(Topic ID: 217744)

*SPOILERS* Star Wars: SOLO (questions and spoilers)

By LoveNeverDiesGuy

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by LoveNeverDiesGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

61E89622-FF04-4280-8565-CAC174E4E35C (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Paul-Bettany-Solo-A-Star-Wars-Story-Ron-Howard (resized).jpg
Bossk (resized).png
636619047081345689-HanSolo5acad0ee2269a (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

2 serious questions.
1.Was Lando "banging" his robot?
2.Why did they have to release the escape pod?
636619047081345689-HanSolo5acad0ee2269a (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

He released the escape pod to get the monster to follow it and get closer to the gravity well so they could get away.

#3 1 year ago

Was that Darth Maul at the end and what was his deal with end story?

#4 1 year ago

Did anyone see Anthony Daniels. Wasn't he suppose to be in the film?

#5 1 year ago

It was and you may have noticed he now has metal legs. He was the leader of the Crimson Dawn

#6 1 year ago

Anthony Daniels played one of the wookies.

#7 1 year ago

Anybody notice the idol from Raiders in Dryden's office? Right under the huge crystal skull ornament.

I was worried about the potential "groan" moments that were so prevalent in the prequels. I didn't cringe once and pretty much enjoyed all the origins.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

It was and you may have noticed he now has metal legs. He was the leader of the Crimson Dawn

That is so awesome. I thought it might have been Darth Maul's brother or relative. I didn't spot the metal legs.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

Anybody notice the idol from Raiders in Dryden's office? Right under the huge crystal skull ornament.
I was worried about the potential "groan" moments that were so prevalent in the prequels. I didn't cringe once and pretty much enjoyed all the origins.

Did anyone spot the Red Mandalorian armor in the office? What was that about?

#10 1 year ago

Thought it was interesting the quick shout out for Bossk, but didn't know who the twins were when mentioned?
Bossk (resized).png

#11 1 year ago

I also liked that Han shot first.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

I also liked that Han shot first.

Yeah...I spotted that at the ending. It was quick and well done.

#13 1 year ago

Dryden was a good fresh villain for the Star Wars universe.
Did his scars get redder when he got angry? I couldn't really tell.
Paul-Bettany-Solo-A-Star-Wars-Story-Ron-Howard (resized).jpg

#14 1 year ago

Saw it last night. It wasn’t as good as Rogue One, but so much better then Last Jedi.
Ron Howard scores a touch down when I thought it was going to be a punt at first with the worm leader at the slave orphanage. Great display of effects and props. Good Movie.

#15 1 year ago

I will be seeing this movie again this weekend. Been hearing a lot of whispers about KATHLEEN KENNEDY. Not sure if they are all true, but happy to keep the franchise going for others to enjoy.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

It’s hard to cringe when you are asleep.

#17 1 year ago

As time goes by the movie seems even stupider and more pointless on the rare moments I actually think about it.

So Han started the rebellion. Did they REALLY have to throw that in there at the last minute to try give this featherweight movie some heft?

Way worse than last Jedi. Sorry folks.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So Han started the rebellion. Did they REALLY have to throw that in there at the last minute to try give this featherweight movie some heft?

Yes, because EVERYTHING in SW has to be related to previous shit...which is (well maybe 'was' now) the problem with the whole thing.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

but didn't know who the twins were when mentioned?

The Tanaka sisters. They're spies, and were spotted really briefly at Mos Eisley, potentially giving up the whereabouts of Luke/droids in A New Hope. It's a really deep cut, I only know of their existence through a SW card game I played when I was a kid.

pasted_image (resized).png
#20 1 year ago

Nvm, it was a reference to the Zan sisters from Shadows of the empire. I apparently heard it wrong in the theater.

#21 1 year ago

I dont think Lando was banging his droid. I think the droid just had a high opinion of herself. Think it was suppose to be humorous. Thought it was a pretty good flick.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

I dont think Lando was banging his droid. I think the droid just had a high opinion of herself. Think it was suppose to be humorous. Thought it was a pretty good flick.

He sure was upset when “she” got shot. I don’t remember being that emotional when my toaster broke.

But then I’m not having sex with the toaster either.

#23 1 year ago

Going tonight,
Checking this post later.

#24 1 year ago

Saw it yesterday and was impressed overall. Good integration into the saga.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Saw it yesterday and was impressed overall. Good integration into the saga.

I think the reincarnation of Darth Maul was dumb and was unexpected. That dude was CUT IN HALF. But I guess I have the Cartoon
Star Wars Rebels to blame for regurgitating that character that should have been dead back up. It would have seemed better if the hologram
and story line played with her talking to the Emperor or Vader.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I think the reincarnation of Darth Maul was dumb and was unexpected. That dude was CUT IN HALF. But I guess I have the Cartoon
Star Wars Rebels to blame for regurgitating that character that should have been dead back up. It would have seemed better if the hologram
and story line played with her talking to the Emperor or Vader.

I think making the big “wow!” Callback in this movie a character nobody cares about from a movie everybody hates pretty much sums up how off the mark Solo is.

#27 1 year ago

The train scene was intense. That was where I knew the movie took a turn for the better. The whole set up and delivery sparked my interest to keep watching.

How does Han speak Wookie?

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He sure was upset when “she” got shot. I don’t remember being that emotional when my toaster broke.
But then I’m not having sex with the toaster either.

Lol.....clearly you have been buying the wrong toasters then....

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Lol.....clearly you have been buying the wrong toasters then....

61E89622-FF04-4280-8565-CAC174E4E35C (resized).jpeg

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Nvm, it was a reference to the Zan sisters from Shadows of the empire. I apparently heard it wrong in the theater.

Thanks. Is Shadows of the Empire considered "Cannon"?

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

2 serious questions.
1.Was Lando "banging" his robot?

Yup, saw the movie again over the weekend. Lando was definitely bangin his robot (droid).
I did like how Aurra Sing was "pushed" and the fall was what killed her from Dexter. What was the name of the planet Dexter wanted to get to with his girl and was there something about an instrument to be played?

Seeing Dexter "field strip" the blaster and give it to Han was a remarkable moment.

Crazy how this film isn't getting the large crowds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Bright Lights Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 299.00
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside