65%
  • This one(post your 2017 favorite Pinball) 8 votes
    4%

(196 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0692 (resized).jpg
image3-1.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

High end vs high end; I vote for Dialed In. But, perhaps SW Pro + save a couple grand would be the better route?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

After having played SW Premium/LEs, going with a Pro and not having the hyperdrive loop (or whatever it's called) would be a real bummer.

I guess it would help if I could find an le that I could actually hit the hyperdrive consistently and not get rejected on the vice versa horseshoe ramp.

1 month later
#78 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Objectively DI is the winner by miles. But - for me personally - it is just not fun to play this machine. The only "real thing" are the SIM cards. Modes are good, multiballs are more punishment than reward for achievements, especially pointwise. You play one minute - 100k, play five minutes 500k... only exception, get SIM cards, so that you have a multiplier for the modes. Don't get me wrong, not only points matter, but - points are rewarding... I need this rewarding feeling during the games. But as stated - my very personal opinion. Two more comments - even on max. power the flippers seem pretty weak compared to the current Stern machines. Lightning is awesome (much better than on Sterns).
Star Wars - what a theme and what a disappointment... who needs 40x, who needs the design flaws (fork ramp, hyperloop) and who needs this unispired layout? Those were thoughts... until i bought a Pro for price I couldn't skip. Oh man, what - literally - what a lightweight, also in terms of quality and playfield "population".
BUT - after some games and more knowledge about what to do and when to do it... this machine is a blast, it rocks, it's super fun. Why... soundtrack is great, it flows but still it is a shooter and most importantly it has the special moments, the rewarding moments. Having 40x while destroying the Death Star or getting a hyperspace up or... is so much more rewarding than everything I saw on DI. The speed, the brutal force - awesome. You have to be focussed all the time keeping your multipliers alive and in the correct position. This really adds another level in gameplay - like it or not, for me it's great.
I sold my DI after two weeks, I also sold my SW Pro after 4 weeks. But the only reason to sell the Pro at this time was to upgrade to a Premium. Well adding extra cash also adds the already mentioned design flaws. Why should you do this? Well, it seems the "flaws" were at least minimized with the code updates AND I wrote about the special moments - the go to shot is the left inner loop shot which is on a premium/LE not anymore the inner loop, but it feeds the Death Star/Hyperloop by the fork ramp so you can enjoy these moments much more. Getting a 1.8b hyperspace hurry up results in a short break in which you can enjoy the animation and the achievement. On a Pro the ball fires back so quickly, you may often have not even the time to check how many points you got
Both are outstanding machines, but it depends on your pesonal preferences... SW Rock'n'Roll - DI hmmm maybe Jazz.

Dude you freakin nailed it on the head! Exactly how I feel.

I love DI and enjoy it immensely. But, the dynamic scoring steve ritchie + Dwight offer in their games (SW + GOT) with the equally as good breadth in the rules gives these games such fun rewarding moments. It’s not just about seeing bigger scores, which is an argument I hear a lot, but it’s about dynamic scoring! - being able to go about different ways to hit big jackpots; i.e. can I do it with hyperspace hurry up, or bubba fet, Death Star, light saber duel, or simply just blow up a multiball + mode stack. Variety and breadth.

WOZ sort of offers this kind of dynamic scoring but it’s via end of ball bonus which isn’t as exciting as doing it during gameplay (but is still cool to see, just not as cool). Dialed in does have these elements too (better than WOZ in my opinion) with Big Bang and Sim Cards and I feel are implemented very well - hitting Big Bang with jackpots and a mode lit, or building the SIM cards and blowing up a disaster mode, etc...But still, SW + GOT are on another level...when it comes to dynamic scoring + breadth.

Integration and immersiveness, as well as attention to detail; and to me the custom call outs - Dialed in wins. Can’t lose with either game, just pick to your preferred style of Pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 10.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-premium-vs-dialed-in?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.