(Topic ID: 204047)

Star Wars Pro Right Scoop sends ball SDTM every time!

By kkmaggie17

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am a first time pinball machine owner and new to this forum. My brand new Stern Star Wars Pro machine arrived yesterday. So far I love it, but without fail EVERY SINGLE TIME the ball goes into the right scoop, it is sent SDTM and I lose it. I've tried every position with the flippers to stop its path and absolutely nothing works. So I can't even do the Tatooine missions. I read some messages in an old post "Star Wars Bugs" about this but didn't want to post there because I thought no one would see it. Therefore I'm starting a new post. I saw 2 options on that post: (1) turning down the scoop power and (2) adjusting the torque on the scoop. Can someone tell me how to get into a menu or whatever that would allow me to adjust the factory settings to lower the scoop power to 30 (I saw that recommended)? If that doesn't work, I'm quite afraid to open the machine at all and don't want to mess with moving physical parts - I have a 3 year warranty and that would probably inactivate my warranty. I don't think I can 'claim' this is something 'wrong' with the machine (but it sure sounds like it wasn't meant to be this way); therefore, I can't really use my service agreement to have someone come out and 'fix' it. ANY HELP or instructions would be so greatly appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

You can adjust the strength of the kickout coil to affect its trajectory.

This has been a problem on Stern games forever and it's just bizarre. I can't understand why after all these years they STILL can't come up with consistent kickout mechs that don't send the ball down the middle all the time.

Metallica, Star Trek, Star Wars, KISS just to name a few.

#3 6 years ago

I just got my Premium and I just let it hit the left flipper...much better chance to keep the ball in play versus timing it shooting out.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can adjust the strength of the kickout coil to affect its trajectory.
This has been a problem on Stern games forever and it's just bizarre. I can't understand why after all these years they STILL can't come up with consistent kickout mechs that don't send the ball down the middle all the time.
Metallica, Star Trek, Star Wars, KISS just to name a few.

How do you "adjust the strength of the kickout coil to affect its trajectory"? I am a first time owner with no experience. And I wish it would 'just hit the left flipper' - it doesn't touch either flipper no matter what position.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from kkmaggie17:

How do you "adjust the strength of the kickout coil to affect its trajectory"? I am a first time owner with no experience. And I wish it would 'just hit the left flipper' - it doesn't touch either flipper no matter what position.

Take a trip through the game’s feature adjustments using the buttons on the inside of the coin door. I think most people have had luck with a setting of 30.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Take a trip through the game’s feature adjustments using the buttons on the inside of the coin door. I think most people have had luck with a setting of 30.

Ok, I wasn't sure if it was something that could be access through that menu - I will try this, thanks chuckwurt

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from kkmaggie17:

KMaggie, I just created a video going over the Star Wars Prem game and discussing some of the issues of SDTM and how to adjust them. I show in the video how to adjust the strength of that coil of what you are talking about.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/11/28/unboxing-sterns-star-wars-premium-unboxing-tweaks-artwork-rules-and-gameplay-video/

Video :

#8 6 years ago

Lower the kick out strength in the settings. I had to do the same with my GBs, SWs and the right kickout on GOTG needs lowered also

2 years later
#10 3 years ago

My mystery scoop on Star Wars Pro is not registering when a ball goes in and keeps auto ejecting out even when there isn't a ball. There's maybe 200 plays on it so far. I keep getting a flashing screen that says Operator Alert: Mystery Scoop Malfunction. Any tips on how to fix the scoop situation? Code is up to date. Thanks in advance!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from northofthewall:

My mystery scoop on Star Wars Pro is not registering when a ball goes in and keeps auto ejecting out even when there isn't a ball. There's maybe 200 plays on it so far. I keep getting a flashing screen that says Operator Alert: Mystery Scoop Malfunction. Any tips on how to fix the scoop situation? Code is up to date. Thanks in advance!

The switch isn’t registering. Put the game in switch test and get underneath the scoop and adjust the switch so it’s registering again. Most likely the actuator first the switch isn’t depressing enough when the ball is in the scoop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-right-scoop-sends-ball-sdtm-every-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.