Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 27dnast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I’m brand new to the hobby, and I am very interested in purchasing a new Star Wars Pro. I want to wait until after I move in February though.

I know it was released June 2017. Do you think I will still be able to get it NIB in February? How long does Stern keep new machines available after initial release?

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

They run them for a couple/few years so you should be OK would be my GUESS.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

I’m brand new to the hobby, and I am very interested in purchasing a new Star Wars Pro. I want to wait until after I move in February though.
I know it was released June 2017. Do you think I will still be able to get it NIB in February? How long does Stern keep new machines available after initial release?
Thanks!

The short answer is yes, in my opinion, you shouldn’t have any troubles finding them NIB. Stern licenses usually run 3 years more or less. But whether they produce more before license runs out depends on demand.

That said; I think street price for the pro right now is roughly $5600 shipped + tax (if you’re in a tax state). Come February 2020, that price may change. One other thing that will affect price is availability. If stern plans to not run anymore Star Wars pros come 2020, distributors may tack on an extra $100 or more dollars for their remaining stock.

NIB Pinball pricing is tricky. If thousands of machines have been made and sold and a bunch are still in distributor stock, but the manufacturer is no longer making them, the NIB price may go up even though secondary HUO prices are likely to be going down. On the flip side, if only a few hundred machines are made, and the manufacturer is still making them, NIB price will remain idle, while the secondary HUO price will depend on location supply/demand.

All in all. My opinion on SW pro is there will be plenty to be had it’s current market price at any given time.

#4 4 years ago

I know the thought of nib is appealing. I would keep the used market as a serious option. There is a good chance you will find a HUO sw with some nice added features like pinstadium or after market characters added and save several hundred. If your willing to go the extra money for nib, I would also look at a used premium. I like the dark side side art and the hyperloop is a nice addition.
If your not one to want to deal with haggling or worrying about dealing with person to person sales, then I can respect wanting a nib.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

Thanks!

Save a thousand and buy one used if you can find one local.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

If your willing to go the extra money for nib, I would also look at a used premium. I like the dark side side art and the hyperloop is a nice addition.

I have been looking at both the pro and premium. So far I feel like the premium doesn’t add a lot for the money. And while those features are unquestionably cool, I just see dollar signs and things that can break. Maybe that is an overly cynical take.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

I have been looking at both the pro and premium. So far I feel like the premium doesn’t add a lot for the money. And while those features are unquestionably cool, I just see dollar signs and things that can break. Maybe that is an overly cynical take.

To me pro is a better player for sure.

If you're lucky you can find a used pro NOT modded with a bunch of useless shit on it and save even more. But NIB is always a treat.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

I agree if you were buying new. On the used market I think we will see SW premium close to 6k soon.

#9 4 years ago

You are new to the hobby and price conscious. You should at least check out the new Star Wars Home Edition, especially if you are thinking you want only one pinball game for your new place come February. But if you buy either SW pro or SW premium you'll probably catch pinball fever like the rest of us and wind up adding several more.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You are new to the hobby and price conscious. You should at least check out the new Star Wars Home Edition, especially if you are thinking you want only one pinball game for your new place come February. But if you buy either SW pro or SW premium you'll probably catch pinball fever like the rest of us and wind up adding several more.

I won't give you a thumbs down, but the home edition.

#11 4 years ago

You can always pay for it now and have the distributor hold onto it.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I won't give you a thumbs down, but the home edition?

I know...what was I thinking?

#13 4 years ago

Lots of used pros available. If you only want new, I am sure you are safe you about a year. Stern started producing Star Wars in mid 2017; licenses are usually 3 years. Of course they could extend or renew.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

The Hyperdrive (in the Premium/LE) is one of most impressive mechs in all of pinball. Getting multiple balls flying (in the hyperdrive) while playing with multiple balls on the PF is very cool. I own an LE.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You should at least check out the new Star Wars Home Edition, especially if you are thinking you want only one pinball game for your new place come February.

I am just weeks into the hobby, and I think I already know I would get bored with a Home Edition. Also, for now I plan to get one Pin. But I might get another in the future. Is it crazy to only have one or two!?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

Is it crazy to only have one or two!?

I had only one for a few years...it's fine. When you're ready to start getting more you will.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I won't give you a thumbs down, but the home edition.

Maybe he works for Stern.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I agree if you were buying new. On the used market I think we will see SW premium close to 6k soon.

I own a Star Wars premium and really enjoy it. Is the premium “better” than a pro? That’s where you need to play to see the difference and see if it’s worth it to you. There have been quite a few premiums sell for $6000 and under. Here’s one example:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82409

#19 4 years ago

I don’t even like SW but I’d buy that if I was local.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I own a Star Wars premium and really enjoy it. Is the premium “better” than a pro? That’s where you need to play to see the difference and see if it’s worth it to you. There have been quite a few premiums sell for $6000 and under. Here’s one example:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82409

That deal was extraordinary for what was included. That being said, low $6,000s for a Premium should be easy to find. I would recommend the Premium over the Pro. I have owned both.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

I am just weeks into the hobby, and I think I already know I would get bored with a Home Edition. Also, for now I plan to get one Pin. But I might get another in the future. Is it crazy to only have one or two!?

St. Louis is a good pinball town... you should have no problem buying a home use only Star Wars Pro. You'll save a grand and get a game that's likely just as new as NIB.

Plus, someone else will have worked out all of the kinks for you!

For your question: absolutely not! If you only have one or two, just plan on selling and buying another at some point down the road. Lots of collectors have a rotation going.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-new-availability and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.