(Topic ID: 190368)

Star Wars VE

By mittens

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

(resized).jpg
    Hello McFly (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

So by now we have seen the Star Wars release (unintentional?) by Stern. I am just curious if a Vault Edition is due out soon? I'd like to see a little improved artwork and hopefully a fix to the hyper space ramp.

Should I go for the premium or wait a few more weeks for finished code and play field fixes ?

#2 6 years ago

right after TRON VE

#3 6 years ago

You have to kidding.... SW is just now released and you are asking about a VE.....???? Hold your horses. This run has not even shipped. If you are not happy with the artwork that was revealed there are many with you. IF there is to be a VE it will be a few years down the road.

Look at the new run of AC/DC...many were expecting some drastically different artwork. Didn't happen. SM VE made sense to do different artwork because there is a comic and the other was based off the movie. Unless Stern can work some magic to create custom art don't look for another version anytime soon.

It's kind of like Kiss...Stern missed an opportunity to really cash in BIG TIME....all they had to to was have 3-4 LE versions. A Hotter Than Hell , Dressed to Kill, Rock n Roll Over, and Destroyer versions would have sold like crazy just on artwork alone...I can almost guarantee there would have been several people getting multiple versions to collect them all.

No offense but the idea of a SW VE at this point is not realistic...your best bet is if you like the game will be to create your own artwork and re-decal one. At least that way you can get the version you like. And if you really want to go over the top buy an extra play field and make you own art... you can paint and re-clear or get an overlay made.

Now if SW is a HUGE hit like AC/DC then maybe in 4-5 years maybe a VE discussion is worthy.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

You have to kidding.... SW is just now released and you are asking about a VE.....???? Hold your horses. This run has not even shipped. If you are not happy with the artwork that was revealed there are many with you. IF there is to be a VE it will be a few years down the road.

No offense but the idea of a SW VE at this point is not realistic...your best bet is if you like the game will be to create your own artwork and re-decal one. At least that way you can get the version you like. And if you really want to go over the top buy an extra play field and make you own art... you can paint and re-clear or get an overlay made.
    Now if SW is a HUGE hit like AC/DC then maybe in 4-5 years maybe a VE discussion is worthy.

Hellooooo McFlyyyyyyy!
    Hello McFly (resized).pngHello McFly (resized).png

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Look at the new run of AC/DC...many were expecting some drastically different artwork. Didn't happen. SM VE made sense to do different artwork because there is a comic and the other was based off the movie. Unless Stern can work some magic to create custom art don't look for another version anytime soon.
    It's kind of like Kiss...Stern missed an opportunity to really cash in BIG TIME....all they had to to was have 3-4 LE versions. A Hotter Than Hell , Dressed to Kill, Rock n Roll Over, and Destroyer versions would have sold like crazy just on artwork alone...I can almost guarantee there would have been several people getting multiple versions to collect them all.

Your passionate denial tells me that SWVE is imminent!

#6 6 years ago

VE by Christmas.

#7 6 years ago

How about instead of a VE Stern does a REDO.

#8 6 years ago

in order to have a VE, the game has to be a a success and be in demand. This very well could go down the "i don't give a shit" path that 75% of the Sterns do.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in order to have a VE, the game has to be a a success and be in demand. This very well could go down the "i don't give a shit" path that 75% of the Sterns do.

What?

#10 6 years ago

I was totally only kidding gents

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

I was totally only kidding gents

SWVE is running along side SW production its called ACDCVE

People keep saying the layouts look identical/similair but its clear they are going to play totally different, SW looks like it could be insanely fast with that Hyperspace ramp, it might not look pretty but it looks like its going to be fun to flip.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How about instead of a VE Stern does a REDO.

I think everyone is hoping - wouldn't need a whole lot, but I think its the millennium falcon in the middle that needs to go and have a better background image.

#13 6 years ago

Seventy FIVE percent of Sterns people think are Meh. Want me to list all the titles that are just middle of the road or worse games in sterns lineup?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Seventy FIVE percent of Sterns people think are Meh. Want me to list all the titles that are just middle of the road or worse games in sterns lineup?

There is only one good Zaccaria

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

There is only one good Zaccaria

Mexico 86?

#16 6 years ago

Maybe this idea has some merit, perhaps Stern shoulda updated the DE version and issued that as a VE...

#17 6 years ago

lol. There are many. Zankor, Soccer kings, Pinball champ, Robot, locomotion, farfalla, Time machine, and probably mexico 86 from what I hear.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm sure Stern is very sorry to lose you and o-din as valued customers.

#19 6 years ago

Uh, that -is- the VE, Sega Star Wars Trilogy VE...

Come on, what's with the retro Sega inserts on GoT and this...

#20 6 years ago

It's kinda like Star Warts... Kinda fugly but you still wanna play with it... hahaha

(resized).jpg (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

lol. There are many. ...

WE all know you love them all...I was asking him!

Pool Champ is good with it's trolls, but Mexico 86 plays better

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

WE all know you love them all...I was asking him!
    Pool Champ is good with it's trolls, but Mexico 86 plays better

I don't know yet. My pool champion isn't up and running yet. Just came in 4 days ago. I heard Mexico 86 is awesome. but it's 1 of the 2 I still need to complete my full set of Gen 2's.

#23 6 years ago

I heard Star Wars VE is coming out right after 24 VE and WWE VE.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.