Linked Games

Topic poll

“Star Wars Premium vs Elvira HoH Premium”

• Elvira HoH Premium 41 votes
    62%
  • Star Wars Premium 25 votes
    38%

(66 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I didn't like Star Wars at first. I didn't play it again until a year's worth of updates were made. I was completely hooked after that. I wound up getting a used LE and have been addicted ever since.

Star Wars will completely piss you off if you aren't into precision shooting and thinking fast on your feet. This kind of game does not appeal to all players. I am not saying that is a good or bad thing ... everyone has different tastes. Star Wars should have been designed for a broader audience in my opinion given the theme, but, for selfish reasons, I am beyond thrilled with the way it turned out since it's the kind of pinball I love.

Here's a rundown of why I love the game (in no particular order) :

*The entire risk/reward scheme with the multipliers is awesome.

*The hyperloop is one of the coolest toys in pinball ... especially during hyperspace multiball.

*You have to like playing pinball physically ... the game forces you to learn how to nudge ... a lot.

*I typically dislike video modes, but the one in SW is great ... it's even better if you're using your multipliers and want to score big when you light video mode (or if you're Han or Leia and need to run through it on Hoth I).

*You're almost forced to come up with strategies to stack multiballs with modes and the like if you want to score big

*Blowing up the Death Star (the first death star, not the ROTJ/Endor one) is a challenge ... you feel like you really did destroy it once you do it . You want to jump up and down and cheer every single time you pull it off .

*The AV stuff is integrated nicely.

*The lighting effects for lightsaber battle are almost impossible to get sick of.

*The flickering lights for Escape from Boba Fett are awesome (playing that mode in the dark is a challenge in and of itself)
Even bashing the button to blow up tie fighters is fun (I thought this was ridiculous at first)!

*I get pissed off every single time I play it (pissed in a good way cause I want to play it again immediately regardless of how well I did) . In fact, I can hear my six year old playing it right now and yelling at it .

*It is much, much faster than Whitewater.

I like Elvira HoH, but Star Wars is awesome if you're into what I described. Make sure you get a premium or LE though (LE doesn't offer anything more than a premium offers) ... also, be sure to check out the newer "comic" artwork package of the premium ... more people seem to prefer it (I like the original art, but I am in the minority).

One final note ... as far as toys are concerned, there are literally millions of toys you can add to the playfield ... while I wish there were more/better animated toys, that becomes less of a factor once you get into the game itself .

If I had a complaint, it's that they need more Jabba the Hutt!

I hope this helps .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 12.95
11,855 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-premium-vs-elvira-hoh-premium?tu=megadeth2600 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.