View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi guys, brand new to the world of pinball repair and I’m doing my Dad’s old machine, Star Wars Trilogy. The X-Wing cannon famously gave us trouble in the past, and has come back to haunt us - the fire coil appears to work fine, but the x-wing doesn’t return properly nor does the motor rotate it properly. Note, both coil wires and a reed switch wire on the mechanism have been “repaired.” Any ideas what it could be, e.g. a diode, the motor itself, wire obstructing the device? I have pics attached and just FYI this is somewhat of a rebuild/restore - finished the rubber ring kit and GI lamping, working on x-wing, next is magna diverter & one reed switch on the right plastic ramp. Thanks y’all

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2 2 years ago

Hi Drummer94,

Did you get a solution to your issue?

I have similar issue - the X-Wing stutters as it turns and sometimes even gets stuck. I’ve made sure everything’s tightened up but it’s like something is slipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-trilogy-x-wing-motor-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.