20%
  • I am not buying a Star Wars. 225 votes
    43%

(527 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SWHD (resized).jpg
FLHX custom (resized).png
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I will wait a year or two and see how the code/gameplay shakes out. I'm guessing that the pro will be just as fun as the Premium/LE.

The pro will be fun for sure. Just as fun? Well, yes all pinball is damn fun!!!

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The Avengers tho.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The Avengers tho.

Avengers isn't that bad...Do I want one? Nope.

I am sure the Hyperdrive and exploding Death Star are fun elements. I also think it will be fun to frame and backlight the other two translites. Well maybe not, just fun to look at them.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I will wait a year or two and see how the code/gameplay shakes out. I'm guessing that the pro will be just as fun as the Premium/LE.

lane gate - meh

cracking death star - been done before. (however, an effect like Namco's Quick and Crash's exploding cup would have been insanely awesome

)

hyperspeed loop - ok, now that's pretty cool. I hope they integrate it well.

jump gate - believe it or not, this is probably what convinces me to get a Prem over a Pro. Destroying the death star in DESW is such a satisfying shot - jumping off a ramp into the death star will be even better!

#105 6 years ago

I put in an order for a Premium earlier today.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I thought the Premium/LE looked a bit sparse and boring. Then, I saw the Pro.

I hope I'm wrong.

#107 6 years ago

From Stern...

We are beginning production of Star Wars Pro now, and games should be coming off our line in June.  The LE will begin early in July, with some export Premiums in July also.  Then we will continue production with more Premiums.

#108 6 years ago

Awesome - Would love to get the LE before I leave for Pinburgh!

#109 6 years ago

34% of the buyers are LE here.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thus far, the poll suggests pinsiders may be in for $1.1 million of star wars games, half mil in prem and le. I'm in on a pro. I used 5400, 7300 and 8300 for pro, prem and le, respectively.
Wonder how that compares to DI? Anyone aware of a poll on that one?

1500 sold thus far x $9000 is $13.5 million roughly. I have no doubt DI will sell it's 2500 units when it gets more out there for people to see and play it. The LE model with Invisiglass, shaker, lit ramps, powerdercoat, etc is strictly 2500 and done, standards are obviously unlimited.

#111 6 years ago

After reading the SW thread I gave up my SW LE and am buying Hobbit.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Make sure that you like Hobit first. We were keen on a Hobit until we played it. Not for us.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Make sure that you like Hobit first. We were keen on a Hobit until we played it. Not for us.

pinballaddicted are u addicted to anything else, I'm thinking something powerful, its Hobbit with 2 b's and he was joking.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

pinballaddicted are u addicted to anything else, I'm thinking something powerful, its Hobbit with 2 b's and he was joking.

All good! Thanks. I am not so good with sarcasm.

#115 6 years ago

226 total games and 79 LE models. Keep voting! Seems that typically Pinside collections account for about 40% of the available LEs, so we have a long ways to go.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

226 total games and 79 LE models. Keep voting! Seems that typically Pinside collections account for about 40% of the available LEs, so we have a long ways to go.

Pinside/collectors market easily accounts for more than 5% of games sold, every time I hear that comment it makes me laugh

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pinside/collectors market easily accounts for more than 5% of games sold, every time I hear that comment it makes me laugh

When Ghostbusters was unveiled, 220 of the 500 LE models were accounted for in the poll. Not scientific, but your numbers don't add up. Look at the numbers of Met or AC/DC in Pinside collections. If you are saying that 95% more exist, you are saying that Stern has already exceeded Addams Family sales records many times.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When Ghostbusters was unveiled, 220 of the 500 LE models were accounted for in the poll. Not scientific, but your numbers don't add up. Look at the numbers of Met or AC/DC in Pinside collections. If you are saying that 95% more exist, you are saying that Stern has already exceeded Addams Family sales records many times.

I think you misread his post - he was in agreement that Pinside buys a lot of the LEs. I think Gary had made a comment in the past that Pinside buyers only account for 5% of sales, but I don't know if that was specifically in regards to LEs or just in general. Regardless, it's a dumb statement because it's impossible to determine the actual percentage.

#119 6 years ago

So let's just look at the Pro models. 260 Ghostbusters Pro models are in Pinside collections. If that was only 5% of sales, Stern would have sold 5,200 Giostbsuters pro. Really??

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So let's just look at the Pro models. 260 Ghostbusters Pro models are in Pinside collections. If that was only 5% of sales, Stern would have sold 52,000 Giostbsuters pro

5,200 I think.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

5,200 I think.

Ha edited.

#122 6 years ago

My theory:

Pinside roughly accounts for:

Globally

40% of LE buyers

30% of Premium buyers

15% of Pro buyers

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My theory:
Globally
40% of LE buyers
30% of Premium buyers
15% of Pro buyers

don't forget that a lot of operators are also members here.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

don't forget that a lot of operators are also members here.

For sure. I consider them buyers.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My theory:
Globally
40% of LE buyers
30% of Premium buyers
15% of Pro buyers

I think that's a pretty good ballpark. On SW I think WAY more are going Premium this time.

#126 6 years ago

If I ever decided to buy a NIB It would be the Premium as I like that the most as far as the artwork however I think I would use the PRO backglass as that has the most classic picture of all the characters.

#127 6 years ago

I hope to make a decision after the expo. I hope they have pro and premium but am leaning towards the pro. Mainly because I really don't want to spend the extra $$ and I like the backglass and cabinet the best on pro. I own other pro's and are happy with them.

#128 6 years ago

237 future Star Wars owners have weighed in. Surprised there isn't more premium so far.

17% going Pro

48% Premium

35% Limited Edition

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

237 future Star Wars owners have weighed in. Surprised there isn't more premium so far.
17% going Pro
48% Premium
35% Limited Edition

...because the LE is so pretty.

But honestly, even as an LE buyer, I think the premium looks wonderful and I'd be proud to own it. BUT...the only thing I don't like is how different the right side looks compared to the front and left side. So much darker...like it doesn't belong.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

the only thing I don't like is how different the right side looks compared to the front and left side. So much darker...like it doesn't belong.

I agree, so much so that I really pondered spending the extra cash for the LE... But in the end settled on a premium, you won't see much of the side in my room anyway.

#131 6 years ago

I was thinking the same thing as Boob and jrock above then I came to my senses and realized that an extra $3k for art I want is crazy talk and $2k extra should indeed come with a kick-ass right side as well.
Hence the pro purchase which is awesomely balanced. (Dark and Light.)
If the gameplay of the premium ends up being "the best thing ever", I can always sell my pro and upgrade later.
At least I'll have two to three months of actually playing SW under my belt before I have to decide.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...because the LE is so pretty.
But honestly, even as an LE buyer, I think the premium looks wonderful and I'd be proud to own it. BUT...the only thing I don't like is how different the right side looks compared to the front and left side. So much darker...like it doesn't belong.

I have a deposit on an LE, but I do think the pro artwork is the best out of all 3 versions. All models are really nice, except the LE translite is kind of boring. It's grown on me and I don't dislike it like I first did, but I'd still swap it out for one of the other translites.

Rob

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have a deposit on an LE, but I do think the pro artwork is the best out of all 3 versions. All models are really nice, except the LE translite is kind of boring. It's grown on me and I don't dislike it like I first did, but I'd still swap it out for one of the other translites.
Rob

I thought Steve said something yesterday they may do something to lite up the LE back box better?

I am not holding my breath on that one.

#134 6 years ago

I thought Steve said something yesterday they may do something to lite up the LE back box better?

Stern accessory program?

#136 6 years ago

Cointaker will be all over that...

#137 6 years ago

In for an LE but I think I prefer the sling plastics on the Pro model, with C3PO and Chewie.
They're in just about the right place on the playfield, near the 4 selectable personalities, that it rounds out the "team" a little more. Fingers are crossed they might be included in the goody bag.

#138 6 years ago

If the goodie bag is anything like GB's, I'd wager most SW fans will be packin' a partial chubbie after they lift the PF for the first time and see that glorious pile of pin-plastic booty!

Added over 7 years ago: Edit: Nope! Big fat "screw you" for SW goodie bag.
The only cool keyfob is the X-Wing which would probably break immediately. Everything else is barely phoned in.
Bummer.

#139 6 years ago

Stern is certainly packing a partial chub on this one. This thing could look like Bantha fodder and play like a crane machine and fans would justify buying one.

So who is breaking out their dusty action figure case and modding the crap out of it?

#140 6 years ago

I went back to the video and saw that too. But yeah, definitely no promises there, but it's nice to see they will at least try.

Rob

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

In for an LE but I think I prefer the sling plastics on the Pro model, with C3PO and Chewie.
They're in just about the right place on the playfield, near the 4 selectable personalities, that it rounds out the "team" a little more. Fingers are crossed they might be included in the goody bag.

I don't know if the plastics shown are LE or Premium... In any case, they seem kind of indistinguishable in most of the pictures I have seen. Is it the art style or just bad pictures?

Rob

#142 6 years ago

I'm in on an LE as of now, but really keep thinking if it's worth it or not over the premium. Its a $1300 difference. We actually like the Le back glass better and the side rail, but really that's it. What are the odds a custom siderail is made for premium and what is the typical price on those?

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm in on an LE as of now, but really keep thinking if it's worth it or not over the premium. Its a $1300 difference. We actually like the Le back glass better and the side rail, but really that's it. What are the odds a custom siderail is made for premium and what is the typical price on those?

I would say if you're on the fence, hold off for a Premium. The LE models don't really provide good value, it's more about the fan-fare of having it first, and getting the "top model".
Probably if you're questioning the purchase, you're wise to wait and grab a Premium.
My opinion anyway.

#144 6 years ago

Yep very bad idea. The hobbit is a snooze fest at best. Owned mine for 3 weeks and wasn't easy to flip either.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Yep very bad idea. The hobbit is a snooze fest at best. Owned mine for 3 weeks and wasn't easy to flip either.

Respectfully disagree. Hobbit is a blast, and more code coming soon. One of the most immersive games ever IMO. I can only hope SW has the same level of immersion. Hobbit isn't for everybody though and I can respect that.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You made a good choice. An Le is an Le. It's limited. Not sure why some people are thinking it's not so good a purchase over the premium. They will making premiums and accompanying mods eg rails indefinitely. The premium art is also the worst art package of the 3. Nothing works visually there.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

You made a good choice. An Le is an Le. It's limited. Not sure why some people are thinking it's not so good a purchase over the premium. They will will making premiums and accompanying mods eg rails indefinitely. The premium art is also the worst art package of the 3. Nothing works visually there.

At first release, I was going premium after originally seeing the Le. I was like most, expecting a sith Le package and was disappointed. Was happy thinking I would save money with a premium. Then, after really looking at images better, something about the premium just doesn't look right. I can't figure out what, but it just doesn't. Found myself really liking the Le the most. Asked wife, and she admitted she liked the Le the most. I'm sure I'll stick with the Le as it just really visually appeals to me the most. I don't care about it being limited, but more about what I want a SW pin to look like I guess.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Ayone care to share their LE order price?

8600.00 in TX, my distro is telling me July for delivery

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

You made a good choice. An Le is an Le. It's limited. Not sure why some people are thinking it's not so good a purchase over the premium. They will making premiums and accompanying mods eg rails indefinitely. The premium art is also the worst art package of the 3. Nothing works visually there.

800 really isn't limited. They should have went 400 dark and 400 light LEs. At least they would be a LITTLE more limited that way.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

800 really isn't limited. They should have went 400 dark and 400 light LEs. At least they would be a LITTLE more limited that way.

400 are 60 hz and 400 are 50 hz so there's that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 10.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-which-model-are-you/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.