4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

More of a beginner on pinball repairs. Could really use some help. Sega star wars trilogy pinball. There's a couple issues going on. Not sure if they are all related. When you start multiball it seems there is 2 ways to load the xwing. The left ramp and the hole in the back. I'd say 99% of the time the left ramp is all good. But when you shoot for the hole in the back of the playfield a couple things happen. Periodically when the magnet picks up the ball it will not drop if in the ramp in the back loading the xwing. It will drop it in the ramp that dumps it into the playfield. If it does pull the ball to the correct ramp periodically the drop target won't go down. Also periodically the xwing will not move and give a alert on the display saying xwing malfunction. It's driving me insane and I feel like burning it to the ground and dancing around it. I still have to do a switch test. I can hear the switch click when the xwing goes to home position and the second one looks like where it's supposed to be, again I need to test it to make sure. I've noticed with the glass off and sending the ball by hand to test it Everytime I try to adjust it that when the xwing does not move, if I just push it just a little bit it starts to go. Is that a sign of the motor going bad? I have no problem buying a new motor but if I replaced it and had the same problem, well that would kinda suck. Any help would be appreciated. It seems on this topic the J7 connector is talked about m I tried unplugging and plugging back in to make sure it's getting good contact. It looks ok, but is this something that may be needs to be replaced? Again any help is appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-trilogy-problems- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.