07566634-30D2-4802-BEEC-BF664B542546 (resized).jpeg
B3D6130F-88C8-492C-BD5D-073E5706C99A (resized).jpeg
20220102_175408 (resized).jpg
A6539221-AB1A-4C8F-8B09-5BAB610DE3A5 (resized).jpeg
6216A4BA-4C71-4858-B6DE-E67F3030A538 (resized).jpeg
91F1D7A9-2913-49AB-887B-2A7D266BBBA1 (resized).jpeg
DC2F6D21-756D-4955-994E-EDD06639B6DF (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hi guys i need a little help…Is this a no brainer? Is Mando the better machine ? I love star wars and the sounds, call outs and so on are so nice in the st pin. But in Mando you have a more populated playfield. More bang for the buck?
And is the comic edition worth the extra dollar.
Thanks and cheers

First world problems..

#2 2 years ago

Both games are great. In my opinion, the original Stern Star Wars game has more to do deeper in the game and is a little bit harder. I also think the Stern Star Wars game is a bit more "Flowy". Both games are fun, but if you have kids under 12 100% go Mando for the more kid friendly theme. Were it me and I was interested in both titles, I'd snag the first one that came up at a good price.

I think you'd have more fun with Mando at first, but Star Wars would have the longer shelf life.

Can't go wrong.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks so much SantaEatsCheese !

#4 2 years ago

I own both and prefer Mandalorian

#5 2 years ago

Star Wars pro all day long

#6 2 years ago

Own both. Mando is better. IMO better art, better shots, better humor, better music, better call outs, just better

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Hi guys i need a little help…Is this a no brainer?...

If you like the multiplier system on SW it's a no brainier for the win.
Comic version is kind of cool but kind of cheesy. Might be worth couple hundy more.

#8 2 years ago

Both of these games have major flaws but I would take Star Wars any day over Middleorian. It would become tiresome very quickly in home use due to the endless repetition of shooting up the middle.

Star Wars' major flaws are that horrible dumb plunge into a wall of standups and drain 3 times in a row launch, and the frustrating drains in general, but it's a much better game altogether that held my interest longer.

#9 2 years ago

Probably needs a poll

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Star Wars' major flaws are that horrible dumb plunge into a wall of standups and drain 3 times in a row launch,...

Not on the pro at least. I think Mando is the same on every level

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not on the pro at least. I think Mando is the same on every level

That upper playfield on Mando though...ugh...

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

That upper playfield on Mando though...ugh...

Oh duh, yeah thats a big obvious one

#13 2 years ago

Thanks for all the info poll added

#14 2 years ago

I own both SW pro and mando pro . And happy to have both, but if one had to go... SW would be the keeper! Glad I don’t have to make that decision. Can’t go wrong with either one!
GL with your decision .
freddy

#15 2 years ago

Star Wars = Barren IMO Comic edition so not worth it...

Mando = ugly with those crossover plastic ramps (Mando is newer & is slightly the better choice; but personally I'd go with a nice Data east star wars)

#16 2 years ago

I own both as well. SW pro will end up being the keeper for many of the reasons stated in previous posts.

#17 2 years ago

You are all smoking if you think the comic art is cheesy. Totally bad ass. Buy both and put them side by side!

DC2F6D21-756D-4955-994E-EDD06639B6DF (resized).jpegDC2F6D21-756D-4955-994E-EDD06639B6DF (resized).jpeg
#18 2 years ago

Can I vote SW premium?

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

You are all smoking if you think the comic art is cheesy.

Uff that speaker grill is smoking something itself

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

You are all smoking if you think the comic art is cheesy. Totally bad ass. Buy both and put them side by side!
[quoted image]

Like this!

6216A4BA-4C71-4858-B6DE-E67F3030A538 (resized).jpeg6216A4BA-4C71-4858-B6DE-E67F3030A538 (resized).jpeg91F1D7A9-2913-49AB-887B-2A7D266BBBA1 (resized).jpeg91F1D7A9-2913-49AB-887B-2A7D266BBBA1 (resized).jpegA6539221-AB1A-4C8F-8B09-5BAB610DE3A5 (resized).jpegA6539221-AB1A-4C8F-8B09-5BAB610DE3A5 (resized).jpeg
#21 2 years ago
#22 2 years ago

I have them both. SW Pro is my favorite. Mando Pro is great too! Both excellent choices for SW fans.

#23 2 years ago

Thanks, this helped me a lot, ST pro was getting so much hate… i am picking up one tommorrow finally a second machine in my gameroom.
That looks amazing freddy the cabinet of the ST looks great and are that jet fighters mods on the playfield? Looks great and the art blades to

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Thanks, this helped me a lot, ST pro was getting so much hate… i am picking up one tommorrow finally a second machine in my gameroom.
That looks amazing freddy the cabinet of the ST looks great and are that jet fighters mods on the playfield? Looks great and the art blades to

Confused. SW vs MANDO and you went with ST (Star Trek)? That’s sac relig in some areas of the world but ST is a great game

#25 2 years ago

I’d rather have a SW home pin

#26 2 years ago

Oeps sorry and im not even new to the hobby..Eskaybee

Star trek is great indeed but i meant SW
Tomorrow finally 2 games in the house

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Star Wars = Barren IMO Comic edition so not worth it...
Mando = ugly with those crossover plastic ramps (Mando is newer & is slightly the better choice; but personally I'd go with a nice Data east star wars)

$200 fixed those ramps.. Mando all day.

20220102_175408 (resized).jpg20220102_175408 (resized).jpg
#28 2 years ago

I don't want to slam Mando, I was pretty excited to play it initially, but it just did not click with me. Shooting up the center just does not feel rewarding, and is way overused.

SW however is very underrated imo. I think the option for mode stacking to default on was a bummer, but it can be disabled, or you can just choose to only play single modes at a time. I think SW actually had some of the most well done modes of recent machines. Theme integration with the video, sounds, and music is top notch.

The multiplier system I have a love-hate thing going on with - it's fun, but it can be annoying, and the constant need to shoot the standup to avoid your multiplier timing out is both unique, and frustrating if you like to trap up and play controlled like I do. You can ignore it, but where's the fun in that? Moving a high multiplier around quickly to make huge scoring shots is really awesome when you nail it though.

#29 2 years ago

SW flawed but always have fun playing it. First impressions of Mando not so good. Might be fun after more plays but SW definitely better shooter.

#30 2 years ago

Apples and oranges

I love love love both of them like they are my children. I will say that Premium/LE is the only way to go for both(features are way worth it)

Both are excellent and if I had to choose between the two-Star Wars LE would win by a hair.

What about comic version? Do you keep your games or trade them like baseball cards? If you keep your games and love Star Wars then pop for comic version, if you will eventually sell or trade-then what is the point?

Star Wars LE and Mandalorian LE are in my top 5-both are epic games and I highly recommend

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I don't want to slam Mando, I was pretty excited to play it initially, but it just did not click with me. Shooting up the center just does not feel rewarding, and is way overused.
SW however is very underrated imo. I think the option for mode stacking to default on was a bummer, but it can be disabled, or you can just choose to only play single modes at a time. I think SW actually had some of the most well done modes of recent machines. Theme integration with the video, sounds, and music is top notch.
The multiplier system I have a love-hate thing going on with - it's fun, but it can be annoying, and the constant need to shoot the standup to avoid your multiplier timing out is both unique, and frustrating if you like to trap up and play controlled like I do. You can ignore it, but where's the fun in that? Moving a high multiplier around quickly to make huge scoring shots is really awesome when you nail it though.

BINGO!

#32 2 years ago

Some of the line ups you guys have! Insane..great stuff!
Im a happy camper with the two i have and will be saving up for the third.
The flow and sounds of SW are great. I already know im gonna keep it.
And one day i would like to own a GOT prem or pro.

Thanks for all the comments and advice

07566634-30D2-4802-BEEC-BF664B542546 (resized).jpeg07566634-30D2-4802-BEEC-BF664B542546 (resized).jpegB3D6130F-88C8-492C-BD5D-073E5706C99A (resized).jpegB3D6130F-88C8-492C-BD5D-073E5706C99A (resized).jpegB85BBE44-C953-443F-B0DD-6A8FE6183E01 (resized).jpegB85BBE44-C953-443F-B0DD-6A8FE6183E01 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#33 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Hi guys i need a little help…Is this a no brainer? Is Mando the better machine ? I love star wars and the sounds, call outs and so on are so nice in the st pin. But in Mando you have a more populated playfield. More bang for the buck?
And is the comic edition worth the extra dollar.
Thanks and cheers
First world problems..

I was turned away by the pro version of star wars. And as luck would have it there are no premiums, or comic art versions to play in my area so I cannot form an opinion. If you are an absolute master player, you might find the pro acceptable, but myself and friends of mine that are way better players than I am all find it a drain monster in general.

Now I do agree with the bang for buck, the mando pro does have more going on, and I can see with time the code will get better. Star wars has a little more code maturity.

Honestly if I did not get the mando le, I wouldnt own the pro or premium due to the artwork. I would rate the artwork on the mando le to be one of sterns very best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 19.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-vs-mando-pro?hl=ronswanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.