• 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kermit24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Thumbs up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 4 years ago

I wanted to ask was thinking about SW. Played it on location (not knowing the rules) and didn't get the feel, but maybe knowing the rules better I'll click with me. I have since watched a lot of tutorial videos and got a better feel for the rules.

However the only thing that I probably can't stand would be the video mode. I only wish it was not in the code or it was an option to skip (take points) or disable it in the menu. Not sure it that is what will prevent me from buying one. Is the video mode is as bad as it looks?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It's not really that bad, but you end up playing it a lot. You can reduce the time to 15s.

It might be the most frequently played video mode ever.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think you are overthinking the video mode. You will play it once or twice per average game. Sure, if you blow it up, you will play it a few more times, but it is a good break as this game is very fast and intense. Also, getting a 40x video mode and going for perfect is a rush in of itself. Use the middle button to speed up the ship, its fun. Much better than the GOT video mode or really anything I have seen recently. Dwight said he modeled it after Gyruss, and it does have a Gyruss feel the way the falcon moves.

Thank, maybe it’s not that bad.

My deal is just not liking video modes period. But can tolerate in small doses like AFM where I get if hardly ever.

Also it just strikes me as redundant as it’s in the movie only one time. IJ has a few different video modes iirc.

Might have liked it more if once was asteroids second was trench run where you play as X-wing or something different than repeating the same game over and over and over.

Guess I’ll need to live with it if I get SW, unless Dwight makes an option to skip (that a random point award or something).

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I ended up buying this and selling it. I thought the death star shot ruined the game. It feeds the hyperloop, is instrumental for starting and finishing modes, but it was engineered poorly. It is not a "hard" shot. Hard shots are makable. This is a broken shot. You can get a PERFECT hit on it and it will reject.
If it weren't for that, I would've enjoyed the game a whole lot more. The hyperspace loop is awesome. I actually enjoyed the rules, and the assets that were integrated into the game.

I wonder if the pro is any good miss out on hyper loop but might get a smoother game like TWD pro.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from brewmanager:

I loved the pro while I had it. It lasted well over a year in my collection, and with my pinball ADHD that's a fairly long time. Deep deep game with difficult shots, and so frustrating I just kept playing game after game after game.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm a huge fan of the pro. Death Star is still not an easy shot, but if you hit it, it never rejects, and it can be backhanded. And my Hoth shot is smooth as butter...no smacking the silly forks that do not move out of the way quick enough. The hyperloop is ok...but I can't stand it hanging over the flippers, and you do not really interact with it other than loading the balls. I like smacking the ball out of the "trap" to start hyperspace multiball and get jackpots on the pro instead. The pro just looks and plays more "cleanly" in my opinion.
The other premium stuff is not a big deal to me either. The virtual ball save is just as quick as the physical gate (and never has issues). The cracking egg Death Star is downright silly looking on the premium. The lightshow when you blow it up on the pro is just as effective, and less cheesy (again, just my opinion).
This is one pro that gets written off way to quickly.

Thanks.

I understand premium guys will love the premium features but I own Met pro and TWD pro and Maiden pro and they get the job done.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If you haven't picked one yet I'd go with MB66. Best coded Stern I've ever played. I bought a SW Premium NIB and sold it a year later. Haven't missed it a single second. Just one man's opinion.

I can’t get into BM66. Best code in a poor layout is not for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-premium-gotten-better?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.