Star Wars Pro - 1.04 Borked the Hoth shot

By zaphX

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My machine was working fine, then I applied 1.04.

Now the two posts that capture the Hoth shot (for video mode etc) don’t come up until several seconds later...well after the ball has sailed through.

I am pretty sure this is a software bug as it was working fine before the update.
Coil testing the posts, they come up every single time I press the test switch, so mechanically it is sound.

Anyone else see this?

#2 5 years ago

I have not updated to 1.04 yet.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have not updated to 1.04 yet.

I haven't either. There is nothing in the read me that makes me want to. And now hearing it may mess up the timing again, I do not want to bother with it. My Death Star and Hoth bounce-outs are completely gone after the previous update...the last thing I want to do is mess that up again!

#4 5 years ago

What version are you on that works?

#5 5 years ago

Revert the SW and see if it goes away.

#6 5 years ago

Where can I get old versions? Are downgrades safe? And what version is known good? 1.03?

#7 5 years ago

Downgrades are safe. I would look for the press releases for the old software and see if you find a link. I’ll take a look later if I can.

#8 5 years ago

Unfortunately everyone just linked to the Stern page which now points to 1.p4.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What version are you on that works?

1.03 solved my Hoth/Death Star timing problems. I had tried everything before that with not much luck. 1.03 was a huge improvement...not sure I've seen it miss since that update. Not sure where you can download it now. I can see if I still have the zip file when I get home from work tonight, and if so I can send it to you if you do not find it before. Let me know.

#10 5 years ago

Still can’t find it. Much appreciated if you have it.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Sorry, I must have deleted it. Hope you come across it!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have them, if you still need them.

Ah, wait...you need the pro, and I have the prem. Sorry.

#13 5 years ago

I have the pro version of 1.03. Won’t be able to get to it till Monday. If you still need it by then, let me know and I’ll send it your way.

#14 5 years ago

Well, great news!

I emailed Stern support and they were very responsive. Collaboratively we did some troubleshooting, identified the fault and a fix is forthcoming.

It was a really good experience.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, great news!
I emailed Stern support and they were very responsive. Collaboratively we did some troubleshooting, identified the fault and a fix is forthcoming.
It was a really good experience.

Was the problem code related?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Was the problem code related?

I always like reading vague responses on fixes.

#17 5 years ago

What is the fix?

#18 5 years ago

Software fix, sorry I thought that was implied.

Anyone else having the problem on 1.04?

#19 5 years ago

I haven’t upgraded to 1.04 yet so I can’t say.

So they’re going to release a 1.05 to address the issue? That’s great to hear.

#21 5 years ago

i'm quite sure the old file is still available on STERN server, just check for the link in your browser, or may be on STERN facebook for an old post with a direct link !?

and if not, STERN if you read me, you should keep the "previous last update version" when posting a new one

in the end, we, the users, should do the same when updating (i'll do it for my pins, and sry not having a SW)

#22 5 years ago

Do you still need 1.03?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Do you still need 1.03?

Nope, but thanks!

#24 5 years ago

I am surprised Stern has not released a fix yet. Usually they are pretty quick if they are aware the code is causing an issue.

#25 5 years ago

A fix would be nice..... Starting Hoth can worked around but can't finish the lightsaber duel now....Won't catch the ball ....endless....

#26 5 years ago

It's not a fix but interesting. If you can figure out a way to have the machine search for the ball, the shot will then work. I tested this on my brother's table with the glass off. Since the posts stopped acting correctly I was trying to find a way to activate the posts on their own without the switch. We would cause a ball search, make a play on something and then throw the ball through the shot and it would activate properly. Has anyone else tested this as well?

#27 5 years ago

1.05 is out with the fix!

#28 5 years ago

Sorry, I can't read correctly sometimes, I did not notice this was problem with the PRO version.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

Not really seeing anything there that screams "We fixed the thing with Hoth from 1.03"
All this update seems to have done is update Node firmware and add some audio adjustments.
Have you installed and tested yet? I'm still on 1.03 with everything working correctly, so I don't want to get BORKED just to get some audio adjustments.

It was 1.04 that broke it. Sadly I’m away from my pin (it’s in TX I’m in CA) but the Stern folks who worked with me on diagnosing and fixing the issue said this release fixes it. They emailed me to say so.

#30 5 years ago

Moved to System 2.06:
- Corrects the single post behavior in some edge cases.
That does sound like a fix to me. Hope it works for you when you get back to your pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 21.50
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-104-borked-the-hoth-shot?hl=fitzhume and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.