• Latest reply 7 years ago by pinokieyo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_20161112_192151 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Okay - pulled the assembly apart... No big deal there. Got the magnet assembly subframe. Looks like the magnet is a larg bolt running though the coil. I have a new coil, new magnet - but I can not get the old assembly apart. How in the world does the old magnet come out. I've tried unscrewing it, not a budge. I tried pressing it out... nothing. I am lost in terms of what's next... thoughts????

#2 7 years ago

thumbnail_20161112_192151 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20161112_192151 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Not sure about your exact problem removing the core but that's what it is called - "core".

The magnetic effect is generated when the coil of wire is activated and it creates a magnetic field which is transferred to the ball via the "core".

So you are not dealing with a magnet - it's usually just a lump of iron. I would try freeze spray but others will probably have better suggestions.

#4 7 years ago

That threaded bolt (core) you see in the picture runs through the coil there and I can't remove the coil until I remove that bolt... The bottom of the core is not holding onto the ball - it's all mashed up - so I have a replacement core and coil but is it pressed into the bracket???

#5 7 years ago

You gotta take a large screwdriver and screw it through the coil, it may only come out one way since the other side is mashed up. May have to put it in a vise.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks Tmezel... Sure enough, it required alot of torque... I ended up taking it to an exhaust shop figuring they have dealt with the worst bolts of anybody... They got it out but did have to bust the welds on the top... and subsequently fixed the welds I'll post pics tomorrow.

#7 7 years ago

Congrats on getting this fixed. Hope I don't have to fix mine anytime soon, it seems like a pain. sorry this is a late post but just for future reference or anyone else finding this link, I had to replace a similar bolt in my stern spiderman doc ock magnet and could not get it to budge. I found a post here on pinside that recommended heating it with a hair dryer for a few minutes to loosen it up. I tried it and it worked!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-trilogy-pinball-magnet-diverter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.