(Topic ID: 132877)

Star Wars Trilogy X-Wing Cannon help

By Stevemoerke

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stevemoerke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I need some help with my Star Wars Trilogy X-Wing Cannon. When I start the game it used to go back and forth I think 2 times and then stop in the home position. Now when I start the game I get an error message that says #18 X-Wing motor relay cannon malfunction. I have tried unplugging the relay that controls the x-wing and I still get the message. Then I tried unplugging the motor and I still get the message. What is it telling me when I get this message? Where do I start?

#4 8 years ago

Pinmot, thanks for the great detailed notes! I followed your instructions and neither of the switches were lit up in the star wars test mode. When I pressed both the switches nothing happened. So I went and checked my Rottendog pcb. Sure thing fuse F7 is blown. I put in a new F7 and it blows instantly when I power it up. I unplug the motor relay put in a new fuse and f7 still blows. I plug the relay back in and unplug the cannon motor and f7 still blows. I did the same thing with the #17 x-wing diverter and it still blows. It says that f7 is the low power coils. What else do I need to check? I am trying to find the other low power coils to check.

#5 8 years ago

Its alive! Thanks for all of the help. Of course there were 2 things wrong which is what had me confused. It is hard to trouble shoot a problem when you do not realize there is another problem preventing you from trouble shooting the 1st problem. 1. Yes the switches and x-wing were not in correct alignment so the x-wing was always searching for home and not stopping at home. What also confused me was why was the F7 fuse had blown on the Rottendog PCB. I was really convince I had lost either the x-wing motor or x-wing relay.

I couldn't believe It but there was also something going on with my 4 bank drop down targets which also share the f7 fuse with the x-wing, or by chance; one of the low power coils on one of the targets has gotten caught or stuck. I found this out by unplugging the 4 drop targets and putting in a new fuse. The fuse didn't blow and the x-wing started moving again! I reset all the targets, checked everything out, put in a new fuse and sure thing, the x-wing started searching again for the home position and I did not blow the F7 fuse on the PCB. Now that I got the x-wing moving again, I was able to follow pinmot's instructions above and get the x-wing's motor and levers to move to what should be the home position, turn off the game, and loosen the screw on the shaft that decided the position for the x-wing and put it in perfect alignment with the ramp. I tightened it up, turned on the machine, and had the full movement of the x-wing and it went to where the home position should be but didn't stop. I turned it off again and bent the switch that controls the home position until it would engage at home. It stopped!

Turned it back on and everything is working for now. My only concern now is why did I blow the f7 fuse with the 4 drop targets? Hopefully it was a fluke!

Thanks again,

Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stevemoerke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-trilogy-x-wing-cannon-help?tu=Stevemoerke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.