Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pro or LE/PREM”

• Pro is basically he same game save your $$ 74 votes
    50%
  • Gotta get the extra features worth it! 73 votes
    50%

(147 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure where I should post my mini review of both versions, so I'll just leave it here. I know I'm gonna piss off Some people with this review but I'm a stern fan, Ritchie fan, and Dwight fan; but sometimes I just have to call it like I see it....
I wasn't too impressed with SW PRO but it was still Fast, with some fun aspects and good flow. The horseshoe shot is great, the captive hyperspace shot is great, and the shots overall feel good. I think there's a little too much side to side movement in the ball that causes a conflict with some of the mode timers at times but not a big deal. Overall not a bad stern pro. There is something missing though in this game though, see below after my LE review for more on that...
Watching the hyperdrive in videos gave me hope that what SW was missing would be made up for with the hyperdrive. I was mistaken. now this could be the gamesetup I played on location, it was setup fairly steep (level bubble halfway between top line which, from my experience is approx 6.8-6.9 dig pitch); but after reading other reviews there seemed to be a lot of similarities. First and foremost, the hyperdrive shot itself bricked...a lot. And I was hitting it dead on. When you finally make it and it takes, it is a really cool experience. I once had two balls going at once which was extremely cool until one flew off and my third ball bricked the hyperdrive shot...again....ending the hyperspace experience. One time the ball came flying off the ramp into the shooter lane. Overall, the shot felt clunky but was a satisfying toy when it took.
Next is the wire form ramp in front of the flippers - I don't care who you are, the ramp is abtrusive and in the way. Maybe 30% of the time i didn't notice and/or it didn't bother me, but overall it was very irritating and getting in the way.
Both versions are missing something....code! I know it's early, and the rules actually are really good and I like the rules. But the overall code is so unpolished, so lack luster. There's lots of cool sound effects for modes and such but not character or theme interaction with what's going on. The game needs some call outs on top of the sound effect transitions to immerse the playe more into the theme. The lack of mode instructions on the display was a downer too.
And the outlane save on the LE, forge about it. It's like it was originally going to be a magma 'force' save but got scrapped for a flimsy diverter.
Overall, it's Still on early code and if Dwight dedicates his life to this game, he and he alone can save it. Rules are great. But polish and integration are heavily lacking.
I like the idea of the hyperdrive and if it wasn't so clunky and annoyingly blocking vision, I'd say the PREM is a must go if I had to choose. But the pro seemed to play better for the reasons stated on the hyperdrive. So right now, pro wins in my book for better gameplay. But, I'm begging Dwight if he's out there to follow through with this pin and make it the best it deserves to be - I hope stern gives him the time and resources to bring it up a few notches.
After playing the dialed In next to it, the LE felt like a pro, and the pro felt like a home pin. Sorry if this sounds like a harsh review; it's just my initial opinions of both versions after a few hours of play on both.

appreciate your honesty, even as a self admitted Stern lover. Nice to see

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-vs-leprem?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.