65%
  • This one(post your 2017 favorite Pinball) 8 votes
    4%

(196 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0692 (resized).jpg
image3-1.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onthesnap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I think these “vs” threads are very helpful, even if I agree they rarely solve the debate - it’s a matter of preference! I’m presently considering buying a SW Premium vs. Dialed In, and I’m torn. But I already own a WOZ, and that feels like a slower, more toy-based game already, like DI. Also, I LOVE the original Star Wars movies, and I’m not as sure about the DI theme. So, if I add a SW, I’ll have a faster game with a theme I know and love. Plus, I’ve already started buying all the mods for SW...kinda clinches it for me! Is there an easier game ever made to buy cool mods for than SW??? I’m adding a Han in carbonite, an At-At, a storm trooper and a Boba Fett. Plus flipper bats and a few other standard mods. Maybe DI next year???

Yah I was just in the same boat. At the last minute I switched to DI LE from a SW Prem.

The main thing that convinced me one way or the other was sitting down and watching tutorial game play for each. Ultimately I felt that the SW Prem I wanted was really geared towards tournament play. Really geared. So probably guys really focused on that, or just want a piece of awesome SW furniture go that way.

Then I watch the same on DI LE. It was fun, amusing, easier to understand. I have a 9y/o and 5 y/o. And we're a 1st time pin family. The DI comes across almost as a mini amusement park. Takes itself less seriously. And just seemed like a better game for the casual player.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a hardcore SW fan, and if the SW game had the same "fun factor" to me and less emphasis on being a serious league game I'd go that way. But as it is, I felt I would have less fun with it.

We're a one pin house for now. If we get a lot of use out of the $9K DI LE, then going to 2 is an option.

Sales wise - I would think SW would ultimately kill a DI LE in overall sales. You just can't compete with a license like that. And 90% casual players prob don't dig deep enough to discover what DI LE is all about. I totally rejected it the first week of looking into this because I'm 1) Disgusted by drones (yah a snobby RC Heli pilot, that thinks dummy drone pilots are ruining RC), 2) My kids are just saturated with phones, screens, emoji's etc and I hate to have a game that reinforces that.

#79 6 years ago

Above 2 posts really I think strengthens my opinion that SW is a great "tournament" game, where mastering ways to achieve high scores adds a lot of depth to playing in those situations.

But that scoring depth and complexity is what ultimately sent me away as a casual gamer wanting a super fun long lasting pin. It's great they went for making the ultimate modern tournament machine. But as all of you have said the open fast layout looses a lot of the mass appeal that would perhaps have attracted more to it.

Anyway - maybe this was the vision from the start. Or maybe after the public reaction to it, they changed gears and focused on making it a great tournament machine.

This thread was helpful to help me choose what's best for me. If I fall in love with the hobby, I could see getting a SW to seriously develop skill. Maybe it will be one of the best to practice with.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I get a little sick of hearing this because it immediately infers the game cannot be fun or long lasting if you're juts playing the modes; which isn't true.

All fair. I'm a total noob trying to pick my first home game. All I have is the videos posted demonstrating the game play. Watching sw unfold in the videos didn't look fun to me. And ended up redirecting me to a "theme" I liked less, but looked more "fun".

I'm the average consumer here with some money to burn. With no access to actually play either machine. So I just go by what you guys write and the videos I can find.

Yay my first down vote!!

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure I hear ya; Not an easy choice when you can't play them. Luckily I own both (Pro SW) and I can tell you they are both very fun games. At some point you just gotta pull the trigger and get stuck with one!

Don"t worry I down vote a lot.

A lot of logic went into the thumbs up only world of Facebook. Now I just feel sad.

Yah the new machine is in route. Also I have a 9 y/o girl and 5 y/o boy. Somehow Emoji's and selfies are endless entertainment. LOL.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

With kids involved DI is the easy choice. My daughter is only 19 months and she goes apeshit for DI. Crawls all over the glass like a maniac; they'll love it.
Best read up those DI threads because the thing has some issues usually fresh out of the box.
Enjoy!

Read a big bulk of it, and I think I understand most of what's been noted. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 21.50
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onthesnap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-premium-vs-dialed-in?tu=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.