Star Wars Trilogy game play question--SOLVED

By papazit1963

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

For anyone familiar with SWT..Help me out here please. During the mode where you're supposed to "trip the imperial somethings"- the shot from the x-wing fighter to the rollover switch just above the drop targets, does your x-wing actually shoot the ball out? Ever since I've had this game mine won't shoot the ball. Sometimes it will shoot it as the x-wing swings back up, but even that's rare. It usually has to time out and them randomly shoot it. Now, my x-wing gun works perfect in all other modes, swings and shoots right when you push the button. It's just this mode that freaks out. It sounded like a software/code problem to me so I ordered new ROM's and no change. Does anybody else have this problem with this game?

Thanks, Mike

#2 10 years ago

Mike,
There's a switch that keeps the X-Wing cannon from firing too soon. It's underneath the pf in the assembly and is a bit of a pain to get correctly adjusted. I think the idea was to keep the cannon from breaking the ramp by firing too early.
Trial and error will eventually get it right.

#3 10 years ago

Are you talking about one of the switches on the x-wing itself below the PF? Like the "home" switch? If so, those are all adjusted correctly. Like I said the cannon works fine in all modes except this one. During this mode only it will not shoot at all during it's downward swing, sometimes during the upward swing and usually never until it times out and shoots the ball out just to clear the cannon. Is there another switch that I'm missing? Where? Thanks for the help!

Mike

#4 10 years ago

From memory, On the shaft that holds the X-Wing, I think that there is a cam below the playfield that has a switch that rides against it. I believe that switch determines when the cannon can fire. And I think the cannon can only fire at the drop targets. I'm not sure what else you are trying to shoot at. Or, why it would not shoot during certain modes.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Tom

#5 10 years ago

Yes, the X-Wing switch below the playfield.

I still think that it may be the switch, even though it is working in other modes. In the other modes, you shoot much later in the swing. If you try and hit the trigger too soon it does make it lock out for a bit which may be what you are experiencing. Try hitting the trigger at different times in different modes - glass off to help get the modes - and see what happens.

There may also be a cracked wire which may have an intermittent effect on your X-Wing.

That's all I got...

#6 10 years ago

Tom,
There is a mode which you get a Jackpot by firing the ball into the lane above the Tie Fighter drops.
Very tight shot and hard to get.

#7 10 years ago

OK. Good things to check. It's the "not working only in that mode" that may be throwing me off. I'll dig into it and check for that switch. I'll let you all know. Thanks again!

Mike

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

Tom,
There is a mode which you get a Jackpot by firing the ball into the lane above the Tie Fighter drops.
Very tight shot and hard to get.

Bingo. Very tight shot indeed.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

Mike,
There's a switch that keeps the X-Wing cannon from firing too soon. It's underneath the pf in the assembly and is a bit of a pain to get correctly adjusted. I think the idea was to keep the cannon from breaking the ramp by firing too early.
Trial and error will eventually get it right.

Lee. You nailed it. It was one of the 2 switces below the mech. Very fine adjustment allowed the cannon to fire a bit earlier. Thanks so much!

Mike

#10 10 years ago

Glad it finally worked out. Like I said, it's a bit of a pain to get it just right.

#11 10 years ago

Yes it is. I tweaked the switch about half a mm, got worse, then tweaked it back the other way 1 mm--bingo. Thanks again!

Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-trilogy-game-play-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.