(Topic ID: 225838)

Star Wars Premium/LE or Deadpool Premium/LE (home environment)

By nicknack66

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kklank
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is the better pin for the home environment?”

• Star Wars Premium/LE 29 votes
    59%
  • Deadpool Premium/LE 12 votes
    24%
  • Neither (don't like either) 8 votes
    16%

(49 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Maybe it's a little early since SW code is done and DP code is still being worked on, but for those of you that have played both pins (even better own them), which do you think is a better game in a home environment? Thanks for your input.

#2 5 years ago

I think I would go SW it has better rules and the layout shoots much better than Deadpool.

#3 5 years ago

code cant fix layout...Star Wars is too brutal to be much fun for anyone short of tournament player level. Deadpool has a more straightforward layout, achievable multiball, great art and video integration, hard to go wrong.

Depends who is playing and how much you love love love either theme. If you are a Star Wars nut and love getting your ass kicked to a frustrating degree over and over, dont have a lot of casual players or kids around who need a game with more "training wheels" - get star wars. If you want a more approachable pinball machine with a universal layout and some pretty cool video integration and don't HAVE to have everything Star Wars - go with Deadpool

#4 5 years ago

I choose Deadpool, but code is still pretty early. Just didn’t care for the barren playfield on sw.

#5 5 years ago

Star Wars Premium is one of sterns best shooting machines. Deadpool isn’t.

#6 5 years ago

SW is a much better game right now. I like DP and think it will get better, but don't think it's going to catch up to SW game play wise.

#7 5 years ago

I'm very happy with my SW pro, I don't feel the play field is barren at all. Looking forward to playing Deadpool through.

#8 5 years ago

Always best to play them yourself but I vote Deadpool. Only had it a week and enjoy it more than either SW Pro or Premium and I owned both.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I could not agree more! I played a pro on location and the flow on that pin was solid. I ended up pulling the trigger and getting a Premium.. should be here tuesday or
Wednesday

#10 5 years ago

Sw is maybe my most fun pin! Code is king especially with stern. I don’t recommend buying any stern till code is complete. So sw or wait and see on dp

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

As a current owner of both LEs I really don't agree this criticism, although perhaps it may apply to some examples of DP. The Death Star shot with the ramp up on SW Pre/LE is a really tough one, perhaps as it should be. I find the upper ramp on DP is hard but doable reliably. Hitting the ramp after a ricochet off the stinkt target is really tough - but it should be since it is worth 15M + 2x playfield as a skill shot. Have the left orbit come back to the flipper on the sword (as it does on the DP prem but not pro) may take away some of the "clunk" that others complain about but I don't really feel.

I think SW is probably a harder game for newer players due to the moving the multiplier and the complexity of some of the rules. Also if considering a LE - I think DP offers a bit more in terms of better powder coating, mirrored "back glass", shaker, and HD glass that weren't include with SW LE. Most also find the art on DP much superior to SW. There are a few features of SW I find annoying like the video mode (which is nearly worthless without a large multiplier on the shot), and hitting the button to collect tie fighters.

Code is early on DP, but based on what is already here it will get there.

I think either game is a good choice, but I'd give the edge to Deadpool.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

As a current owner of both LEs I really don't agree this criticism, although perhaps it may apply to some examples of DP. The Death Star shot with the ramp up on SW Pre/LE is a really tough one, perhaps as it should be. I find the upper ramp on DP is hard but doable reliably. Hitting the ramp after a ricochet off the stinkt target is really tough - but it should be since it is worth 15M + 2x playfield as a skill shot. Have the left orbit come back to the flipper on the sword (as it does on the DP prem but not pro) may take away some of the "clunk" that others complain about but I don't really feel.
I think SW is probably a harder game for newer players due to the moving the multiplier and the complexity of some of the rules. Also if considering a LE - I think DP offers a bit more in terms of better powder coating, mirrored "back glass", shaker, and HD glass that weren't include with SW LE. Most also find the art on DP much superior to SW. There are a few features of SW I find annoying like the video mode (which is nearly worthless without a large multiplier on the shot), and hitting the button to collect tie fighters.
Code is early on DP, but based on what is already here it will get there.
I think either game is a good choice, but I'd give the edge to Deadpool.

I can hit the Death Star shot 5x easier than the dp katana shot. I ignore the sw multipliers for the most part. DP isn’t bad by any means I’m just really happy shooting SWPrem, but yes it’s a bit tougher pin I’d say than DP. However, no way anyone could argue the feel and smoothness between the two, there’s a significant difference between the two.

#13 5 years ago

Both have their downsides and are not great choices. Star Wars is wide open with not a lot going on, even on the Premium/LE, but then you have the Gomez clunk of Deadpool's layout, which software can only minimize, not fix.

So...gun to my head? Star Wars Premium, but I'd say neither. There are so many better choices now and in the very near future.

#14 5 years ago

I've owned both. The multiplier button on the SW was a pain in the button for me. I prefer the animation over the SW video shots. All in all both are good games but I enjoy DP much more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 21.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-premium-le-or-deadpool-premium-le-home-environment?hl=sandeep and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.