(Topic ID: 196281)

Star Wars: Whats your favorite mission and why?

By TheBigDog

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheBigDog
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Star wars is a great game, and choosing your own path makes it a lot of fun. So that we can learn from each other as we figure some stuff out, I'm wondering:
What is your favorite mission?
How do you get there?
how do you beat it?
and why is it your favorite?

So far my favorite is Escape the Death Star.
You can get there by choosing "Leia" and "light death star mission" on the 1st ball, then shooting the death star will allow you to choose "Escape the Death Star".
You beat it by shooting 3 inner loops and then an orbit (I think it is timed)
I love it because it is the only mission that I know that plays the "Imperial March" and the inner loops are wicked fast.

#2 6 years ago

Bump?

#3 6 years ago

Haven't played it enough to have favorite missions themselves, but for a beginner to the game I like to select R2D2, Light Death Star Missions, then backhand left ramp three times to light endor, then hit right ramp to start hyperspace hurryup, and then hit death star to collect hurryup and start both Death Star III and Endor III, both of which seem like not too hard modes. Usually I can complete both at once, and then I've got two MBs set up

#4 6 years ago

Escape the Rancor is neat, in that you have to shoot ramps, reminding me of the Gamorian guard trying to run back up the shoot that he slid down, trying to escape. -so the objectives "make sense" to me.
Still, I think I prefer the speeder bike chase, since you have to make shots quickly (like racing), or else you fall back a spot.
Genius!

#5 6 years ago

I manage to do the best on Hoth I. Cleared every time!

#6 6 years ago

I dig any mission that requires you to hit the drop targets, force targets, or three bank to break things up. I wish some also required a shot to the scoop.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I dig any mission that requires you to hit the drop targets, force targets, or three bank to break things up. I wish some also required a shot to the scoop.

Hoth 3 is awesome. I believe only Han can play it. Starts with the 3 bank only, must hit each target on the three bank then it goes to a loop I believe.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Haven't played it enough to have favorite missions themselves, but for a beginner to the game I like to select R2D2, Light Death Star Missions, then backhand left ramp three times to light endor, then hit right ramp to start hyperspace hurryup, and then hit death star to collect hurryup and start both Death Star III and Endor III, both of which seem like not too hard modes. Usually I can complete both at once, and then I've got two MBs set up

Thanks for that strategy. I turned off stacking modes when I got the game, because I thought it be to confusing while trying to learn the game, but I like your thinking and may turn them back on and try this!!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Escape the Rancor is neat, in that you have to shoot ramps, reminding me of the Gamorian guard trying to run back up the shoot that he slid down, trying to escape. -so the objectives "make sense" to me.
Still, I think I prefer the speeder bike chase, since you have to make shots quickly (like racing), or else you fall back a spot.
Genius!

The Gamorian Guards are the best, that's a nice analogy. I'm going to think about that next time I do that mission

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-whats-your-favorite-mission-and-why and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.