• Latest reply 1 year ago by epeabs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220607_172616 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Recently purchased this SWT, played one game and everything seemed to work correctly. Did a light shop on it with slingshot assemblies replaced, flippers rebuilt and a few coil sleeves changed out. Set the game up at my friends and the left flipper isn't working. All fuses are good and properly amped, and flipper buttons and EOS seemed gapped equivalent (I cleaned the flipper switches with alcohol on a cotton swab). I had placed both flipper assemblies on Molex connectors. If I connect each flipper connector to the opposite flipper coil, they both seem to work. If I connect them back properly, the left doesn't work. Although occasionally when pressing the left button, the flipper mech "wiggles" a little bit but doesn't flip. I left the game to do some research. My friend called me to say he fired the game back up and played two full games and everything worked fine, then he lost the left flipper. He hit both flipper buttons simultaneously and both flippers worked, then he lost the left flipper. I'm a bit stumped at the moment. Anyone have any thoughts?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Anyone have any thoughts?

Left flipper has a bad connection somewhere.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Left flipper has a bad connection somewhere.
LTG : )

Yes. Thinking there is a loose connection or something . My friend elaborated - when hitting both flipper buttons at the same time, they both work, and then with buttons still pressed in, the left flipper drops to resting position, the right one stays up. He tried connecting the flipper mechs to the opposite Molexes and the opposite occurs.

#4 1 year ago

Wow. Found my problem. Down in the coindoor switch area, I didn't take a good enough picture. I connected a connecter together that obviously was grounding something out. The connectors looked like they went together. My bad, they don't. Pulled it apart and the game plays awesome.

20220607_172616 (resized).jpg20220607_172616 (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago

Damn. Spoke too soon. Still an intermittent issue. Back to the drawing board.

#6 1 year ago

I recently developed the same issue with my TFTC. Can’t figure it out either but haven’t had time to really look into it. Hope you figure it out.

#7 1 year ago

I think the issue is fixed. Most of the time in pinball it tends to be something stupid or simple. I ended up reseating most of the board connectors and the ribbon cables, and adjusting the shooter lane switch since it started auto firing. Not sure if it was any one thing that caused the issue, but I'm not going to rethink it too hard. Game is playing very well right now and the left flipper has not ceased to flip once.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-trilogy-left-flipper-intermittent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.