Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Metengo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Hello to all,

i want my next Pin and i would like a SciFi-Theme.
The new SW is absolutely overpriced and undertoyed, so i got an offer for the old one, which has three times more toys than Sterns.
OK, toys don´t make a pin. But i have never played the SWT, the rating is very poor and i want some more actual meanings (some of the rating comments are years ago).
On the other hand i got an offer for Revenge from Mars. This pin is very unique with the monitor and the shorter PF.

Price of both pins a nearly the same, the substance is more than good, both have some add-ons and the driving distance is identical.

I should buy ..... because ....?

Thank you.

#2 2 years ago

Rfm hands down. Star Wars trilogy will be fun for about a week. It will be a complete bore fest after 30 days and you will be looking to sell it.

#3 2 years ago

I like both machines, played SW at tournaments a lot but cannot say anything about longevity.

I own a beautiful RfM so i tend to vote for RfM.
I love the Pin2000 technology, in my opinion that was a real breaktrough in technology and it's so well tied into gameplay in RfM. Just very funny and charming. It's a basic fan layout and you progress linear through modes but the animations and excellent sound do keep it fresh for me, it just creates an awesome atmosphere!
Plus non pinhead guests just love this machine!
Cheers

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

which has three times more toys than Sterns.

Well, most of those toys are *actual* toys--they were the off-the-shelf toy vehicles available in the 90s. It always made me cringe that they did that. It looks kind of goofy to me.

As far as gameplay goes, RFM is a bit more engaging over a longer period of time because of its code.

If you really want a Star Wars game, DESW is the most desirable of the vintage star wars pins--if you can pry one out of someone's hands.

Also, don't forget about the Star Trek pins. DEST is around the same price point as SWT and RFM. Pinbot, BOP, and Jackbot might also be options with sci-fi themes, although Jackbot is usually considered the lesser of those three games.

#6 2 years ago

RFM all day long. Bally Williams classic and technological wonder vs. a shitty Sega pin.

#7 2 years ago

SWT is actually a terrible game. If you want a good SW , the best one is the DE one. RFM is superior to SWT all day long. THe DESW.....with the new roms....they are close to being tied.

#8 2 years ago

RFM. I love mine, it draws people in when they come over to play, and the video is well integrated. Make sure the computer system is solid for sure. There are also some nice mods available. As a side note, if you come across the SWE1 kit, you can have a SW pin on the same footprint as well.

#9 2 years ago

SWT is awful. RFM easily is the better game.

#10 2 years ago

I have owned both RFM was gone after a couple of months Star Wars Trilogy is still here and not leaving anytime soon. DE Star Wars is a clunkfest.

#11 2 years ago

I actually like SWT. It's great for a few minutes of mindless fun and i try to play a few games whenever i see one. That said, I'd probably never want to own one unless i had a very large collection.

Go with RFM. Great game and definitely better than STW for the long term.

#12 2 years ago

Thank you all for your answers.
Have made a decision

Only a picture from the old owner.
New australian decals, all electronic refurbished, all LED, Translite-Mod (Attract-Mode on, Play off) ...and..... powdercoated.
Ladies and Gentleman, here comes The Red-Planet-Edition

3 (resized).jpeg

#13 2 years ago

Uff that is blinding. Must be the Air Jordan 1 edition

#15 2 years ago

I would probably undo all those cabinet mods in a heartbeat. Radical departures from the original look don't usually appeal to me a whole lot. To me, it looks "ruined".

#16 2 years ago

Oh i would say i like it, but the door is too much for me. But the rest.... it´s a Pin about Aliens from Mars, so red is OK for me.
But i must say i am color blind.

Next to this pin i need now a SWE1 in Road-Show-blue

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so it all looks gray to you?

No but different. Color yes, but must not be the right one.
For example, this red is so bright, that i can see, it is red.
But most of the colors (in direction red green brown) i can not say which color it is.

#20 2 years ago

Hillary, come here! You gotta see this!

Love the red! Welcome to the club!

#21 2 years ago

Niiice!
Get the 3d translite from Henrik, pinballdreams, it‘s really beautiful! Other than that i think this RfM is maxed out
Congratulations

#23 2 years ago

Hello again.

The beauty in red is here now.
Everything works.
Now i have a use for my RfM-Flyer with the original autograph from Greg Freres .
He was in Germany some years ago as special guest of a convention.

One question to the experts here:

How can i reset the Highscores?
I don´t find it in the menu.
Thank you.

Greetings

3 weeks later
#24 2 years ago

Update and a question.

First, i found out: High Scores are not to reset (min. after 200 plays).
So i have to play better
My PF had an ugly damage at the SoL, so i found a better PF and swapped it.
Now i have a RfM in a very good condition.

The question: After Attack Mars my RfM starts from the beginning. So i think, Attack Mars is "Final Battle" or so. There is nothing more?

Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside