• Star Wars Pro Comic NIB 6,4k 1 vote
    4%
  • Star Wars Premium Comic NIB 8k 5 votes
    22%

(23 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Hi guys,

i was done with Pinball a Long time but now I’m on fire again

I felt in love with Stern‘s Star Wars and about to buy one.

How deep is the code ? Is the code done or are some Modes/Wizard Modes missing ?

Would you recommend buying a HUO Pro/Premium or LE?

Are the comic versions limited or different in Rulesheet or Animations?

Thanks for your help

#2 4 years ago

Code is fairly deep. Lots of modes and other quests to do. Not a fan of how some of the scoring is balanced or the multipliers, but there’s enough to do. Code is done and there are wizard modes (one I think).

Premium has some really cool features over the pro.

Comic versions only have different art. Animations and rules are the same.

Maybe try a HUO Pro or Premium now then upgrade to the Comic Premium if you like it.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from NiGh7MaRe:

Hi guys,
i was done with Pinball a Long time but now I’m on fire again
I felt in love with Stern‘s Star Wars and about to buy one.
How deep is the code ? Is the code done or are some Modes/Wizard Modes missing ?
Would you recommend buying a HUO Pro/Premium or LE?
Are the comic versions limited or different in Rulesheet or Animations?
Thanks for your help

Rules are extremely deep with lots and lots of variety. It’s one of the best rulesets in Pinball. The code could use a rinse of polish; there are very cool climatic objectives in the game that sometimes gets overwritten by something else running (i.e. tie fighter assault will trump destroying the Death Star).

That said, the game is brutal, very brutal. And the premium/Le is even more brutal than the pro version. So be ready for cheap drains which is one of the main reasons people don’t give the game a chance.

I have not seen the Star Wars comic versions in person but they look awesome in pictures. Being a Fan of Star Wars, I personally would be inclined to get a comic version. But, they are not limited; or rather only limited to the amount they sell while license is active.

Pro vs prem: pro flows better, prem feels better. Prem is much harder with more cheap drains and a tougher Death Star shot. But, it feels dam good. I’m starting to despise plastic ramp returns, so I’d say premium for the metal ramps; plus if you’re a real good player I think the premium would offer more.

#4 4 years ago

Premium all the way . Such a variety of gameplay built in one game . Choose whatever artwork , but definitely go premium , you’ll never regret it . I’m hooked on this game and I’ve owned LOTR and IM . SW is here to stay .

#5 4 years ago

I just picked up a premium Comic. I had owned a pro in the past. I really liked the pro. Lots of code. A lot of select ability for the player. For the Monet the pro was a lot of game for the money

The premium is way better!!! The hyper space loop may be the best toy in pinball. The comic art is excellent. I am not much of an “art” guy in pinball machines but the cabinet / playfield hand drawn far exceed the original game art. I believe I have owned over 70 games in this hobby and I have never played a game more in the first three weeks of ownership then this one.

#6 4 years ago

I have a OG art pro and love it, really enjoyed the prem+ from what I've played. I'd rather have the comic art and if I could snap my fingers and pay $500 more now, I would swap; but the OG doesn't bother me.
If you are a good player I don't feel the game is that difficult, and don't imagine that much of a difference betwixt the 2 when set up and tweaked...other than the death star shot.
Hyperloop is cool, lane return is cool, death star stupid...so amount of monies to upgrade is up to you.
Plastic ramps for life.
The game itself may become an all time for me. For all we know the GOT-->SW multiplier system may never be seen again, so I w0nt be getting grid of mine anytime soon. So interesting, so varied, so well done.

#7 4 years ago

Non Comic pro here at Tournaments! I'd love to have the hyperloop but not for 2k.

#8 4 years ago

Am I the only one who prefers the pro because on the premiums the death star shot seems to brick half the time? The hyperloop is a cool toy, but it's not worth $2k and the worse gameplay IMO.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Am I the only one who prefers the pro because on the premiums the death star shot seems to brick half the time? The hyperloop is a cool toy, but it's not worth $2k and the worse gameplay IMO.

Death Star shot is adjustable on the prem/Le. Unfortunately, not may operators take that kind of time.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I’ve played the pro countless times...I’m not counting dollars but the hyperloop adds so much to the game thru out the modes . It’s a simple statement to say not worth 2k .. but it’s not just a “hyperloop”

#11 4 years ago

I had a pro for 4 months. Bought it off route, cleaned it up and repaired some minor problems. Liked it so much, that when a local LE became available, I sold the pro at no loss and bought the LE. I've had the LE for for about 6 months now.

For original run I like the LE artwork and translite much better than the premium. I actually like the pro art second. LE has the cool side rails too. I do like the movie art better than the comic art, but that is of course subjective.

The Death Star shot on the premium/LE is much harder. With ramp up, I cannot backhand the DS unless the ball is traveling toward the left flipper and I hit it just right. I know others say they can backhand it, so it is possible to set up that way. Even on the right flipper, the margin of error is much smaller on the premium/LE - it will brick a lot.

The victory 6-ball multiball after winning a planet mini-wizard mode is insane. There are so many paths to choose. It's brutal, frustrating, fun, and invigorating. I made it to the emperor twice, and somehow (ie, luckily) defeated him once.

Maybe used prices are more in your location, OP, but even on the west coast of US (where prices are a little higher than the midwest and east), I see HUO premium and LEs for less than your poll prices. I voted Star Wars Premium HUO ~7k, because the HUO LE price you suggested is probably too much of a premium. If you can get an LE for less, then it might be better IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.95
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 21.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-le-advice-and-code-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.