1500 Canadian that plaque is so nice looking. Non pinheads go crazy for it cause they think only 800 of the pins are made... period! They know nothing of pro and premium. That's over 95% of the public guys.... there's the value of an LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside